A Lot Of (still) Newbie Questions

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
Your mom prolly has a lot of feelings about not being able to do much
I know when my mom started not being able to do too much, she told me she felt useless, this could be something your mom goes through, are you able to do anything with her? Play a game? watch tv with her? Read her a nice children's story, that will melt her heart!
you may see a change in her!
You know what? Heck with it. I'll get a monopoly game for me (or a mahjong set as I always wanted to learn to play). She'll just have to deal with it and realize that I have interests too.

If she throws me out of the house then I can live my life the way I want. Sad to say

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
My Mom never played games as she was cleaning 16 hours a day

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
Question on the food. How much water should I add to the dry food? It gets real soggy and Shaman gives me the look

walli

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I guess just enough to moisten it, not soupy
the more it sits the more it will soak up, so just enough so the food doesn't fall apart

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
I guess just enough to moisten it, not soupy
the more it sits the more it will soak up, so just enough so the food doesn't fall apart

Thanks.

Today is the Friday errands day. I think the cats pretty much know the routine now. I don't even leave the radio on for them anymore as they know from my ritual it's Friday and they run around playing. If I leave the toys ups after serving breakfast they know I'll be gone for a few hours. Only thing is to distract them from running to the car when I come out. When Mom was in her right mind she would never intentionally harm them but who knows today with onset of early dementia what she'd do. So now I'm saving a handful of freshpet food to distract them at the bowl when I bring the garbage can around. That way they'll be busy eating instead of running to the car when we leave. I'm serious. I can't go anywhere outside now without Treasure following me and Shaman following Treasure.

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
Shaman licked the gravy off of my finger tonight. I'd say the trust is building. I had to alternate. One lick from spoon while the other licked my finger and then vice versa, otherwise Treasure is headbutting for attention. Shaman even swatted at a toy once but then seemed hesitant. And yes the gravy from the cat food can not human gravy. :)

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
And while it breaks my heart closing the door on Shaman and Treasure (because of Mom) I know that they have each other at nights. It is hard though as I would love to bring them in and I think that they may be ready for it. Be so much easier with re domesticating Shadow if I could bring them in but Mom would know because of her allergies which that part I understand not bringing them in as she has no control over her allergies.

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
Why am I not getting any answers to the cat tree tragedy and I'm still faced with like 20 mylar bags that I get from Whole Foods delivery that I just don't want to throw away. I'm facing a lot and can't "think" right now on how to resolve these 2 major tragedies. And yes it is a tragedy as she's upstairs on the warpath about the clutter. Please I'm looking for answers. After that I won't post on this thread any more.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What is the cat tree tragedy? And what are Mylar bags? Can you recycle them?

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
I guess you didn't see my 50 x asking about it on here but you know the situation with my Mom. The cat tree will not fit in my car, I can't take to the garage because Mom sees it and it's her garage, it's carpeted so I can't leave behind garage or it will rot, I have nowhere to hide it during the day yet the cats love the tree at night time. I guess there is no hope at all with this situation.

The mylar bags are what Whole Foods (door dash and others use same things) to keep your food temperature controlled during food delivery. Hot foods stay piping hot and cold foods stay cold. If I can use it in some way for the cats (100 degrees here today) I'd rather use it than "recycle".

I'm really thinking that my situation is 100% hopeless. :(

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Where is the cat tree right now? I would keep those bags away from the cats, they are probably a suffocating hazard.

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
At the moment nothing is working. Either I run outside every 3 minutes moving things around and not earn the money to feed the cats and fix my credit score or I do nothing and same situation only Mom gets involved. I also need to earn money and can't be stopping every 2 or 3 minutes to move a cat tree in and out of sight. I can't sit outside because of her balance issues and she fell again yesterday so I have to be where I hear her. She refuses to do the Echo Dot thing because of "demons reside inside technology". It's a total mess around here.

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
Where is the cat tree right now? I would keep those bags away from the cats, they are probably a suffocating hazard.
Right now the cat tree is under the desk. But I don't sit at the desk 24/7 although I should to get out of here. So if I'm in shower my Mom will see it.

So don't shelters use mylar bags to insulate winter shelters? Or am I wrong on this? Again though I'm doing good to hammer a nail into the wall so I don't know. I didn't mean give the bags to the cats to play with. I meant like shelters, a food station or something.

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
If I can't use the mylar bags for the cats then maybe I can use it for the house?

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
But again I can't think creatively on this because of all of nonsense I put up with from my Mom and crazy man up the street, not to mention as my title I'm also the cat food bowl monitor, trying to earn $30 a day with surveys so I can stay alive as well as keeping the cats alive, and still being here for Mom. I think I should have thought all of this out to be honest, because my stomach has been in knots since Mom's tirade 3 weeks ago. :(

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We use those bags to bring home pizza and other take-out food from restaurants, it keeps it warm since we live 30 minutes from town. I don't know about making cat shelters out of them. Where is the desk?

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
In the basement. And I can't take to 2nd floor as I HAVE to walk past her to take it up there.

I live 3 minutes from a pizza place.

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
The cat shelters are lined with mylar to keep the heat in. Every shelter/TNR webpage I've seen has mentioned lining the inside of the man made shelters with mylar however again with this situation here and my lack of building skills (remember the nail in the wall I mentioned), I'm not sure. And getting supplies sent here is not an option. Again Mom. And yes the situation is HOPELESS with my Mom because if the Alz. org ran out of ideas there is no hope with her, as the are the #1 experts on dementia and Alzheimers.