A Lot Of (still) Newbie Questions

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
The bushes are gone. Several cars blown away by the very heavy winds. My lawn chair was seen 3 blocks away. :(

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
They can't even get to their food and water and if I go out then I won't be alive to even feed them if they are ok.

Other homes here are even more damaged and no home to run and hide under. Ugh. So close to re domesticating them too. :(

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks. I appreciate it but we are on the highest hill in the neighborhood. :(

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
Well a very hungry and an extremely wet Treasure returned. Haven't seen Shaman, I think she ran off somewhere but Treasure doesn't seem concerned so I won't. Still haven't seen Shadow, Noobs or Wichapi for days but they are more feral now so I trust that they are ok as they aren't quite so dependent upon humans at the moment

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
Shaman is back being her usual finicky self. But I just saw her eat a hard cat treat so I think she's trying to pull a fast one on me with the food She had me wrapped around her little paw but now I know that she is just being contrary. lol

I have to give just 2 kibble treats in order to get back inside the house at night and lock up or they'd never let me come back inside.

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
Shaman and Treasure showed back up last night. But today Mom will be downstairs so I have to make Shadow (who I saw from a distance this morning) wait for food til lunch. I took one bowl of food to the back of the garage (hid in a bag inside the can I use to discard trash and yard waste) while cleaning up the damage but these cats just don't seem to get it for some reason. And we don't have yard waste to pick up every day.

Treasure followed me the entire time I cleaned up.

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
Shaman and Treasure looked so confused when I put the food bowl to behind the garage and brought all of their toys inside so Mom wouldn't see. But they've been through this once before a couple of weeks ago. It's funny though how I can just sit and think about one of them and she shows up. I was really thinking about Shadow this morning hoping all was well due to these storms and looked up while breaking limbs and there she was down there by the fence watching. Almost like telepathy. I should practice this more with them.

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
This is getting to be too much. Now I have to lure Shaman and Treasure away from the door with a bowl of food because well Mom again. So I have a bowl of food sitting here in front of me waiting for when I hear Mom start downstairs and lure these two away with food. Ugh this is a horrible way to live

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
And Mom is throwing a fit over scratches in a 35 year old screen window in the door.

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
Well observing Mom going outside today I believe her days of heading outdoors are coming to a fast close. It took her 30 minutes to get the confidence to go outside. And no this was not in regard to the cats, she thought she could "help" with the cleanup by putting into yard waste bags as she was "concerned" about me being out there for 4 hours cleaning up after heavy storms. I honestly don't think she'll be able to go outside at all in a couple of months from now and then the cats will have their set up as it used to be.

Speaking of cleanup, what a mess we had. We still have 5 weeks worth of clean up around here. The cats are taking it in stride and in fact they found a new hiding spot under the fallen limbs and branches .

walli

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Your mom prolly has a lot of feelings about not being able to do much
I know when my mom started not being able to do too much, she told me she felt useless, this could be something your mom goes through, are you able to do anything with her? Play a game? watch tv with her? Read her a nice children's story, that will melt her heart!
you may see a change in her!

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
We have our morning coffee together, we watch tv together and we have dinner. Anymore time doing stuff an she says she's wasting time and not being constructive. You have to understand my Mom. She spring cleaned the house for 16 hours a day in her younger years and refuses to stop now

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
  1. the last time I insisted my Mom sit and take it easy she worked herself so much she had to be rushed to ER and almost died, so basically as I keep saying, my hands are tied as I refuse to be the cause of her death. She wouldn't even let my Dad do stuff and they have an extremely happy marriage.

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh and forgot to add, we have no board games. Last time I bought one for us she threw me out of the house because I "foolishly spend my money on someone who won't be around another 20 years".