When you walk into a room.....

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
Two very different reactions from my two cats when I enter a room. Willow, age 13, has lived with me 12 years, runs and hides when I come in. Lola, age 11, has lived with me two years, will run up to me, start to purr and ask for pets.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Happy kitty lol
May I ask where you got his cat tree and what it looks like I see the bottom spart and I have been trying to find something similar
The one in the foreground came from Petco. The other came from amazon--a friend alerted me to a flash sale on those and I was lucky enough to get one. It's by GoPet. You can find these all over the place. They come flatpacked and you get the pleasure of putting them together yourself.:crackup:Search "GoPet" and you'll see multitudinous links.
IMG_2441.JPG

One time I walked into the office and I saw THIS guy hard at work. Well, sorta.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

heatherwillard0614

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 we actually just ordered Gabby a new cat tree during amazon prime day. I love putting them together.. this is the 3rd one we have bought for her
Her very first one is kind of small 4ft or so and that one we put at the door when it is open for her to lay there and watch the outside world

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yea I was looking at the one in the front in your picture it has a cylindrical part with two holes
That one's from Petco. I bought it some years back, from the physical store, around the winter holiday time, when some were at good prices. It's nice and sturdy and we love the natural wood verticals.
IMG_2999.JPG

In happier times, I'd often walk into the living room to see sunbathers like beloved angels Rani and Tarifa enjoying the patio view.

BellaBlue82

Sadie rules, Julian drools, my boys rule heaven ❤
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I have to say, we always thought about getting a cat tree but didn't for years because we didn't know where to put it!
We finally caved about 4 years back, found the 6 ft one on sale at Chewy for $30! (I'm such a frugal cat mom 🤣). The cats LOVE it... It has become our girl cats fortress of solitude.
20210312_165801.jpg

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
BellaBlue82 BellaBlue82 BIG props to you! I'm frugal, too, but that is a real DEAL and so nice! No wonder it's Sadie's favorite place.
IMG_2549.JPG

A blast from the past: I walked into the master bedroom and my beloved angel Rani was thinking about doing some journaling. Or sniffing the bouquet (from Michael's, so no satisfaction there)...:hearthrob:

heatherwillard0614

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Just came to the livingroom (was in the kitchen sweeping, washing dishes, and then just got finished mopping) and apparently she has had a rough day.. It's so hard being Gabby.
She has to do so much in a day. Relaxing, playing, eating/drinking/cleaning herself, cuddling/giving love, use the potty.. and she is konked out lol
I took this picture then I gave her a little pet like I always do.
Every time I pet her when she is asleep she will make a cute little trill sound and kind of roll into my hand without even opening her eyes. She definitely knows she is safe amd loved!!!

Attachments

BellaBlue82

Sadie rules, Julian drools, my boys rule heaven ❤
Alpha Cat
Purraise
My little monster (Julian) had some toofers pulled yesterday, and the rest cleaned. He was still a little dopey from anesthesia last night, but I think he's feeling better today!
I love how he pretends he does not want any of the turkey from my sandwich....
IMG_20230726_170209671.jpg

heatherwillard0614

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
heatherwillard0614 heatherwillard0614 Gabby is ONE relaxed cat! What a sweet sight and experience to have, when you walk into a room!
There's an Elvis dreaming in the corner. He protects the FiOS box and the weight bench :yess::redheartpump:
View attachment 455595
:heartshape:
She is definitely a very relaxed kitty unless she is in a playful mood then it's like she is on kitty Crack or something lol. Then whenever she is done playing with me she goes right back to being so mellow and relaxed.
Im just happy she is so comfortable and knows she is loved. With her background i thought she would have some trust issues but it isnt bad at all.. i absolutely love how when she sleeps and i pet her she turns into my hand and makes a little trill sound it is one of the cutest things in the world

Is Elvis laying on the FIOS box if so it is probably the heat that he likes lol
He looks comfy all curled up snoozing away 🙂🙂

Last edited:

heatherwillard0614

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My little monster (Julian) had some toofers pulled yesterday, and the rest cleaned. He was still a little dopey from anesthesia last night, but I think he's feeling better today!
I love how he pretends he does not want any of the turkey from my sandwich....
View attachment 455597
Awww Julian, I hope you feel better little cutie pie!!! And he knows he wants your turkey he just has to act like he doesn't lol

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She is definitely a very relaxed kitty unless she is in a playful mood then it's like she is on kitty Crack or something lol. Then whenever she is done playing with me she goes right back to being so mellow and relaxed.
Im just happy she is so comfortable and knows she is loved. With her background i thought she would have some trust issues but it isnt bad at all.. i absolutely love how when she sleeps and i pet her she turns into my hand and makes a little trill sound it is one of the cutest things in the world

Is Elvis laying on the FIOS box if so it is probably the heat that he likes lol
He looks comfy all curled up snoozing away 🙂🙂
The box is on the wall behind him. IDK why he's chosen this corner in the high-90sF heat we're having! *cats*

IMG_1974.JPG

This is a much more comfortable scene, I think -- I used to walk into the master bedroom and find Elvis curled on his "throne" looking very comfy and happy! :hearthrob: :hearthrob:

heatherwillard0614

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Awwww he looks so relaxed!!! Yes that one he looks very much more comfy lol
And I will never understand it Gabby lays in the window and it is in the upper 80s to mid 90s cats are insane lol..
It's funny when she gets too hot she will wake up do a little meow and just move one way or the other so she isn't right infront of the window usually right behind my head hahhaha
Like this... lol

Attachments

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Awwww he looks so relaxed!!! Yes that one he looks very much more comfy lol
And I will never understand it Gabby lays in the window and it is in the upper 80s to mid 90s cats are insane lol..
It's funny when she gets too hot she will wake up do a little meow and just move one way or the other so she isn't right infront of the window usually right behind my head hahhaha
Like this... lol
Elvis will jump onto my lap and lay down. A couple of minutes later he's too hot, so he jumps down. Visits the snack bar and sometimes comes right back. I love him SO much.
IMG_1988.JPG

I love walking into the master bedroom and seeing THIS. :heartshape:

catloverfromwayback

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have to say, we always thought about getting a cat tree but didn't for years because we didn't know where to put it!
We finally caved about 4 years back, found the 6 ft one on sale at Chewy for $30! (I'm such a frugal cat mom 🤣). The cats LOVE it... It has become our girl cats fortress of solitude. View attachment 455443
A 6' tree for $30 is a great bargain!!