Wild And Wonderful Animal Rescue's Feral Cat Tails...

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ashade1

Wild and Wonderful Animal Rescue Director
Top Cat
Purraise
GREAT NEWS! One of the groups that I work with (the one who lent me the drop trap) they are an official nonprofit, they just received a grant for spays/neuters for $20,000! They want to partner with me and help fund my TNR! The grant money will also be used to help people spay/neuter their pets in areas where there aren't many low cost programs. This is so great to think of how many we can help! I really do want to buckle down this year and work on my nonprofit status... it is so daunting though.

ashade1

Top Cat
Purraise
I am not sure how much of it they want to use for TNR... they are a relatively new group and they have been following my work with the ferals and said that they really want to get more involved with ferals but at this time they don't have someone to do it. Which is why they would love to give funds for me to help them. I am so honored and thankful to have such great groups in our area.

houseofnine

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Happy Day! Ghost was adopted today! Just a reminder, Ghost came from our Park Colony where it we saw him injured and tried for WEEKS to trap him. When we finally got him to the vet they said he had a break in his leg in the past but it healed itself but there was nerve damage and he can't bend his leg at the knee. Since he had a "handicap" he wasn't returned to the colony and stayed with us to get socialized. Now he was adopted! We are so happy for him!
View attachment 213409
I am SO GLAD to hear Ghost has a home. I was reading your early posts about him yesterday..only got as far as you catching him. This has all certainly been an adventure for you, and I have so much admiration for you and your friends who are doing this largely on your own, with your personal funds. Hubs and I live in suburban CT, densely populated, and 8 of our 12 cats came from our yard. Our rescue friend says she loves trapping kitties at our house--that it's always easy. So different from your challenges with the park cats. (The deal is that we pay the discounted vet bills and keep the cats. We are officially at the max capacity though).
Anyway--I just wanted to say how wonderful your work is. =)

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
GREAT NEWS! One of the groups that I work with (the one who lent me the drop trap) they are an official nonprofit, they just received a grant for spays/neuters for $20,000! They want to partner with me and help fund my TNR!
:yess::bunnydance::bunnydance::bunnydance::bunnydance::bunnydance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance:

May I suggest a name for our gray boy? Grisha. It's Russian, and means "watchful." With all you went through to trap the sly little devil, that seems fitting.

ashade1

Top Cat
Purraise
I am so on the fence about this long haired fluffy boy, who I think I have decided to name Walter. I love giving long haired male cats old man names lol. He is pretty calm and I think he would socialize pretty quick and would be pretty adoptable because he is so stinking cute. I definitely want to downsize this colony because of Clyde's health. I would feel a little guilty about taking him when I have put off Nemo so long... and him and Nemo are buddies... maybe I will see if I can clear out a space to isolate them and I can crate them together... but we were planning on pulling a cat or two from the full kill shelter we work with next month... I am so torn.

ashade1

Top Cat
Purraise
Actually I don't think he would be too hard to trap again! It took me a while to catch him the first time because other unaltered cats kept going under the trap so we ended up taking them anyway! We had a few people express interest in him... I think we will try fostering for now and see how it goes!

ashade1

Top Cat
Purraise
Went back to change his pee pads and give him a can of wet food and he let me pet him inside of the trap. Today was his last day in the trap. I was planning on either releasing him or moving hum to a crate here today... I gave him an extra day while I was trying to decide. I called Clyde. He said He is one of his favorites but to do what I think is best. I reached out to another rescue to see if they have room... We will see. Not I guess he is staying here!
20180119_151620.jpg

ashade1

Top Cat
Purraise
We are so excited, we bought a trail camera to help us get a better idea of the number of cats at our colonies and what time of day the cats are coming! Unfortunately last night the cats knocked over the camera before we got too many pictures but here are Benny and Nemo, who have already been neutered! We look forward to getting better information about these cats and ensuring we are able to spay/neuter them all!

Attachments

ashade1

Top Cat
Purraise
It was warm today so we went to the alley by the restaurant where those tuxedo kittens were. Our plan was actually to trap mom for a spay because they feeder hasn't been seeing the kittens, but we actually caught another kitten today!
Woo! Going to try to go back another day this week to get the mom or the last kitten...
IMG_00341.jpg

Edit: No newspaper or puppy pads down yet because this was right after we trapped him/her, I usually throw it in after!