What's one positive thing you can say about the last 24 hours of your life?

Status
Not open for further replies.

andrya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
^ Some great positives going on 

l'm thankful that my job is still here in Canada and hasn't (yet) been moved to Asia like so many others from this province recently. l've been called in to do overtime today, and l'm going in happily. l'll just have to make cat food when l get home tonight.

catlover19

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
l'm thankful that my job is still here in Canada and hasn't (yet) been moved to Asia like so many others from this province recently. l've been called in to do overtime today, and l'm going in happily. l'll just have to make cat food when l get home tonight.
There's been so much of that lately. I hope yours doesn't get moved. 

Last edited:

peaches08

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm thankful that this thing going on with my throat does not look like thyroid cancer (my mom had cancer at my age, but I don't know what kind). I'm going to have some tests done to better pinpoint what's all going on.

I'm thankful that my cats are healthy, my bills are current, and I have friends that care about me.

barbh

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I am grateful to have a warm home. Currently it is 1°F right now and feels like it is -11° out. Happy that my cats and myself are bundled up nice and warm inside.

happybird

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I had a lovely chat with my Mom on the phone. I miss her and it was great to talk about silly, unimportant things like we used to when I was a teenager.

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Just moved into my new apartment over the weekend & its major prayer being answered with what it took to pull off... was a delay of a week moving in due to a utilities issue, but at long last, its all coming together!
This is pretty scary considering leaving abusive hubby is costing me a large lump of lost income, but the Lord has opened every door to see it possible. I can't imagine how I'd of come this far, it if Jesus didn't hold me in His hands! :)
I'm so pleased. How did everything go?

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I had an amazing day, there was no "one" positive thing about it. I went to tapings of 2 TV shows today and left with well over $1,000 worth of stuff for free. http://www.marilyn.ca/Holiday/segments/Daily/December2013/12_6_2013/WomenGift That is all the stuff I got, aside from the jacket which was a $100 gift card instead. They also gave us a bunch of beauty products. The second TV show gave us a goodie bag of Revlon makeup and nail polish. I also got 4 free pillows from vouchers I had that were good this weekend only, my 2 orders from Shop.ca using the free gift codes came in (almost $50 worth of stuff cost me $1.54), I found out I won a Play Dough set worth $30 and I received an email for a job interview on Monday. :clap:
You are going to have to tell me everything you got in both shows as it won't show me on my phone.

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
It only took about 10 minutes to get my international driver's license renewed - I was third in line at the DMV.

catlover19

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You are going to have to tell me everything you got in both shows as it won't show me on my phone.
Blundstone boots (value $190), necklace and 2 bracelets ($48), $100 gift card to Winners (it's a store that sells clothes, shoes, toys etc), a lipstick ($23), a steamer ($50), a dress ($138), a purse ($40), an iPhone 5 case ($40), Clarisonic Plus cleansing system (it's a face wash thing) ($259), pearl earrings ($150), chocolate cupcake bath set ($8), 2 hand creams (one $10 and one $8), eye shadow ($5), eye shadow an lip gloss set ($10), a nail file ($6) and a gift bag full of Revlon makeup and nail products. 
 The second show also had the actress Evangeline Lilly from The Hobbit. 

peaches08

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Fall semester is finally over! My grades are good and now I can rest a bit.

laralove

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Fall semester is finally over! My grades are good and now I can rest a bit.
That's the exact same thing I came to post! And this semester was SO BRUTAL! I am so glad it's over. 

But to pick one good thing, my last final was today. Intro to computer programming at 8am. I was worried, but I'm pretty sure I snatched the deed to that test, because I totally owned it!

peaches08

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That's the exact same thing I came to post! And this semester was SO BRUTAL! I am so glad it's over. 

But to pick one good thing, my last final was today. Intro to computer programming at 8am. I was worried, but I'm pretty sure I snatched the deed to that test, because I totally owned it!
Brutal it was! My last final was at 8 am too. My medical-surgical course (nursing) was pretty tough. Thankfully our instructors were very helpful and I feel much better overall on test-taking in nursing.

laralove

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This professor and her TAs (well, one of them at least) for the computer programming course were great. Can't be said for all of my professors, though. I'm a psychology major, and the professor I had for my statistical principles in psychological research course... there are no kind words about her teaching or course design. And my TA, bless his heart. He tried. Not ready for such an intense course. I think I'm going to manage an A in that course, but the final was unreal and the amount of work I had to put into the class. I should have gotten a hefty paycheck and benefits!

Last edited:

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This professor and her TAs (well, one of them at least) for the computer programming course were great. Can't be said for all of my professors, though. I'm a psychology major, and the professor I had for my statistical principles in psychological research course... there are no kind words about her teaching or course design. And my TA, bless his heart. He tried. Not ready for such an intense course. I think I'm going to manage an A in that course, but the final was unreal and the amount of work I had to put into the class. I should have gotten a hefty paycheck and benefits!
That reminds me of 2 English teachers I had 50 years ago. English language and English literature. I scraped through which the language teacher hastened to point out and the literature teacher said a pass is s pass when I said I only just passed.

Status
Not open for further replies.