When you walk into a room.....

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

heatherwillard0614

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 it is extremely hot here too.. that's why we usually give Gabby the door in the morning and night during the summer months. During winter she is a little out of luck unless it is a random nice day.. lol today actually isnt too bad.. it is only like 79° with a real feel of 90° so it isn't bad but still warm

BellaBlue82

Sadie rules, Julian drools, my boys rule heaven ❤
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Ugh, it's hot here too. We went from a beautiful balmy 68 with 30% humidity at the end of May to scorching nonstop 90's with humidity anywhere from 60-90%. 🥵 Early mornings and late evenings are the only time we have a chance to open up windows for our furry hunters.

heatherwillard0614

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I feel it for sure.. that is how it has been here.. and Gabby knows she can have it in the morning so right at like 520 she gets up and starts asking for the door lol it is so funny and cute.
Then later at night right before dark we let her have the door again until about midnight or so and if it is a nice night like last night we leave the door open all night for her

heatherwillard0614

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Walked in on her sitting like this taking a bath lol
Look at that toe spread!!!
I don't know why I love it when she spreads her little toes hahaha

Attachments

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
heatherwillard0614 heatherwillard0614 You're far from alone in that. :lolup: :loveeyes:
BellaBlue82 BellaBlue82 Yeah, it's that time of year for all of us in the so-called northern hemisphere (on a round planet, it's somewhat debatable).
We're lucky to have some doors I can keep open all night. I open them around dusk and close them when it starts heating up in the morning.
IMG_2458.JPG

*Same office, same hallway, and a bright-eyed Elvis at the other (closer) end of the long hallway*

heatherwillard0614

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Elvis looking back like
You're not sneaky trying to take my picture... I caught you lol

And I love leaving our front door open at night we have security cameras all around my house and they are connected to our alexa so if there is movement alexa makes an announcement once it was about 330 or so in the morning and it went off by the front open door... I woke up heard something on the porch... was a little worried someone was about to try to walk on in. It was 2 big fat opossums lol I gave them some cat food and after they ate they went on their merry little way lol

The worst part was I could have pulled up the footage but I panicked and went to investigate before someone would have had time to come in lol

Last edited:

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yeah, possums (possi?), raccoons, skunks, wombats (just kidding!) and sub rosa humans often prowl at night. Cats are known for being very vigilant. I've had several startled cats growl at the window when they sense/see/hear something unfamiliar.
IMG_2601.JPG

My bathroom is about the size of a postage stamp. So I walk in and what do I see??? :lolup:

heatherwillard0614

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
IMG_2601.JPG

My bathroom is about the size of a postage stamp. So I walk in and what do I see??? :lolup:
He is like this is my spot lol
We have opossums, skunks, groundhogs, raccoons, and the occasional neighbor cat.
The main animals that come around are the raccoons opossums and the groundhog (he is a fatty) and then of course we have your normal squirrels Rabbits birds etc...

Before we got Gabby spayed she was in heat and we had 3 different cats come up to our door but the cutest thing was this cute little gray guy he was missing an ear and he laid by the door with her all day (she was on her cat tree inside right at the door we put it there everyday for her lol) we gave him food and water while he was here.
I asked around to see if anyone knew him and I got to this one house and he came to the door and kinda squeezed past the lady and let me pet him

Attachments

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
He is like this is my spot lol
We have opossums, skunks, groundhogs, raccoons, and the occasional neighbor cat.
The main animals that come around are the raccoons opossums and the groundhog (he is a fatty) and then of course we have your normal squirrels Rabbits birds etc...

Before we got Gabby spayed she was in heat and we had 3 different cats come up to our door but the cutest thing was this cute little gray guy he was missing an ear and he laid by the door with her all day (she was on her cat tree inside right at the door we put it there everyday for her lol) we gave him food and water while he was here.
I asked around to see if anyone knew him and I got to this one house and he came to the door and kinda squeezed past the lady and let me pet him
AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW. Though I agree with "experts" in advocating for keeping cats indoors only, safe and healthy, I am glad this adorable(!) boy has a caregiver.
IMG_2083.JPG

...so I come into the office and prepare to sit down at the station and he's "You DO know I'M the CEO/COO/CFO here, right?":oops:

heatherwillard0614

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I agree keeping cats indoors for their safety and they have a healthier life in general... that being said i dont judge anyone who does let their cat out but i will let them know the benefits of indoor only and risks of outside.. I was concerned he didn't have a home and was so relieved when I found that he did. I let her know he was at my house outside and that I gave him a little food and water. She started trying to apologize about him being on my property and I interrupted her saying it was no problem at all I just wanted to let her know especially since I fed him..

