A Lot Of (still) Newbie Questions

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
The other day was a rare day as Mom wasn't feeling well (physically) so she was napping on the couch but today she's up and about.

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh dear, this is a hard case. :( I'm trying to think of my best ideas in dealing with difficult mothers.
Yea it is very difficult. If I go out to buy the cat food she wants to check me when I come home to be sure I didn't buy any food for them. And I don't know how to hide the food in my clothes without looking "bulky". The Prime Now Delivery worked well up til they took it upon themselves to just deliver in a window earlier than what I specified which almost caused another uproar

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
The cats will starve if I can't feed them. They totally do not know how to hunt, no one is taking care of them and they do not want to help with the feeding. :(

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm really at wits ends with this. I have like (2) 3 oz cans of food for them and she's throwing fits that I even want to go to the store to get a soda for myself. Ugh I won't be able to feed them for 24 hours. My heart is breaking in two as I doubt 5 cats can be sustained on a total of 6 oz of food.

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
If she throws a fit about me leaving the house for 5 minutes to do a short paid $10 gig then she will throw a fit about anything. I have to be up just after midnight doing surveys or she throws fits. And either way how am I going to get food to her. She's installed an outdoor alarm so can't even sneak Prime Now deliveries. :(

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
So I went to Quick Trip to get Mom and I coffee. I took no purse, used my pockets. Stopped at Dollar General right next door and got (2) 13 oz cans of Friskies. One can is still in my car, the other can I stuffed inside my jeans. Ugh What a way to live. :(

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
I have to work out this feeding tragedy with the cats. They lick up all the gravy leaving the dry meat and then yowl at me to get more food. With my Mom it is no longer possible to run out to store every day and I'm truly at my wits end. I'm sitting here crying over this and the store is closed (Mom needs her half and half) and I want to make one stop only as I'm being timed on my outings. And I STILL need help with the cat tree situation which I"m not getting any answers to. :(

On the upside, Shaman playfully swatted my hand (claws pull in instead of leaving out), like Treasure does, and then she backed up and looked at me like should I have done that?

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Try Friskies Shreds, that's one of the few my cats will eat. Do they eat Pate? Friskies has some pates too. What is the cat tree situation?

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
Try Friskies Shreds, that's one of the few my cats will eat. Do they eat Pate? Friskies has some pates too. What is the cat tree situation?
The shreds are what the are just licking the gravy and letting the meat sit and dry.

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes and they don't like pate. Shaman can't eat dry at all. I don't know if she has gum issues or not but since I still technically can't touch her I can't pick her up and take to a vet. I never had this issue with Pepper years ago. Only thing she did not like was liver. Ugh what a horrible situation. These cats are as difficult as my Mom although I'll give the cats a pass because they're cats

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
But no one tells how to mince the meat. I’m at store now. Heart is breaking in two. They’ll starve if this tragedy is not resolved.