What's the weather and temperature like where you live?? - 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Mother Dragon Mother Dragon those pictures show horrific devastation and it's going to be a long time before people will get their lives back together. I'm so glad that you stayed safe throughout it all. :hugs:

It's really cooling down right now around here. Nights are getting down to low 50's and in some parts of PA, they're seeing upper 40's. Cool enough to need a comforter, but still OK to keep the windows open.

Muffin gets chilly during the night now and she'll come up and meow at me. That's my cue to lift the bedcovers up for her to crawl under. Then she'll circle around under and come back out to where just her nose is showing. And she cuddles tight against me. Last night Tabby came to bed and I swear she's looking for the electric blanket; she likes to lay on top of the blanket and knead until she falls asleep. She wasn't particularly amused when I lifted the comforter up and there was no blanket underneath.

We are to get showers and rain today, starting around 5:00 this afternoon and going pretty much way into Sunday. Monday is supposed to be nice, though, so we're happy about that.

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Honeybee on my lap, music playing in background
This morning was 41. Our furnace kicked on. We shut it off. Honeybee was snugg up against me. Its lovely weather and I love September and October. I can walk on break and not sweat too bad.

Its 35 in western NH. Omg! Every year we get snow around thanksgiving. This year i will pull the dirt out of my pots in October. Every year i forget.

Sunny today and 73 for high. Rain sunday. Not sure about Monday.

Im so glad you are ok mother dragon. Its very heartbreaking for what happened in Texas.

Mother Dragon

Cat slave
Top Cat
Purraise
What different worlds we live in. It hits 41 degrees in the dead of our winter, probably in January or February. Our nights are in the upper 79s right now. We've had a cool front come through so the highs are only in the upper 80s and low 90s. Thanksgiving here is usually in the mid-70s. For me, 41 degrees is NEVER lovely! It's just plain cold!

What runs the heater in your house? Natural gas? Electricity? Gerbils on treadmills?

Texas is tough. We'll recover as we always do. We've been so fortunate to have people and supplies coming from all over the US and even some foreign countries. It seems people put aside their differences in times of trouble.

The only thing that really dismays me is Trump's order to arrest any illegal aliens in the shelters. As if they aren't going through enough. Do they stay in the shelters and risk being deported or live in badly damaged houses, assuming the houses remain?

golondrina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Cloudy and calm with 25°C 77°F temperature although we are in the middle of the Winter season. "Seasons" have become just a word. Rain and storms announced for the weekend with similar temps.

I live in a 17 floors building and our central heating is provided by under floor radiant heating which means that we do not have individual radiators we can control ourselves. In order to get the heat up to the 17th floor the temperature is too high (30°C /86°F) for the apartments in the middle of the building. I live on a 6th floor. I cannot open the windows because of Cucumella's safety and also because I live in a very windy zone. I am forced to keep the air conditioning permanently on both in Summer and in Winter.

I have seen the terrible photos from Texas. I have no words to express my sadness. I lived 7 years in the USA and feel very close to the American people and my friends over there of which a couple with two children living in Texas are safe but their house was flooded up to 1m50 . Fortunately they have been received in the home of other friends better spared by the hurricane.

golondrina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Do we have any members from Asia, india, Nepal and Bangladesh in particular? Floods over there are horrible.
More than 40 million people have been affected by devastating floods and landslides in South Asia, UN humanitarian agencies have said.

Torrential monsoon rains have killed at least 1,200 people and left millions fleeing their homes in India, Bangladesh and Nepal over the last fortnight.

I'm surprised so little has been published about this dreadful tragedy.

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Honeybee on my lap, music playing in background
My furnace is run on kerosene because I don't have a basement. It can run on heating oil if the tank is in controlled environment.

Today i went in sun for 2 hours pulling weeds and water my poor butterfly bush which half of it has died. So far tons of bugs n butterflies. I squirted an annoying hornet because well I don't like them. Ha!

betsygee

Just what part of meow don't you understand.
Staff Member
Purraise
Weather is crazy here. It went from HOT on Saturday, 104ºF outside and 90º inside (no AC), to 67º and rain this morning!

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
warm today... maybe the last nice, summerish day for a while... fall is around the corner..

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's very hazy today. I was confused when I woke up and it looked cloudy, because the forecast said it's not supposed to rain today. But apparently it's hazy because of the wildfires out west.

golondrina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Cloudy and windy. 18°C 61°F

Worrying about those exposed to the passage of hurricane Irma. I know we have members in Florida but cannot remember which ones. I have a nephew and his family in the Dominican Republic and another nephew and his family as well as very dear friend living in Miami. Hoping lives will be safe.

kashmir64

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, the forecasters have said 0% chance of precipitation today. That must be why it's thundering, black and I just felt a drop when I was outside 30 seconds ago.

golondrina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Rainy wth sporadic ameliorations - 20°C Temperature still mild for the season.

Almost at the end of our Winter we haven't experienced any real cold temperatures. We had colder temps in Autumn. We wil see what Spring will bring, starting officially on the 21st september. :dunno:

Status
Not open for further replies.