Wild And Wonderful Animal Rescue's Feral Cat Tails...

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
They ar probably have their day time hideout away from the busy streets. Most likely in nearby canals and drainage and comes out in the night when the restaurants and food outlets dump their left overs.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ashade1

Wild and Wonderful Animal Rescue Director
Top Cat
Purraise
Good news is the last kitten I trapped from there this week, the one that I said is young... like 9 weeks old. She is already purring in my arms. She still hisses when I walk in the room but when I pick her up she just melts lol.

ashade1

Top Cat
Purraise
Planning on trapping at a trailer park this Wednesday and Thursday... its the small colony I mentioned a while back, it is a mom and 4 now adult kittens lol. Hoping to catch at least the three females between the two days. I am so worried. We have already taken in a pregnant cat, seen a couple in heat, and had a request for another pregnant cat. It is only January. I don't think kitten season ever ended this year. Sigh.

ashade1

Top Cat
Purraise
I am just blessed to have a bit of time and other groups helping fund them. I would rather be busy now then overwhelmed with litters and litters of kittens in the future. I am glad these people contacted us before there were 20+ cats here. What more could I ask for lol.

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
That's great news about the kitten. And about the tom cat's neuter.

I know what you mean about feeling relieved people contacted you early on. Every cat spayed now is half a dozen less to worry about in the summer. Spays always heal up better in the cold weather too, you don't have to worry so much about bacteria and infections.

Good luck with the new colony.

:goodluck:

ashade1

Top Cat
Purraise
I don't know what I'm going to do with Walter... the long haired gray and white cat from Clydes. He is very calm. Let's me reach in and pet him with no reaction. That's why I'm a little worried... He doesn't do anything. He doesn't shy away, doesn't hiss, doesn't swat, he just stares at me in a sad way. Not a scared way. Is he becoming depressed? Does he miss his home and his friends there? I promised Clyde that I would do what was best for Walter, even if that meant returning him. I am just so torn. I think he could be a sweet cat.

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Honeybee on my lap, music playing in background
I don't know what I'm going to do with Walter... the long haired gray and white cat from Clydes. He is very calm. Let's me reach in and pet him with no reaction. That's why I'm a little worried... He doesn't do anything. He doesn't shy away, doesn't hiss, doesn't swat, he just stares at me in a sad way. Not a scared way. Is he becoming depressed? Does he miss his home and his friends there? I promised Clyde that I would do what was best for Walter, even if that meant returning him. I am just so torn. I think he could be a sweet cat.
Send him my way..Honeybee can keep him company. He may need another cat buddy to keep him company..can you pair him with antoher of your fosters? See how he reacts around another kitty. He's beautiful and looks sad in that picture you posted earlier-maybe he needs time to adjust. How is he doing otherwise? Eating? sleeping ok?

ashade1

Top Cat
Purraise
Here is a welcome sight! A cat showed up on our trail cam footage from our Alley Cat Colony with an ear tip! I know someone said they fixed a couple of cats in this location a couple of years ago... I sent her a message to see if she remembers if this is one of the ones she did.
IMAG0078.JPG

ashade1

Top Cat
Purraise
Also I have been monitoring the trail camera footage to try to see if there are anymore kittens the age of the last one I got... 9 weeks old. I haven't seen any... but this last batch of pictures I got this one... its really blurry but it looks like a kitten face to me... it's the only picture of this cat I think..
IMAG0131.JPG

houseofnine

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
ashade1 ashade1 where are you located? There is someone on another thread in this form "First cat and it's a feral" located in Newberry, SC and needs some help with a 10-12wk old kitten. He caught it on a job site. In case you are close by or have a no-kill shelter contact/recco.
Thank you!

Last edited:

ashade1

Top Cat
Purraise
So after 5 hours of trying to trap tonight we caught... one cat. lol. One of the boys. he is a cutie!
IMG_00921.jpg

I was hoping to get at least two cats and one of them be a girl... I have to work tonight but I am going to have Kyle get up early this morning and try to trap again before we take him to the clinic... they will take up to three. I saw two of the girls today, the one kept coming out and walking around the traps but wasn't too interested in going in.. they must have not been hungry. I think I am going to get KFC and hope for better tomorrow! Fingers crossed we catch one or two this morning and then we are trapping again this evening to drop off for surgery Friday morning!