Advice On My Pregnant Kitty!!!!

Thestarcatcher

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Too much KMR can cause diarrhea. I recommend a dish a day.
I did as you reccomended with the little guy, although it was only a little bit that I was able to supplement he is now officially 103 grams and I really couldn’t be happier! He is growing!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Whitney_erin

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
So today she seemed more restless than usual.. But still no other clear signs of early labor.

ileen

with Luciano since 12/5/16
Super Cat
Purraise
I've never had a cat with kittens, but I've followed many threads. There will be a time when the kittens drop into birthing position & don't move around as much. Your cat may also look a bit less pregnant then because the kittens are re-positioned. Obviously I'm no expert, but I'm betting she won't deliver until the weekend. There always seem to be many anxious days of waiting in these threads. Good luck.

ileen

Super Cat
Purraise
Look at that expression! She does look a bit miserable & grouchy, understandably.

Whitney_erin

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Yea. She's definitely miserable. Can't get comfy. Constantly grooming. Not really hungry, just wants goats milk.. I hope its soon. I know she's as ready as i am. Haha

Whitney_erin

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Shes sooo small! Her belly just looks so huge on her because she's so tiny! I thought surely no more than 2-3 a few weeks ago.. then I had a dream she had 4.. now i'm leaning more towards 4-5 too. haha. Poor thing just keeps going from the tile in my bathroom, to the wood in my room, to my bed.. like every 15-20 mins at the most. She just seems like she can't get comfortable. I haven't seen any discharge, any contractions, she's eating mildly, and so far kittens are barely moving today. I can feel them but I can't really see them.​

Whitney_erin

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
She definitely has milk though. Shes had milk in a few nipples for days!

ileen

Super Cat
Purraise
Do you know how much she weighed before she got pregnant? Can you get on a scale with her now & subtract your own weight to see what hers is now?

Whitney_erin

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
And today, that nipple in the close up pick of her belly that's pudging alot. Looks significantly more full than yesterday. It wasn't that big yesterday.

Whitney_erin

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I don't have a regular step scale. I have a medium sized scale for the kittens that weighs in grams, oz, lbs, fl oz.. ect.. big enough for her to step on if I can get her on it. lol

Thestarcatcher

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
She sounds close! Maybe she will have them tomorrow when you would prefer her to ;). Do you have an emergency vet contact or have you taken her to be examined by a vet in her pregnancy at all? Smaller cats (especially inexperienced) can face more complications with the birthing process, especially larger litters. Since she is looking so big right now I really hope you can be present for the birth. If she can’t lick herself she may not be able to or not know what to do and that could be serious...she could also tire quickly or maybe have a larger baby get stuck. C section is also possible it seems. I was lucky that Amora was older and knew the ropes. I had to help wipe off the last one a bit but she was eating well up until she gave birth so she had a lot of energy. I would just be cautious and excited lol.

Whitney_erin

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
My sister is a vet, but she lives in Colorado.. So she's on standby. Sassys vet is pretty far away. As well live in a very small town with no type of vets/clinics.. So worst case scenario Wed have to make a drive.

Whitney_erin

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Also do all cat nipples get red before birth? Because sassys aren't red, they are just pink!