What's on your Mind Thread - 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.

furmonster mom

Lap #2
Top Cat
Purraise
Two friends ended up in hospital at the same time.

One for heart valve failure (genetic), is going into surgery tomorrow. His wife is so stressed, he’s low key asking for someone to help out at their home. I’m not sure I have the patience or fortitude to volunteer for that.

The other for her recurring intestinal issues, but this time she did it to herself by taking waaaaay too much psyllium. 🤦‍♀️ I’m taking care of her cats until she gets back home, probably in 3-4 days.

JamesCalifornia

Mr.Mom to a house of cats 😇😼
Top Cat
Purraise
Lila decided she would hang out on the resting place of my very first dog. Lila was only about 6 months old when he passed.
~ My cats often visit Speedy's grave in my yard. When I first placed her there one or two of her pals often stayed there, obviously knowing it was her new spot. :lovecat4:

20220430_130303.jpg

Speedy 💕

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I know unions can cause trouble but sometimes I am so glad DH has one to negotiate contracts for them because of stuff like that. It’s stressful sometimes when they are negotiating new contracts every few years because they always want to plan for the possibility of a strike. But in the long run its been helpful.

A few years ago DH was out working on a really hot day and got sick with a bad migraine and the clients he was at called for an ambulance because they thought he was having heat stroke. Thank God it was “just” a migraine. His supervisor actually got reprimanded for not handling it quickly and taking it seriously enough. I’ve wondered if the Union is partly responsible for the company responding like they did too. They did have someone die from the heat in another area last year. And now they are implementing new uniforms and accessories to help and providing more access to ventilation and things. It shouldn’t take all that for people to be valued.:sigh:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
We had a bunch of smoke from Canada here on. . .Thursday? I think. It was thick. We could smell it. Set off everyone's allergies.
It reached us late Sunday afternoon, on the East coast. Our sky was and is a dirty yellow, and I'm coughing like a fiend! Such fun. Haven't coughed like this since I quit smoking.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
The weather has been so dry for so long... Last week, we were in a borderline drought. Between the smoke from the Canadian fires and all the brush fires around here, the smoke was ridiculous.
One night it was so bad. The AC could not even filter it out.
We got a good soaking of rain this weekend, so, hopefully things got saturated..

Acatlady1

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Being proud of a student yesterday.A special Ed student with autism mentioned me as his favorite staff member.The teacher asked which staff member influenced them.Said it taught him he was not alone having a disability,knows I have one with my pituritary dwarfism

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So I did a grocery order because I haven't had time to go, and they tried to substitute a bag of grapes for one honey mango???? I'm not sure how that made sense, but when I asked for it to be refunded, they said they did, but took out the lime I ordered instead of the mango. Which is annoying.

I know the shoppers are only human, but the other substitution they tried to make that didn't work due to needing it for a recipe at least made more sense.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
I used to order my mom’s groceries for delivery and I always chose “no substitutions” because of the weird stuff they would give her. It does mean you may have to pick up a few things yourself but better that letting them select what to substitute.

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I used to order my mom’s groceries for delivery and I always chose “no substitutions” because of the weird stuff they would give her. It does mean you may have to pick up a few things yourself but better that letting them select what to substitute.
We did go in because I forgot to order bread (I can't fit a lot in the cart if I have both kids, but I can do a few things) and pucked up the cherries I saw. Those would have been a sensible substitution. Or purple grapes if they weren't all out (I didn't look. Cherries were right in front). But one mango is a complete head scratcher.

Status
Not open for further replies.