What's on your Mind Thread - 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
Whats on my mind? (Don’t worry I already googled it.) When do boys start getting those hormonal puberty changes? Because my kid stinks and he never used to be rough. Fearless and reckless when he was little; but not rough and tumble.
My son was the opposite, as a child getting him to shower or bathe was a weekly struggle. Around 10 he did it willingly and regularly. My mother and son were riding in the car with me at about that time when she looked at me with shock on her face and said “When did he start smelling good?” Didn’t know, it seemed to happen overnight. And definitely had something to do with him noticing girls. Actual puberty didn’t happen until shortly after he turned 13 which was earlier than most of the boys in his class.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
My son was the opposite, as a child getting him to shower or bathe was a weekly struggle. Around 10 he did it willingly and regularly. My mother and son were riding in the car with me at about that time when she looked at me with shock on her face and said “When did he start smelling good?” Didn’t know, it seemed to happen overnight. And definitely had something to do with him noticing girls. Actual puberty didn’t happen until shortly after he turned 13 which was earlier than most of the boys in his class.
He’s always been happy to skip baths because he had such awful eczema on his hands. But hes started having body odor a few weeks ago and I’m noticing hes both more aggressive in play and more emotional. I was not prepared for this to start already. He was never a rough and tumble boy but he’s been rougher lately. And I don’t think hes picking that up somewhere.

Semi amusing story from DS... He spent Saturday at one of our friends house and when we picked him up the little dogs were barking and there was a ruckus I couldn’t quite hear but he came down doing his “I’m feeling sensitive because I was corrected” cry. A thing he does when embarrassed I think. I had heard DH ask if there was blood but I thought someone fell but I didn’t think much of it. (Our friends have 4 kids and live in a +100 year old farm house (possibly older) and the dogs were barking in another room the whole time. It was loud.) But nope. One of the dogs nipped his tush and there are still teeth prints today. 😩 Poor kid! Hes ok and a little wiser today! 🤪 Good thing they are smaller dogs. And he was wearing jeans! 🤪

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Just talked with Spawn 1. He's on a fast-track to make partner in his company now, and has plans to buy me a modest two-bedroom home in Chattanooga in the next 2-3 years. I'm crossing my fingers. As he says, it will be a good investment property for later, and with two bedrooms, when necessary, he can have live in help for me cheaper than a good nursing home. CROSS PAWS!

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Just talked with Spawn 1. He's on a fast-track to make partner in his company now, and has plans to buy me a modest two-bedroom home in Chattanooga in the next 2-3 years. I'm crossing my fingers. As he says, it will be a good investment property for later, and with two bedrooms, when necessary, he can have live in help for me cheaper than a good nursing home. CROSS PAWS!
Hekitty: Clearly my human brother forgot that one of those rooms will be MINE. Silly brother. :lol:

Spawn 1 is clearly a fine human. He takes after his Mama. :hugs:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hekitty: Clearly my human brother forgot that one of those rooms will be MINE. Silly brother. :lol:

Spawn 1 is clearly a fine human. He takes after his Mama. :hugs:
That is EXACTLY Hekitty's take on the whole matter.

Thank you so much. He's...a strange one, but he's a good one. Both of them are, but Spawn 1 is the one who is more successful, financially. I think Spawn 2 may be more successful in the realm of humanity in general. Spawn 1 is wonderful to family and close friends, Spawn 2 thinks more globally. LOL, each thinks the other is a bit crazy, but they love each other dearly. And me.

strider rose

cat toy lady and cat mom to 3
Top Cat
Purraise
im thinking about jcatbird today and wishing that i could reach her ... its been a whole week that i couldnt get through to her on the phone . and i miss talking to the clowder too

JamesCalifornia

Mr.Mom to a house of cats 😇😼
Top Cat
Purraise
im thinking about jcatbird today and wishing that i could reach her ... its been a whole week that i couldnt get through to her on the phone . and i miss talking to the clowder too
~ I have been thinking about her also. Sent her a PM greeting — no reply. Hope she is OK ... 🙏

Acatlady1

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Meeting my boyfriend's family for the first time gone well and they like me.Son met them too as well including my boyfriend,he likes them and approved.His mom,she has dwarfism too and saw I have Pituritary dwarfism.Noticed my childish voice

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
I splurged this afternoon on a new tech lightweight garden hose. I need a 100 ft long one for the backyard and my current one is so heavy that when reeling it back up I have to pull it all to near the hose reel and then take breaks while winding it up. Because of that I used to just leave it laying in the yard but with using a mowing service this year I can’t expect them to work around it. The new one was pricey but my goodness so easy to roll out and back it is well worth it.

Status
Not open for further replies.