He makes the best CEO/COO/CFO
I don't think anyone could do as good a job as Elvis lol you gotta ask him for a raise... this is kinda backwards.. him being ceo coo cfo and he gets all the treats and toys etc... but I guess you do have the best part his unconditional love. 😺 ❤

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I agree keeping cats indoors for their safety and they have a healthier life in general... that being said i dont judge anyone who does let their cat out but i will let them know the benefits of indoor only and risks of outside.. I was concerned he didn't have a home and was so relieved when I found that he did. I let her know he was at my house outside and that I gave him a little food and water. She started trying to apologize about him being on my property and I interrupted her saying it was no problem at all I just wanted to let her know especially since I fed him..

He makes the best CEO/COO/CFO
I don't think anyone could do as good a job as Elvis lol you gotta ask him for a raise... this is kinda backwards.. him being ceo coo cfo and he gets all the treats and toys etc... but I guess you do have the best part his unconditional love. 😺 ❤
Oh, I am more than richly compensated for being his gofer, caregiver, sounding board, heating pad on cold nights, and amanuensis. I consider it the greatest honor to serve him.
And not to put too fine a point on it, but after losing three of my loved ones as a direct result of their being outside, I will never waver from my position and yes, I do hold accountable those thoughtless, ignorant, callous or ? people who let their cats roam. No parent worth his/her title would let a toddler kid roam the streets unsupervised and then if something happened to it, claim to have no responsibility for the outcome. Cats are not toddlers, obviously, but they are classified as "domestic animals" and as such, they are under our care. We are responsible for their wellbeing, health, care, and ultimately, survival. And we are not doing our best job if we ignore any of these, for any reason. Believe me, I've heard 'em all.
IMG_1966 (5).JPG

Coming into the dining room from the kitchen and greeted by, "Yeah? I'm readin' the paper here.":insertevillaugh:

heatherwillard0614

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh, I am more than richly compensated for being his gofer, caregiver, sounding board, heating pad on cold nights, and amanuensis. I consider it the greatest honor to serve him.
And not to put too fine a point on it, but after losing three of my loved ones as a direct result of their being outside, I will never waver from my position and yes, I do hold accountable those thoughtless, ignorant, callous or ? people who let their cats roam. No parent worth his/her title would let a toddler kid roam the streets unsupervised and then if something happened to it, claim to have no responsibility for the outcome. Cats are not toddlers, obviously, but they are classified as "domestic animals" and as such, they are under our care. We are responsible for their wellbeing, health, care, and ultimately, survival. And we are not doing our best job if we ignore any of these, for any reason. Believe me, I've heard 'em all.View attachment 455282
Coming into the dining room from the kitchen and greeted by, "Yeah? I'm readin' the paper here.":insertevillaugh:
I actually see Gabby as my baby like you said we are responsible for their wellbeing, health, pretty much everything.. I agree with that 100 percent. I hate it when people let their cats outside because it has been proven that on average they have a shorter lifespan.
You can't control what happens to your cat when you let him/her outside without being there with kitty.
I really feel if kitty likes outside and you want to provide outside for kitty... then do so with a leash and harness go for a walk with your kitty.. or catio.. I can't express how mad I get when I see things about kitties being in fights with animals outside and people will offer plenty of advice on how to make kitty indoor or how to make the yard safe like catio and everything is just turned down.. that does get to me bad.. like you say that your cat is coming around with Wounds from fighting or something and everyone here is trying to help with great ideas so your cat can still be outside but safely.. and you don't want to hear it.. why did you even ask for help.....
Sorry for the rant.. I have seen that a few times and not just on here it is so sad.. think of kitty's best interest

