Wild And Wonderful Animal Rescue's Feral Cat Tails...

houseofnine

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
We are in WV! I don't have any contacts down that way... I'll check out that thread!
Thank you, this poor guy is trying to socialize this kitten and is staying in a hotel (working away from his home on a job site). His heart's been stolen by this kitty but he is totally inexperienced with what to do, dealing with vets who don't like ferals, etc. =)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ashade1

Wild and Wonderful Animal Rescue Director
Top Cat
Purraise
We got rained out of trapping today, we tried but none of the cats were out so we didn't get any to be altered tomorrow. But two cats down, three to go at this location! I'll have to look at my schedule and the weather and plan another day soon! Really trying to get the girls before they get pregnant, seems like everyone is in heat now!

ashade1

Top Cat
Purraise
BOY you've been busy while I had flu! MISSED YOU!
We missed you too!

For those of you who follow both of our threads.. Walter is struggling. He is eating and drinking but he is loosing weight. I am thinking about temporarily returning him to the colony until I have a quarantine spot open to take him and Nemo who is his best friend. For those of you who don't remember, Nemo has had a URI and i dont have a spot to seperate him until he is well, because I am SO FULL. Ugh. I dont think Walter or Nemo will be hard to retrap with the drop trap... I finally had one donated! Yay!

ashade1

Top Cat
Purraise
We brought Walter back tonight... he wouldn't come out of the carrier on his own... Nemo walked up to the carrier and leaned in and licked his head and he followed him out!
Nemo does still have a URI... I have antibiotics to try but I haven't been reliably seeing him everyday... I am going to see if Clyde can give them to him if he comes home soon... he seems to think he is

ashade1

Top Cat
Purraise
We'll be trapping on Sunday night/Monday morning at a few of the colonies... I can take up to three so we will see who we can get!

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I hope so too...although I'm always torn...the poor girls have to go through the pregnancies and rearing kittens in deplorable conditions, but ONE tom out of commission is God knows how many pregnancies averted!

ashade1

Top Cat
Purraise
I am going to see if there is any way for Clyde to give Nemo the antibiotics... that would be best because Nemo sleeps on him... However Clyde has Parkinsons so I am not sure what is going to be the easiest way for him to get it to him...

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Can the antibiotic be mixed into Nemo's food? Clavamox drops would be easy for Clyde to measure and mix in the wet food, and then make sure Nemo is the one eating it.

So glad he is home! I hope he is able to remain at home now for a good long while.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I know Clyde is so happy to be home with his babies, and so happy that they were cared for while he was recovering!