What's one positive thing you can say about the last 24 hours of your life?

Status
Not open for further replies.

laralove

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That reminds me of 2 English teachers I had 50 years ago. English language and English literature. I scraped through which the language teacher hastened to point out and the literature teacher said a pass is s pass when I said I only just passed.
It's an interesting situation for me. I went to community college and got straight A's, then transferred to a very prestigious public university and A's are like leprechauns here. Students in the maths and sciences celebrate scraping by. That calls for throwing a party at the end of the semester!

But I honestly believe if I was a traditional student, I'd be able to pull off a GPA very close to perfect. It's a different story when you've got two kids, a long commute, and life happening in the background! And a silly kitty distracting you from your studies, or sitting in your lap thus preventing the laptop from being there. XD

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My son, DiL and 3 grandchildren came to see how I was doing as this old lady fell over in the street and badly sprained my left wrist. St least I'm lucky I have somebody to cut my meals for me.

laralove

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh, I hope you heal up quickly. My mom fell and dislocated her shoulder a few weeks ago, and she's REALLY struggling. My sister and I keep offering to help her, but she's very stubborn and intent on remaining independent. 

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
My son, DiL and 3 grandchildren came to see how I was doing as this old lady fell over in the street and badly sprained my left wrist. St least I'm lucky I have somebody to cut my meals for me.
Stewball, I'm so sorry about your fall and about your wrist! I hope it heals OK and you have no trouble with it. I'm really glad you're OK. 

I was able to start my Fringe marathon last night.... 

Last edited:

mani

Moderator and fervent feline fan
Staff Member
Purraise
So sorry, Stewball.  I hope you're right-handed?

There are parrots in my flowering gum. My garden is always a positive thing in my life. 

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Stewball, I'm so sorry about your fall and about your wrist! I hope it heals OK and you have no trouble with it. I'm really glad you're OK. :hugs:  

I was able to start my Fringe marathon last night.... :clap:  
I'm fine. Just some pain and I can't use my left hand yet but it's getting better. Today I even managed to put the top back on the toothpaste.
What marathon?

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh, I hope you heal up quickly. My mom fell and dislocated her shoulder a few weeks ago, and she's REALLY struggling. My sister and I keep offering to help her, but she's very stubborn and intent on remaining independent. 
Your poor mum. How old is she?
It's healing. I can do more with it now.

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Stewball, I'm so sorry about your fall and about your wrist! I hope it heals OK and you have no trouble with it. I'm really glad you're OK. :hugs:  

I was able to start my Fringe marathon last night.... :clap:  
Fringe started off ok but somewhere in the 3rd season? They seemed to lose the plot and got really weird. I stopped watching it eventually.

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So sorry, Stewball.  I hope you're right-handed?

There are parrots in my flowering gum. My garden is always a positive thing in my life.  :)

Yes. I'm right handed. Everything is so ordinary with me. Right handed. Brown eyes. Normal height and shoe size. I'm soooo boring.

peaches08

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Those pics are so amazing, Mani! I wish I had a beautiful garden and interesting visitors.

I'm thankful to have done a great job on my clinical rotation and my instructor even commented that she would be glad to have me as her nurse for her or her loved ones. I really appreciated that comment, especially since it goes into my permanent file!

christinemarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Gorgeous pictures! I'm a big bird fan- particularly the parrot species. We have a Quaker & a Green Cheek Conure. They both talk... saying "How ya doing?" & "How are you?" when I walk in the room. If one gets nippy, the other one scolds "NO BITE!!" :D
For some reason, I can't get their pictures to upload...

peaches08

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Today my phone wouldn't charge, thankfully it was just because of a cheap charger. Then my desktop wouldn't turn on. Thank goodness it was just a bad power supply and repaired cheaply. I'm so thankful to not have to spend a bunch of money!

mani

Moderator and fervent feline fan
Staff Member
Purraise
Today my phone wouldn't charge, thankfully it was just because of a cheap charger. Then my desktop wouldn't turn on. Thank goodness it was just a bad power supply and repaired cheaply. I'm so thankful to not have to spend a bunch of money!
I have a similar positive story.  The consensus was that I had major car issues and the quote was $530 a couple of weeks ago.  I took it in today and it was nowhere near as bad as they though and only cost.$130.

I budgeted for the larger amount, so I have some spare Christmas cash for the holidays.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
What great positives we have here! :clap:

For me I was able to locate the brand of chocolate chips I had been unable find and make cookies without messing them up like I did the day before.

Status
Not open for further replies.