What's one positive thing you can say about the last 24 hours of your life?

Status
Not open for further replies.

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
There is so much gloom and doom out in the world right now that many people are focusing on the negative and not the positives. So let's think about the positives for a minute. What's one positive thing that's happened to you in the past 24 hours?

For me, I maintained my weight loss. :woo:

Last edited:

blueyedgirl5946

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I was able to get out of bed, put my feet on the floor, and not have pain anywhere. I am blessed with good health.

gardenandcats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My 6 year old granddaughter spent the night had a great time and got her to school on time

betsygee

Just what part of meow don't you understand.
Staff Member
Purraise
I got to take a walk on the beach yesterday evening.  The vastness of that big old ocean reminds me to keep things in perspective--my little traumas and dramas are not all that bad in the big scheme of things....

Very nice idea for a thread, by the way!  

luvmyparker

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I ate in a restaurant for the first time in two years. (I have an eating disorder, so it was a big deal for me.)

catlover19

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I went to Walmart and the price of the baby wipes I was buying came up at $16.97 but they should have been $13.83. Because of the scanning code of practice (get item free or $10 off if item is over $10), I got a box of 504 baby wipes for $3.83. That's a positive to me be because I am not currently working and trying to save money where I can so saving $10 is great.

christinemarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I was able to get out of bed, put my feet on the floor, and not have pain anywhere. I am blessed with good health.
Hey I'll second that observation for me, too! :D

And one positive thing for me was last night I walked into a thrift store 10 min. before they closed, & still found 2 cute blouses I can use for work, & only spent $5 for the both of them. Now THAT made my day!

christinemarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I got to take a walk on the beach yesterday evening.  The vastness of that big old ocean reminds me to keep things in perspective--my little traumas and dramas are not all that bad in the big scheme of things....

Very nice idea for a thread, by the way!  :)
What beautiful ocean scene! Where do you live to see such a lovely view?

peaches08

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You're right Abbysmom. The government shutdown is scaring a lot of us in my area (FLETC is headquartered here), so it's important to see what we do have!

Today I managed to reserve a seat for a course outside of nursing school; I'm a month past the deadline and the student that organized this only puts a post on Facebook. I don't have Facebook so I never got the message. But I got it handled anyway. Yay!

I'm in good health, my cats are in excellent health, I have food to eat and they get their wonderful homemade raw, my vehicles are paid for, my bills are current...I have a lot to be thankful for.

Last edited:

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
It would be really hard to cut it down to one thing.  My grown children are healthy and self-supporting.  My grandchildren are healthy.  I am 57 so I am starting to feel my age a little but no health problems.  I am working from home and getting a paycheck every two weeks.  Kitties are 10 years old and doing well, one has a chronic health issue but it is well controlled.  All the bills are paid up and it's a beautiful fall day.

catdavidlouis

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I didn't cry.
I originally thought this was kind of a humorous reply, Stewball, and I chuckled. Then I realized that  in your region of the world, fear and sadness are all too common place. And crying, perhaps, isn't such a rare thing at all.  So my prayers are out to you and yours.

As for me, its a positive thing that my wife's recent check-up  has shown that her MS has progressed very slowly over the past several years. And maybe, just maybe, significant advances in fighting this disease are not far off.   We also found out my son's football injury, received last Saturday, is less serious than originally thought.

So, positive vibes out to everyone here on TCS!  

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

I originally thought this was kind of a humorous reply, Stewball, and I chuckled. Then I realized that  in your region of the world, fear and sadness are all too common place. And crying, perhaps, isn't such a rare thing at all.  So my prayers are out to you and yours.

As for me, its a positive thing that my wife's recent check-up  has shown that her MS has progressed very slowly over the past several years. And maybe, just maybe, significant advances in fighting this disease are not far off.   We also found out my son's football injury, received last Saturday, is less serious than originally thought.

So, positive vibes out to everyone here on TCS!  
I didn't cry.
It wasn't until after the latest reply that I realized where you live.  I kind of scratched my head with your reply until I seen where you are from.  I get it now.  

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Rosiemac. A pay rise. Wow that's really good. I hope it was a good rise. Many years ago, maybe even before you were born, I bravely asked my boss for a rise. He gave me a 5 shilling rise! How much is that in today's world

djoe

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
My foster kitties were neutered/spayed yesterday (over 24 hours ago) but in the past 2r hours, I am so glad to see tthem recovering fast!

Status
Not open for further replies.