What's something good that happened in the last 24 hours? - 2017

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
I got the tomatoes, string beans and peppers weeded. :)

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
He sounds like a nice guy. Anybody that likes bears is A-OK.

Muffy
:lol: When we were kids he'd take our bears we didn't play with anymore! :crazy: My Grandpa made a wooden doll cradle that they all sat in. :p

My kids and I made it to the grocery store much earlier than usual; so we are home much earlier than usual! :thumbsup:

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
:lol: When we were kids he'd take our bears we didn't play with anymore! :crazy: My Grandpa made a wooden doll cradle that they all sat in. :p

My kids and I made it to the grocery store much earlier than usual; so we are home much earlier than usual! :thumbsup:
LOL...I JUST noticed your signature. That's priceless!

I got a big box delivered from a dear friend today. It contains about 800 pages of text from a website we both used to belong to. We had kinda developed a little "virtual village" (all text, no graphics) there, with descriptions of businesses and houses, we "lived" in it, and talked with our neighbors...It was a lovely thing. Then the site's owner had a stroke and there wasn't anyone else who could take it over, and it went down. My friend, when she found out that the site would be no more, printed out the ENTIRE forum, and has made a copy and sent it to me! That little "village" was a huge part of my life for several years, and I'm thrilled to have it.

debbila

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Today I went to the store I found online to get Cocoon sunglasses. I posted about them a few days ago. I'm so glad I finally got them. The sun is so intense here. They are polarized and have an edge on the top and bottom that surrounds your eyes. The arms have a little lens to protect your side vision. They're scratch resistant and have a lifetime warranty against breaking. They can be worn over glasses or alone.
This is what they look like:

Purify-Fitover-Computer-Glasses-C405E-300x300.jpg

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
I have a stray male kitty who I feed. Last week I discovered an abscess on the back
of his ear, very huge, round and hard. I looked in his ear and all this gunk was there so I
cleaned it out. It smelled badly. I wiped out his ear the best I could and tried a little squeeze
to see if I could perhaps lance it but it was too hard. I slathered Neosporin on the outside and
inside of his ear. He cried a bit and took off and was gone for 2 days but when he came back
the abscess had drained. He has no hair on the ear but I am sure it will grow back.

When he came yesterday his ear didn't smell at all so he is ok!!:nurse:

debbila

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have a stray male kitty who I feed. Last week I discovered an abscess on the back
of his ear, very huge, round and hard. I looked in his ear and all this gunk was there so I
cleaned it out. It smelled badly. I wiped out his ear the best I could and tried a little squeeze
to see if I could perhaps lance it but it was too hard. I slathered Neosporin on the outside and
inside of his ear. He cried a bit and took off and was gone for 2 days but when he came back
the abscess had drained. He has no hair on the ear but I am sure it will grow back.

When he came yesterday his ear didn't smell at all so he is ok!!:nurse:
That was kind of you to take care of him. Apparently he didn't hold it against you that the squeezing on his ear hurt, because he came back to you. It certainly drained quickly! Good work nurse!

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you. My next task is getting him neutered. It took months for him to let me pet him
and I was surprised that he let me tend to his ear. I will take it slowly.

:bicolorcat: He looks a bit like this guy and I've named him Christopher.

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
I got a bit of unexpected money this month, and can get a few necessary items for my wardrobe when I go shopping tomorrow! HOW FUN IS THAT?

And a pretty new badge. ;).

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
I finally picked all the kale from the garden and made a bunch of soup for the freezer.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
The monthly shopping is done, I got two pairs of clam diggers, one in black and one in khaki (already had a dark denim), and several tanks and camis! AND I have money left over for a few books. Not a lot, but some!