Wild And Wonderful Animal Rescue's Feral Cat Tails...

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ashade1

Wild and Wonderful Animal Rescue Director
Top Cat
Purraise
I am a little at a loss of what to do with him/her right now... I had a place for them but since we decided to keep Walter (long haired cat from Clyde's) he took that crate... and we had an adoption tonight that opened up one of the rooms but we are getting a pregnant cat and I need that room for her. I am so conflicted! We have another large crate in the garage but I don't really have anywhere to put it lol. Guess I will have to figure something out!

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
Awww, that little sweetie! I'm glad you finally trapped him/her. I think tabbytom had a good idea, just keep him in the same room covered with blankets. He/she will be able to smell other cats around, even if they are in a different room, so covered up in the same room won't make much difference.

ashade1

Top Cat
Purraise
Its just finding a place to put the crate lol. I already have two large dog crates set up in one room and my other room I was going to use for the pregnant cat to birth her kittens.... I guess I can put them in a crate in that room and she should adjust ok... I just don't want to stress her out too much.

ashade1

Top Cat
Purraise
Here are a few!

IMAG0024.JPG

Everyone's favorite, Nemo!
IMAG0026.JPG
IMAG0039.JPG
This is miss Rose, the last black and white one we had altered!
IMAG0073.JPG
Miss Izzy! I never see her when I am there anymore, but she is ALL over the trail cam pictures!
IMAG0117.JPG
IMAG0260.JPG
IMAG0291.JPG
IMAG0455.JPG

Benny! I also never never see him! The first time I had seen him was when we trapped him for his neuter and I have only seen him once since then. Seeing him on the trail camera is so relieving!
IMAG0296.JPG

This is one of the black and white cats that still needs done! The reason I bought the trail cam was to see how many different black and white cats are left! This one I have just been calling triangle lol she (or he) is all over the trail cam so I think they will be my next one I try to get!
IMAG0310.JPG

This one I am pretty sure is a big tom, he still needs done too.

I am so grateful to be able to see all of them and to see that we have already altered most of them! It looks like just a few left!

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Great pics! The trail cam was a great idea!
As always, love seeing Nemo. Can't wait till the day you tell us you've found him a furever home.
Also loved the one with the triangle marking.
And that chubby funny looking cat! :lol:
How many cats are there in total? How many still to be neutered? And how many are adoption possibilities?

catsknowme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You have a gorgeous set of ferals! What brand/model trail cam is it - I am considering getting one.
Benny looks to be part Maine Coon. I have had breeders tell me online that there is no way that Maine Coons are out & about breeding but I know of pedigreed studs in my area who are inside/outside because they are so difficult to deal with. One little town was inundated with gorgeous Persian mixes from a dominant male.

ashade1

Top Cat
Purraise
Including kittens we have trapped 13 cats/kittens from Clyde's so far. Three kittens went to anther rescue and Walter, the adult long haired is still with us. I think Nemo and Smokey Joe would do great in indoor homes. There are at least three more cats that need altered, the big gray and white tom, the black and white with the triangle, and I used to see a small solid black cat- I haven't seen her in a couple of weeks though. I suspect there are a couple more black and white cats too though, we will see more with more trail camera footage I guess!

ashade1

Top Cat
Purraise
So there are more cats at our Black and White Alley Kitten location than thought. I believe the last black and white kitten we trapped is a new litter. It is much smaller/appears to be younger than the other litter should be now... Like she is the size of an 9/10 week old. It is a girl, so one less reproducing female there! But now I am worrying about if there are more from her litter... We went out to trap today and I saw one adult and one older kitten- like from the first litter we were trying to trap. We ended up catching a big tom, pictured below. I wasn't planning on catching an adult- none of the vets here do spays/neuters on weekends so I guess we are crating him until Monday. oops.
IMG_00661.jpg

Took my trail camera to this location to see how many cats we are working with and what times they are coming because I RARELY see them.

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
Wow, look at that boy! What a magnificent creature. I know they're not everyone's choice, but I love big old tom cats. They can be some of the sweetest cats around once they've been neutered. He looks pretty battle scarred, it's good to think that his fighting days are over. I guess he could be the father of some of the black and white kittens you're seeing.

Is he going to be released back at the spot you trapped him?

ashade1

Top Cat
Purraise
I love big old Tom cats too! I love their big chubby cheeks! He seems very calm in the trap/crate once I moved him over. However he is super temporarily placed in my garage. I don't have room for another crate in my house so unless we can fund a foster he might be going back. He definitely looks like he could tell some stories...

ashade1

Top Cat
Purraise
Got our first night of footage from the colony I think I am going to call The Alley Cat Colony. Here is a picture of the area I feed/trap/ and they have a shelter. I have no clue where these guys stay all day... They are surrounded by businesses and then there is a walking trail by the river that runs behind the businesses.
IMAG0065.JPG

This last snow I made up the little feeding station. The intention is when it is really cold we can put hot hands under the bowl. We were struggling to keep rain and snow out of the bowls so this was our solution.

ashade1

Top Cat
Purraise
We got at least three different cats on the trail camera... the one is the solid black boy we caught last night. The tabby is new to us, because we have only been seeing tuxedos! I can't tell if the black and white in the last picture is the same as the other one or not... But they ONLY come at night apparently. No day time pictures here.
IMAG0019.JPG
IMAG0017.JPG
IMAG0051.JPG
IMAG0058.JPG