What's on Your Mind Thread - 2024

Kwik

Animals are Blessings
Top Cat
Purraise
So a minute after posting, both came in my room and stupid Boone hissed at her. Not aggressively but geez, why??? :gaah:
Just setting the record straight is all .... like this:
" Let's be clear,now I want my space,this is my territory and I'll let you know otherwise- stay in your lane"...... all that in one hiss- isn't that something?

The photo is delightful, heart warming...... Graycie is a good girl,they are both wonderful and on their way to being good companions🥰

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Just setting the record straight is all .... like this:
" Let's be clear,now I want my space,this is my territory and I'll let you know otherwise- stay in your lane"...... all that in one hiss- isn't that something?

The photo is delightful, heart warming...... Graycie is a good girl,they are both wonderful and on their way to being good companions🥰
Until the next fight. :lol: Hopefully they will go a lot longer between this one and the next one. A few years would be good. :lol:

kashmir64

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I feel fortunate that- currently, at least- I don't have to take any prescription meds; only ibuprofen for the aches and pains common to old age, plus vitamin C. Of course, I haven't had a physical in maybe 8 years, either. About my eyes, I have an exam scheduled for Monday, and who knows what that will turn up.
Just be careful about taking NSAID's, they can cause kidney damage if taken too many or too long. Trust me on this.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I’m stuck on what to cook for Easter next weekend. DD and I both think chicken sounds too normal. My grandma always did a leg of lamb with kluski and her gravy. DH usually doesn’t eat beef but goes for leftover chicken if I make beef at home. Ham gets the same complaints. I don’t like pork loins or chops. Maybe seafood? I’m tempted to eat out! :lol:
So a minute after posting, both came in my room and stupid Boone hissed at her. Not aggressively but geez, why??? :gaah:
Keeping up appearances? Like he forgot you caught them being buddies! :lol:

maggie101

3 cats
Top Cat
Purraise
I’m stuck on what to cook for Easter next weekend. DD and I both think chicken sounds too normal. My grandma always did a leg of lamb with kluski and her gravy. DH usually doesn’t eat beef but goes for leftover chicken if I make beef at home. Ham gets the same complaints. I don’t like pork loins or chops. Maybe seafood? I’m tempted to eat out! :lol:

Simple dinners to make your life easy
Love her recipes and she has tons!

Kwik

Animals are Blessings
Top Cat
Purraise

Eating out always sounds good to me- then everyone gets to eat exactly what they are in the mood for -whoever wants " traditional " food can have it as well

So if you're seriously considering going to a restaurant I suggest you make your reservations now,well in advance 🥰

Kwik

Animals are Blessings
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, if I take after my parents to any degree, I figure to have another 16 years before I log off for the last time, so at this point I don't think it matters a whole lot.
Funny you should say this..... when I was a young lady my Grandpa was diagnosed with ALS and passed away only 6 months later .When he found out the Dr said to him that he should stop smoking and not drink wine( he had a glass of wine at dinner like any Sicilian man) Grandpa said" Are you crazy? ( Spoken in his broken English) " Ima smoka twice a mucha and Ima drinka duo glass a vino now- they no killa me,Lou Gherig killa me!!! Stupido! rofl

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Because cat.

Well, if I take after my parents to any degree, I figure to have another 16 years before I log off for the last time, so at this point I don't think it matters a whole lot.
Same here. Both of my parents' VERY large families lived well into their 90s, with no loss of mental acuity. Well, a couple died in their high 80s, but four or five made it into their 100s. I'm thinking I have another 20 decent years to go.

maggie101

3 cats
Top Cat
Purraise
Just be careful about taking NSAID's, they can cause kidney damage if taken too many or too long. Trust me on this.
My dad would make a schedule in advance of what to do every day and hour, regularly scheduled to take 1 alieve every morning. His doc had him stop since his last diagnoses of kidney disease. He still has a regular routine (for decades) what day and time to get his hair cut. Doesn't matter that he's lost alot of hair

GenCat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Funny you should say this..... when I was a young lady my Grandpa was diagnosed with ALS and passed away only 6 months later .When he found out the Dr said to him that he should stop smoking and not drink wine( he had a glass of wine at dinner like any Sicilian man) Grandpa said" Are you crazy? ( Spoken in his broken English) " Ima smoka twice a mucha and Ima drinka duo glass a vino now- they no killa me,Lou Gherig killa me!!! Stupido! rofl
My older coworker keeps telling me she needs to lay off the sugar, lose weight, etc. But I’m like girl you’re past that point already this is the time to enjoy your life!

Kwik

Animals are Blessings
Top Cat
Purraise
My older coworker keeps telling me she needs to lay off the sugar, lose weight, etc. But I’m like girl you’re past that point already this is the time to enjoy your life!
My entire life I ate well,physically fit,disciplined & trained hard for competitive sports.......after several bouts with cancer do not tell me what I should or should not eat !!!!lol

Never liked sweets or carbs or anything " bad for you"..... where'd that get me? You know what,ice cream is pretty darn good!!! I eat whatever these days and maybe I'll have an ice cream for breakfast!

NY cat man

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Kwik

Animals are Blessings
Top Cat
Purraise
Prayers for the people who fell into the water this morning because a cargo ship hit a bridge in Baltimore, causing it to totally collapse. I drive over a similar bridge and can't imagine something like that happening to me.
Francis Scott Key Bridge in Baltimore collapses after ship struck it, sending vehicles into water - WTOP News
Was the Capt drunk? How in the heck do you hit a fixed bridge? Perfectly clear day? Please tell me mechanical failure although there's quite a few fail safe options......very disturbing

Certainly praying God's Intervention for peoples safety and rescue..... what a horror

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Echoes of the Sunshine Skyway Bridge, across the entrance to Tampa Bay, back in 1980.
Called my husband to wake him up and he informed me that our oldest is headed up that way today. Working up in York, PA and that's the bridge they normally take. Of course, he wasn't on the road at 1am so he wasn't injured but my husband had to text him and let him know not to go that way.

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Was the Capt drunk? How in the heck do you hit a fixed bridge? Perfectly clear day? Please tell me mechanical failure although there's quite a few fail safe options......very disturbing

Certainly praying God's Intervention for peoples safety and rescue..... what a horror
No, cargo ship lost power and they couldn't stop in time. Plus the mere size/weight of the ship is massive so when it hit, it hit hard!

Kwik

Animals are Blessings
Top Cat
Purraise
No, cargo ship lost power and they couldn't stop in time. Plus the mere size/weight of the ship is massive so when it hit, it hit hard!
Don't those cargo ships have emergency gennys for the rudders?just curious-I know the new mega yachts have so much AI that in a loss of power they are literally " sunk" terrible design- especially the ballists and yep" steering" ..... but those old ships,do you think someone's gonna be in big trouble for safety inspection or something?