What's something good that happened in the last 24 hours? - 2017

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I love that necklace! If I had been with you, I'd have gotten one, too! Yesterday I got to sit down and eat GRAPES! Last time I went to the store, they were out of them. Not a grape anywhere! But this time, there they were! I adore grapes. I got addicted to them when I was pregnant and found out that 3 or 4 chilled seedless green grapes would kill my morning sickness in no time flat.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
The charm was really inexpensive and I have plenty of chains at home so only paid for the charm. I find a lot of unique and inexpensive items at art fairs plus I'd rather support independent artists.

Grapes, I love them too. My favorite are the red seedless ones and I eat them almost every day in summer. I had no idea they're good for morning sickness but it's a little late for that now, lol.:wink:

Mamanyt1953

Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I formally met one of the neighbors from across the parking lot today. She is a very pleasant young lady, and I enjoyed talking with her.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
I had been having some difficulty breathing due to my asthma, but it seems to have worked itself out. :)

misty8723

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
One of the cats who has been at the rescue where I volunteer for a long time, who is older and a special needs cat, got adopted on Friday!!!!! I always get so happy and choked up when one of the long-timers get a forever home.

Mother Dragon

Cat slave
Top Cat
Purraise
I had been having some difficulty breathing due to my asthma, but it seems to have worked itself out. :)
We're getting a lot of dust from the Sahara Desert that's riding the wind all the way here. It looks a bit more cloudy and some people are having breathing problems. We get the same thing when they burn off the fields in Mexico. The smoke comes directly here and we can actually smell it.

Mamanyt1953

Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Nothing BAD has happened in the last 24 hours, which is always a good thing. OH, and my books came in, so I have new reading material! I'm on #8 of the Dulcie Schwartz mystery series by Clea Simons. REALLY enjoying it! And I have the first two books in one new series, and the first book of another! RICHES!

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
I got the front yard edged, weeded and trimmed. It's ready for mulch.

debbila

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
After searching many sites online, I finally found a store that has the sunglasses I like. They are Cocoon brand that fit over regular glasses, and surround them top, bottom, and sides. :compsurfing: :cool:

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
sounds interesting.. care to share??? for us people who wear glasses. Sometimes the Transition lenses are not dark enough..
After searching many sites online, I finally found a store that has the sunglasses I like. They are Cocoon brand that fit over regular glasses, and surround them top, bottom, and sides. :compsurfing: :cool:

debbila

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Cocoons - Professional Grade Fitovers

This is the site for the Cocoon sunglasses. Click on the Navigation drop down and you can get a list of stores near you that sell them. They're so good they have a lifetime guarantee! I'm replacing the pair I had for over eight years and recently lost.

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
There was an unexpected deposit into my checking account. :)

Mamanyt1953

Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I really think they have finally tracked down the issue with my internet connectivity, and are working to get the problem resolved. FINALLY! I couldn't even get online Wednesday, and only for a couple of minutes at a time yesterday!

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
AbbysMom AbbysMom Oh how nice! Was it a refund of some kind?
It was from my husband's old job. They had applied for a patent for something he did and the patent was approved and this was an "award". He had to go and backtrack through his last company's payroll statement system to figure it out. :lol:

debbila

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It was from my husband's old job. They had applied for a patent for something he did and the patent was approved and this was an "award". He had to go and backtrack through his last company's payroll statement system to figure it out. :lol:
I'm curious, why didn't your husband get a patent for it since it was something he did?

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
I'm curious, why didn't your husband get a patent for it since it was something he did?
He did it while working for the company so the patent is in their name, but he is listed on the patent as the creator. That's how these things go. :) It looks good on his resume.

Mamanyt1953

Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
LOL...I finally got around to taking my oscillating fans apart and cleaning the blades and grills. Put them back together, turned them on, and had to raise the thermostat two degrees! I was freezing! This will make a difference on the electric bill!

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
We got through my niece's bridal shower with no public family battles. :rolleyes2:

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
My 7 year old got to execute her plans for my Step-dad's birthday and it went over very well. :thumbsup: She took him to Panera and Build-a-Bear. :lol: Both of those places are an hour away from us. She was so listing all the things he likes a few weeks ago and came up with those. He does like Panera and he loves bears; both real and stuffed. :lol: We didn't tell him the plans; just that DD had planned it all. His smile said it all yesterday. :hearthrob: