What's the Weather and Temperature like where you live ? - 2024

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
33F now and cloudy but with the snow on the ground it brightens things up.

Jem

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, we're supposed to get our first storm of the year starting Tuesday evening into Wednesday morning. Up to 30cm and 60 km winds. While we've been unusually lucky with winter so far, I'm still not looking forward to it...I hate big storms. It wouldn't be so bad if I could stay home and not have to go to work. :sigh:

vansX2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
23F now. The possible bad news is under a Severe Winter Weather Watch from 6pm Monday to 6am CST Wednesday.

Last edited:

bbdoll22

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Saturday night into Sunday we got 11 inches of snow. Tuesday afternoon into Wednesday morning we are supposed to get 2-3 inches of rain and winds with gusts 35-50mph. All this rain until of the snow melt and our already saturated ground from the December rains will lead to flooding.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
WE got a good 3 inches of snow, yesterday. Saturday night, it began as rain, continued as rain until about 1:30 pm on Sunday. The snow was wild, at times, really picking up after 3pm.. Then the wind changed direction: instead of being NortheEast it went South West -- the opposite direction!! It was wild.

Today I have to warm up the car, to melt some of the frozen base... not looking forward to this.. and clean around the car-- just enough to get in and out without sliding.. We are getting a huge rainstorm Tuesday night and all day Wednesday.

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It is 30 degrees right now here in NE, we have had exceptionally warm weather all winter until the end of this week. Highs in the single digits! Poor outside cats, they do have heated beds though. But me being me, I worry about all of them that don't have homes......:(
Waiting for the big blizzard, should hit in the next hour or so. 6-9 inches of snow and 50 mph winds. Yuck. And my husband just had shoulder surgery last week. No shoveling for him! It is up to me, wish me the strength to shovel us out and my 90 year old father law! I guess slow and easy!

vansX2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It is 30 degrees right now here in NE, we have had exceptionally warm weather all winter until the end of this week. Highs in the single digits! Poor outside cats, they do have heated beds though. But me being me, I worry about all of them that don't have homes......:(
Waiting for the big blizzard, should hit in the next hour or so. 6-9 inches of snow and 50 mph winds. Yuck. And my husband just had shoulder surgery last week. No shoveling for him! It is up to me, wish me the strength to shovel us out and my 90 year old father law! I guess slow and easy!
If you can afford To have a Snowplow service come. Do it as it will save your health. I pay a fellow $65.00 per time to plow my driveway and shovel my sidewalk .

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
33F and waiting for the impending snow they're predicting overnight into tomorrow. Cancelled our plans just in case.:crossfingers:

vansX2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
33F and waiting for the impending snow they're predicting overnight into tomorrow. Cancelled our plans just in case.:crossfingers:
DW is happy that her Work cancelled all shifts for tomorrow . As 40 mph winds are expected all day, plus the 5-9 inches.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Smart thing to do! It’s just not worth it, we were down to almost zero visibility with the blowing snow.
If you're like me and you grew up with cold winters, blizzards and a polar vortex you accept it and use common sense to stay safe. The only time I worried about driving in bad weather was when I was working full-time and prayed they would cancel school but usually they didn't unless the busses couldn't get through.

nurseangel

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Look at all that snow ❄ :redheartpump:

We are expecting a torrential rain storm tomorrow and we have to be out on it. They are calling for flooding not far from us, which makes me nervous.

kashmir64

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I was going to slightly whine about the inch and half of snow and 20° temp. But after reading everyone else's posts, I'm just going to shut up and be thankful that's all I have.

vansX2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I believe that the "Weather Guessers " goofed up their predictions as too the projected amounts. As of this time only 2 inches have arrived. And only a little more is likely.

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
They often do!!! Our huge blizzard turned out to be bad, but not as bad as they made it. The wind was SO bad it kept the roads and driveways pretty clear, 50 plus MPH. But driving had zero visibility. No idea how much snow we got, ditches are level, huge waist high drifts but the grass is still sticking up! So basically worthless for moisture, but only a few drifts to dig through. So all in all not too bad. I am more worried about the 4 days of arctic cold coming. HIGHS zero! better bring in extra firewood, check all outside cat huts, put some starw bales in front of their opening into garage. I might have to look for their electric bowl for their canned food and plug it in! Haven't had to use it the last few winters!

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
We are getting a huge rainstorm tonight and all day tomorrow, Wednesday.. After we had the snow storm on Sunday.. and they are predicting another heavy rain/snow storm for Saturday.. Yikes.. It seems as if we are in an 'every third day' storm pattern. I have not seen this for several years.. Was in 2015, when we had the "year of snow".... I hope it does not happened, again, this year..
Stocking up, just in case...