What's something good that happened in the last 24 hours? - 2017

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
DH and I went to our favorite animal shelter to donate all the sample cat food we collected while trying to transition Carleton to new food. Of course we couldn't resist stopping in to see the cats, (and dogs), up for adoption too. :wink:

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Warm and raining today. This is good because as soon as my TCS posts are done, I'm going to NAP!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
I got almost the whole asparagus patch cleaned out. It's a huge job, so I'm glad it is just about done.

Mamanyt1953

Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
The third bookcase has arrived! I'll get it put together today or tomorrow, and the last of the books will be off of the floor. As soon as I have 3 more, I can actually start organizing the books properly!

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
Yesterday was one of those days that everything I did went wrong. I had to make some phone calls, etc. to get things straightened out, but most of them are now. :)

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
Yesterday was one of those days that everything I did went wrong. I had to make some phone calls, etc. to get things straightened out, but most of them are now. :)
Oh, I hate those kind of days... when everything you touch or do goes wrong..
Hopefully today will be better....

Mamanyt1953

Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Still just looking at the box with the bookcase in it because an order of books came in and I HAD to start the next Joe Grey! The books, of course, being the good thing!

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
I have been feeding a stray black and white cat for a few months now. My girls have
finally accepted him and Vincie girl has a crush on him. About a month ago he finally
let me pet him! He will hang out on the deck with the girls but is still not comfortable
with me sitting there. He didn't come around for a few days and I got concerned.
When he finally came back about four days ago he was limping. His right front foot
was hurting him and he held it up. I wanted to wrap it but he wouldn't let me touch it.
I gave him 2 cans of Fancy Feast and he devoured it. He came back that night for
more and this continued for about three days.

When he came this morning the foot looked better and he didn't seem to be
in as much pain. He ate one can of Fancy Feast and a half can of 9 Lives and
the dry food I usually give him.

He needs to be neutered. I am not certain if he is a stray or just likes my girls.
The first time I saw him was last fall and he had been in a fight and got the worse
end of it.

I am so happy he is on the mend. :jump:

Mamanyt1953

Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Another book got here, as well as a pair of earrings (NOT in the same box, BTW). I order books a LOT from Thriftbooks, and they ship from all over the country. Sometimes 3 books come from 3 different places!

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
I saw the first hummingbird of the season at my feeder this morning. :D

ileen

with Luciano since 12/5/16
Super Cat
Purraise
I woke up to my alarm this morning sleeping on my right side. Luciano was curled up near my chest also on his right side. This is the first time he's not been at the foot of the bed or near my knees (most of the time he's not on the bed at all). He didn't move & I was able to scratch & pet him for close to 10 minutes before I had to get up. He even let me scratch his chest & his belly a bit & didn't take a swipe or anything. The way the other pillows were set, it was like he had a little compartment there to fit into.
I won't count on this happening regularly, but it was so nice this morning. If I didn't have to get up for work, I would have stayed there longer. I'm wondering if it was because it was a bit chilly this morning & I had the windows open overnight, but I'll take what I can get.

cheeser

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Someone finished cooking for me so I could take care of something, and did the dishes, too! :biggrin:

Mamanyt1953

Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hasn't happened yet, but at some point today, the crushed voile sheers I ordered to go behind my living room drapes will be delivered. The new rod should be here tomorrow! I can't wait to be able to raise my blinds all the way during the day without the neighbors being able to look in as they walk by!

Graceful-Lily

Extraterrestrial Being
Top Cat
Purraise
My puppy needed to socialize since she was taken too early and I don't want her to turn into one of those small yappy annoying dogs. There is a mall close by that allows small dogs so I figured it would be the perfect place. My mom, my sister and my 2 nephew's met up there. She was hyper at first but everything went really well! People were so excited to see a little puppy. Everyone wanted to touch her, especially the kids. It was a great socializing opportunity and I'm so proud of her for being so gentle with everyone. I can't wait to take her back!

Mamanyt1953

Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Waiting on those rods...Looking forward to hanging the sheers! AND...going offline now to put that dratted bookcase together!

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
It looks like something my husband and I have been dealing with for well over a month may be almost over. :crossfingers:

Mamanyt1953

Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
The bookcase is assembled, the sheers are hung behind the drapes, and all that is left to do is haul out packing boxes!