What's one positive thing you can say about the last 24 hours of your life?

Status
Not open for further replies.

andrya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We finally found a new rental! It has much more space and it is located out in the country. We made the agreement today and will move in the last week of December. I wish we could move now, but I don't want to leave our current landlord in a financial lurch. The place is vacant, so we can gradually move our stuff over and clean all month before actually moving in. I think we are just going to eat the last week's worth of rent on the current place so we can move before Christmas.

Oh, I cannot wait to leave the horrible place we have been in for the last 6 months! And there are huge, low windows overlooking the woods that are perfect for the cats. This calls for a happy banana dance...

Congratulations! That sounds perfect.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise

I went to my local organic food store and found out I'd won their monthly $100 store voucher!
Now how cool is that? Congrats!
We finally found a new rental! It has much more space and it is located out in the country. We made the agreement today and will move in the last week of December. I wish we could move now, but I don't want to leave our current landlord in a financial lurch. The place is vacant, so we can gradually move our stuff over and clean all month before actually moving in. I think we are just going to eat the last week's worth of rent on the current place so we can move before Christmas.

Oh, I cannot wait to leave the horrible place we have been in for the last 6 months! And there are huge, low windows overlooking the woods that are perfect for the cats. This calls for a happy banana dance...

Congratulations on your new home, happybird! That's great news!

The contractor was here yesterday and he seems to think the new fridge will fit into the opening with no problem. It's going to be a tight fit, but it will fit. And he said if it doesn't fit properly, he'll come in and plane that edge....for free. That's how confident he is that the fridge will fit.

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
I went to my local organic food store and found out I'd won their monthly $100 store voucher! :clap:
That was a really pleasant surprise!

I put up a few Christmas decorations this morning and managed to save our little Advent tree from Mogli in the nick of time. It had been on the end table for under five minutes when he started chewing it.

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I had whisky and blighty on my lap at different times. That's the highlight of the day for me.

catlover19

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I just ordered my daughter a pots and pans set to go with her play kitchen and a sticker book...and it didn't cost me anything. Shop.ca has been releasing free gift card codes and I had $35 free on my account. I used $8 last week to get myself a book I've been wanting and just used $25 on my daughter. 

missmycat

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Got to watch a TV show with my husband last night without falling asleep half way through. :)

blueyedgirl5946

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Got to watch a TV show with my husband last night without falling asleep half way through. :)
You have the same problem I do. :lol3: I bought my daughter's Christmas present. I really have go to get in the mood and get it done.:nod:

Last edited:

missmycat

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
You have the same problem I do. :lol3: I bought my daughter's Christmas present. I really have go to get in the mood and get it done.:nod:
I know Christmas is soon but still I am slow on getting the presents for my kids. Maybe tomorrow. :)

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I had whisky and blighty on my lap at different times. That's the highlight of the day for me.
MY highlight is like last night when BOTH cats tried to get on my lap! They are ever so careful to never touch the other, and always curl up facing away from each other (pretending the other isn't there). The high light today is that it is supposed to be 70 degrees here today, in December! But the downer is hearing a high of 19 degrees later this week! I better spend time outside today!

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
MY highlight is like last night when BOTH cats tried to get on my lap! They are ever so careful to never touch the other, and always curl up facing away from each other (pretending the other isn't there). The high light today is that it is supposed to be 70 degrees here today, in December! But the downer is hearing a high of 19 degrees later this week! I better spend time outside today!
Two days ago I did have both of them on my lap. Blighty esd with me and whisky was looking at both of us. After about ten minutes he came to join us and they lay entwined. They love each other so much. They're not siblings. Whisky came first about 8 months and blighty came 2 months later about 2 months. Once blighty stopped hiding from him that was it. Whisky started to wash him and hasn't stopped since and blighty washes him. I hope it stays like that. Shame your two don't like each other.

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think my two are too different, one is 13, sweet, even tempered and lazy, the other is 5, high strung, and constantly on the move. He's also kind of a 'bully'. They DO wash each other, but even then it becomes too much for one of them and they get into a fight unless one of them backs off. The young one, Casper, will beat up poor old Burt if he's not allowed outside and we have to monitor his moods. They've been together for 41/2 years. For the most part they get along pretty well, it's just when Casper gets excited that all you know what breaks loose! I suppose it's all the siamese in him. He even bites my husbands toes in the morning when he wants to go out and we think it's too early!

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think my two are too different, one is 13, sweet, even tempered and lazy, the other is 5, high strung, and constantly on the move. He's also kind of a 'bully'. They DO wash each other, but even then it becomes too much for one of them and they get into a fight unless one of them backs off. The young one, Casper, will beat up poor old Burt if he's not allowed outside and we have to monitor his moods. They've been together for 41/2 years. For the most part they get along pretty well, it's just when Casper gets excited that all you know what breaks loose! I suppose it's all the siamese in him. He even bites my husbands toes in the morning when he wants to go out and we think it's too early!
It's amazing. Neither of them bite or scratch me. Whisky s an abandoned cat and blighty came straight from the street.
He's not old poor baby. He's getting old. Just like me :sigh:

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I just ordered my daughter a pots and pans set to go with her play kitchen and a sticker book...and it didn't cost me anything. Shop.ca has been releasing free gift card codes and I had $35 free on my account. I used $8 last week to get myself a book I've been wanting and just used $25 on my daughter. 
She'll love that. When my 40 year old was 3 I bought her an enormous teaset for her with vouchers my dad had saved from getting petrol. She used it for years. Her brother used to build her an oven from lego. From 40 years ago.

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well I've had a bad headache all day so I suppose that means I'm alive.
:party2:

mani

Moderator and fervent feline fan
Staff Member
Purraise

My daughter is 15 months today. Today, that's a positive because she is doing everything other 15 month old's are doing, despite being born at 29 weeks. 
That truly is wonderful! 

Happy 15months birthday to her.

Status
Not open for further replies.