What's something good that happened in the last 24 hours? - 2017

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
We got a few travel things squared away.

ileen

with Luciano since 12/5/16
Super Cat
Purraise
Saw Guardians of the Galaxy Volume 2 last night & it's so fun. Great use of CGI & other computer tricks and worth seeing in 3D.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I baked a cake, and it came out REALLY well! Now, must not eat it all in the next 2 days!

Mamanyt1953

Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Just a yellow cake with chocolate frosting. That's what I had the ingredients for on hand.

Mamanyt1953

Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Next time I do a chocolate cheesecake, I'll let you know!

First, there was a something VERY bad today...I called to check my exact bank balance before going to the store, expecting one amount, and instead of a small balance, there was a rather large overdraft! PANIC MODE...online to the bank site, found an unauthorized charge! Two phone calls later and all is well. The money will be replaced, the overdraft charges removed, and I will have a new debit card. So that's good. It'll take about 10 days, but it will get done. But the REALLY GOOD thing is that the neighbor who was going to take me to the store called me a few minutes ago and told me that he got an extra $20 out of the bank and would hold it in case I needed anything before the account is straightened out! HOW NICE WAS THAT????

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
That's fantastic news and remember, it "pays" be be neighborly. :wink:

dalpaengi

A cat snail enthusiast
Young Cat
Purraise
I'm happy today because I'm able to adopt a cat. I still live with my parents and tbh they aren't really cat people but they've been pleased with how much I've been helping keep the house in order so they agreed to allow me to introduce a new family member. It's been a while since I've been this content about something.

Mamanyt1953

Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
The original charge that caused the overdraft is in the process of being removed, and the charges will be removed once that is completed! This is happening MUCH faster than I anticipated! Good bank!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
It's not the last 24 hours, but the last week. We've been on such a roller coaster the past month and a half. My husband accepted a job offer on Monday and quite a few things have happened this week that justifies his decision to leave his current company.

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
I finally got my winter clothes stored away and my summer clothes ironed (a very rare occurrence) and in the closet.

Mamanyt1953

Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I actually slept a full NINE hours! For the past several days, I've been doing the whole broken-sleep-groggy-all-day thing, but last night I SLEPT! Like a brick.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
My daughter took me to see My Fair Lady at the Lyric Opera House today in honor of Mother's Day. I've always liked going to the Lyric but ever since Renee Fleming was appointed Creative Consultant I like it even more. :biggrin:

Mamanyt1953

Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I actually got some of my plaques and pictures hung in the bedroom! I moved into this apartment from the old one MONTHS ago, and "keep meaning to do it." Well, now I have! The bedroom looks MUCH friendlier now!

arouetta

Slave of Bastet's acolytes
Top Cat
Purraise
I used my new deep fryer for the first time today. On one hand, I'm wondering how I lived without so long because the food was so good. On the other hand I found out that fried fish and french fries aren't all that bad calorie-wise, even when I took the amount of oil used into account. Good news all the way around.

ileen

with Luciano since 12/5/16
Super Cat
Purraise
I was in Mexico last month & brought home a lot of beautiful shells, mostly very tiny. I finally got around to starting to prepare them for crafting yesterday. They're all oiled & ready to go. Next step is adhering them to wooden picture frames. The photos are on their way from Shutterfly. While I was in Mexico, I visited a cat sanctuary & took some photos you can see here. pix.sfly.com/ZNco0NRn

Mamanyt1953

Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
LOVE those pictures!
Just checked my bank account, ALL monies are back in the account. All I have to do now is pick up the new debit card when I shop on Sunday (24/7 banking is WONDERFUL!). I even think I'll have extra money this month. If I do, I'm getting the area rug, comforter, sheers and drape fabric for the front room!

arouetta

Slave of Bastet's acolytes
Top Cat
Purraise
I ended the day having consumed less than 1000 calories and I "exercised" through one of my marathon grocery runs so I really had a calorie deficit. Junk food binge!!!!

amysuen

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Our 18 yr old who was mad we wouldn't let him go to Six Flags the day before his trip to Germany started talking to us again after the longest 48 hours of my life. I cried...