What's the Weather and Temperature like where you live ? - 2024

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Is anyone else in a major deep freeze right now?
Oh ya, we got hit pretty bad with heavy wet snow yesterday and temps going down tonight. Sunday through Tuesday it's supposed to be -1F and -30F with the windchill. Unfortunately the snow and ice make it more difficult to shovel and I think our garbage and recycling bins are permanently frozen to the ground.:eek2:

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
-10F when I woke up this morning and -33F with the windchill. My daughter called to tell me she has no heat in her apartment. Maintenance came up twice but said they can't fix it, will have to wait for the office to open tomorrow. That's insane. :yelling: I told her, "call the landlord!!!"

clpeters23

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
-10F when I woke up this morning and -33F with the windchill. My daughter called to tell me she has no heat in her apartment. Maintenance came up twice but said they can't fix it, will have to wait for the office to open tomorrow. That's insane. :yelling: I told her, "call the landlord!!!"
That's outrageous!

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
You would think maintenance has some space heaters they can let her use.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
That's outrageous!
I told her they can be reported to the city. Back when we were living in the city something similar happened and the landlord basically put it off so I contacted the city and they got in trouble. Of course we moved after that and a few more unpleased experiences with the landlord too.

dustydiamond1

Minion to Gypsy since October 2016
Top Cat
Purraise
-2°F with real feel-22°f. Upstairs toliet, tub & bathroom sink cold water are frozen. Hot water ok in both. Hot & cold water working in kitchen & basement. Have heater on pipe in basement and another in upstairs bathroom blowing on pipes in crawlspace opening. Made chili last nite, going to make tater soup now. Front door dead lock not wanting to work. I got plastic on all but 2 of large downstairs windows. Gypsy hibernating.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
-2°F with real feel-22°f. Upstairs toliet, tub & bathroom sink cold water are frozen. Hot water ok in both. Hot & cold water working in kitchen & basement. Have heater on pipe in basement and another in upstairs bathroom blowing on pipes in crawlspace opening. Made chili last nite, going to make tater soup now. Front door dead lock not wanting to work. I got plastic on all but 2 of large downstairs windows. Gypsy hibernating.
Do you have a heater you can run in that bathroom?