And omgoodness it was winter and I got called into work because the roads were bad and I could walk in.. so I said yea I'd go in.. so I'm leaving my subdivision and I saw this tiny little toddler in only a diaper outside... I knocked on their door nothing.. I took my heavy coat off and wrapped this little child up called the police and waited for them to get there.. it was horrible. I was kind of glad that I got called into work because the parents weren't even home and the kid got locked out.. police took him with them idk whatever happened with that situation but I cried literally for the little tyke

catloverfromwayback

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yeah, possums (possi?), raccoons, skunks, wombats (just kidding!) and sub rosa humans often prowl at night. Cats are known for being very vigilant. I've had several startled cats growl at the window when they sense/see/hear something unfamiliar.
View attachment 455259
Hadji used to love sitting in the loo (separate room in that house)

3BA59872-F7DD-47EF-A2AF-253758561FF9.jpeg

catloverfromwayback

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
A fellow hyperacusic! This is a conundrum for me all during the hot season, which here in la-la land can run far longer than just 3 months and be far more severe than just "warm"...🥵
It's like that here, too! Not as bad in my part of the country as you get it in California, because it's not on the edge of desert and it's near the sea, but even southern Australian summers are vile as far as I'm concerned.

catloverfromwayback

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
And not to put too fine a point on it, but after losing three of my loved ones as a direct result of their being outside, I will never waver from my position and yes, I do hold accountable those thoughtless, ignorant, callous or ? people who let their cats roam. No parent worth his/her title would let a toddler kid roam the streets unsupervised and then if something happened to it, claim to have no responsibility for the outcome. Cats are not toddlers, obviously, but they are classified as "domestic animals" and as such, they are under our care. We are responsible for their wellbeing, health, care, and ultimately, survival. And we are not doing our best job if we ignore any of these, for any reason. Believe me, I've heard 'em all.View attachment 455282
Couldn't agree more!

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I actually see Gabby as my baby like you said we are responsible for their wellbeing, health, pretty much everything.. I agree with that 100 percent. I hate it when people let their cats outside because it has been proven that on average they have a shorter lifespan.
You can't control what happens to your cat when you let him/her outside without being there with kitty.
I really feel if kitty likes outside and you want to provide outside for kitty... then do so with a leash and harness go for a walk with your kitty.. or catio.. I can't express how mad I get when I see things about kitties being in fights with animals outside and people will offer plenty of advice on how to make kitty indoor or how to make the yard safe like catio and everything is just turned down.. that does get to me bad.. like you say that your cat is coming around with Wounds from fighting or something and everyone here is trying to help with great ideas so your cat can still be outside but safely.. and you don't want to hear it.. why did you even ask for help.....
Sorry for the rant.. I have seen that a few times and not just on here it is so sad.. think of kitty's best interest

And omgoodness it was winter and I got called into work because the roads were bad and I could walk in.. so I said yea I'd go in.. so I'm leaving my subdivision and I saw this tiny little toddler in only a diaper outside... I knocked on their door nothing.. I took my heavy coat off and wrapped this little child up called the police and waited for them to get there.. it was horrible. I was kind of glad that I got called into work because the parents weren't even home and the kid got locked out.. police took him with them idk whatever happened with that situation but I cried literally for the little tyke
Yeah. These days, I guess that's not all that unusual. I won't even start, but I could write a rather hefty book about how people are failing at everything, if only I had the time *and anyone cared to read it, which they wouldn't. Preaching to the choir ain't my thing. Those who really need to learn and apply what they learn wouldn't.*
:bawling:

heatherwillard0614

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yeah. These days, I guess that's not all that unusual. I won't even start, but I could write a rather hefty book about how people are failing at everything, if only I had the time *and anyone cared to read it, which they wouldn't. Preaching to the choir ain't my thing. Those who really need to learn and apply what they learn wouldn't.*
:bawling:
So true. It is so sad but anyway back to our precious fur babies I just walked in and she is on her new felt like tunnel which isn't that sturdy when she is standing on only one square area it kind of sags lol

Attachments