What's something good that happened in the last 24 hours? - 2017

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
Our new roof (terracotta tiles) is finished! The guys still have to do the garages and attach the rain spouts, so it'll be noisy early next week, too. We're getting nocturnal visitors on the scaffolding - raccoons!

My husband started painting the house yesterday, and the color (butter cream) is just how we envisioned it.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
I am going to mention 2 things, because I am 'special'... :paperbag:

The first thing is that my Bose Dock is repaired! I was notified that it is being returned to me!

The second thing is me getting a pedicure.. felt so good; looks so pretty. It is funny, but I always pick the same shades of polish..

other than that...:running: :bunny::bunny::bunny: :lovecat2: :winkcat:

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I got my kitchen, dining room and living room mopped and waxed, and stenciled my dining room area rug!

JamesCalifornia

Mr.Mom to a house of cats 😇😼
Top Cat
Purraise
I got my kitchen, dining room and living room mopped and waxed, and stenciled my dining room area rug!
~ Wow - you did a lot !

I got a great deal on Peets Coffee at the market ; Dr. called with good test results at last check-up ;
had a nice sleep last few nights ; changed out 2 litter box ; no pee pee on the window this morning .

JamesCalifornia

Top Cat
Purraise
Our new roof (terracotta tiles) is finished! The guys still have to do the garages and attach the rain spouts, so it'll be noisy early next week, too. We're getting nocturnal visitors on the scaffolding - raccoons!

My husband started painting the house yesterday, and the color (butter cream) is just how we envisioned it.
~ Sounds like a big project. The tile roof must look nice! Can you post some photos when you have time ? I too planning to paint and not sure of the colors. I am restoring an old house . I'm calling it 'House of Cats ' :bigeyes: ( I live there also )
All the best !

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
JamesCalifornia JamesCalifornia
I haven't taken any photos yet because only the back and one side are painted, but you can't see the roof from there. I'll have to take some photos from different angles - once it stops raining!

Our town, like many in the area, dates back to the Middle Ages and is far enough from the city to have escaped WWII bombing. In order to preserve a uniform look, only variations of brown, red, or (now) gray are allowed for roofs. The house is almost 60 years old, and every building in this part of town is from the post-war period.. I wanted the overhang extended so that the balconies were more protected, but we weren't given a permit, again because it would disturb the "look" of the town!

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
i made stuffed peppers (very large batch) today and had quite a bit extra of the meat mixture filling, so i formed it into a loaf, baked it, and now have a very nice meatloaf -- which i'll use for meatloaf sandwiches! i had been thinking about meatloaf lately, and meatloaf sandwiches. :yummy:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
I went to the dentist yesterday for a cleaning and had no issues and don't have to go back for six months. :D

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
My doctor's office called yesterday morning because they wanted to see me right away to go over a medical test I had last week. I figured I was dying. Thankfully it wasn't too bad. :)

margecat

Mentor
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
All of my dinner special, except 1 serving, sold last night. I also made (non-churned) strawberry ice cream for the first time, and sold every serving, and had to turn down 6 people. I got feedback saying that they raved over it! I used to have an electric ice cream churn, but it was a pain (and expensive) to use. This recipe only has heavy cream and fresh fruit. I wanted to bring the idea of fresh, hand-made ice cream for the summer months into the menu. It was fun to make, so I will be making up a few recipes (blueberry cheesecake? Raspberry? Peach?) soon. The night stared out slowly, and I at first, thought no one wanted it. Once someone tried, it, it went crazy, so I was elated! :yummy:

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Well...this isn't good, but my friend, Krys, who was here from Pennsylvania left to go home. The GOOD part was that we had two wonderful days, and made plans for her next trip down. It's one of those wonderful internet friendships that translated without a hitch to real-life. I have a feeling my friendships here would do just as well. OH...and Hekitty was very pleased to be out of the guestroom and back in our own bed last night! I give company the master bedroom simply because my computer and books all live in the "guest" room. The daybed doesn't give Ms. H. Renee quite the sprawl space that she deems due her.

JamesCalifornia

Top Cat
Purraise
~ I had a very bad week ... Good thing is that it's over along with the stress . Yesterday and today were nice . Even the cat's are behaving ! :catrub: