What's on your Mind Thread - 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.

mani

Moderator and fervent feline fan
Staff Member
Purraise
graycie has the worst timing to puke hair balls if its not at the table while i am eating then its on the floor some place after i fed her ofcourse and in the middle of mine. :rolleyes:time to start boiling an egg each morning again
I've just seen this.
I'd like to enter the 'worse time to puke' competition.
Nilah decided to unload her breakfast/furball on the carpet in the middle of an in-house yoga class meditation. That was also on Zoom. That I record and send out to absent students and keep as it's part of an ongoing course.

maggie101

3 cats
Top Cat
Purraise
I've just seen this.
I'd like to enter the 'worse time to puke' competition.
Nilah decided to unload her breakfast/furball on the carpet in the middle of an in-house yoga class meditation. That was also on Zoom. That I record and send out to absent students and keep as it's part of an ongoing course.
Excellent idea for next month. Ready,set,go! Puke competition!

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
:yeah: There's loads of good stuff on YouTube. I do a lot of my yoga practice to the videos on there.
I'm really hoping for something printable. I might have to just make some kind of printout myself from a video. Audio stuff is harder for me to work with. But at least I could see and then put it down to do.
Did you pick a floor in the end?
No not yet. I have been away or super busy every weekend so we haven't gotten by the flooring store. We're doing the paperwork for a home equity line of credit so I have some time to get plans together.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I just ordered this set of workout cards off Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B095J9KWN8/?tag=thecatsite

There was a 10% off coupon and it was cheaper than buying them separate. Hopefully these will be a good start for me. They did have quite a lot of options. I can set them up in whatever order and I guess if I'm not sure how to properly do the exercise I can look up videos. They have posters and things too; but I don't have the wall space for that. At this point; getting started is more important than finding something perfect. I can adjust over time.

Graceful-Lily

Extraterrestrial Being
Top Cat
Purraise
Made a memorial gift for my bfs moms dog. She died in 2021 and her old collar has just been sitting on the kitchen windowsill. Bfs mom talks about how much she misses her dog still so I thought she might like this to display her collar properly. I bought the wood and had it split because it was too thick, carved out all the details, painted it, and applied a varnish to seal. I got tiny hinges at Michaels for the stand part at the back. The paw print is as big as her dogs paw was. Did my best to carve that out. We will be giving it to her on her birthday in a few days. I'm so excited for her to see it.
2851317e-21ca-4c68-8269-48339ccccb18.jpg
Snapchat-740408101.jpg

Before this picture, I added a purple "M" out of felt so that the stand doesn’t slam into the back and get damaged. I also added a picture frame hook to the top above her name.
a9668b05-25dc-482d-9394-2ba156e3ed05.jpg

maggie101

3 cats
Top Cat
Purraise
I just ordered this set of workout cards off Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B095J9KWN8/?tag=thecatsite

There was a 10% off coupon and it was cheaper than buying them separate. Hopefully these will be a good start for me. They did have quite a lot of options. I can set them up in whatever order and I guess if I'm not sure how to properly do the exercise I can look up videos. They have posters and things too; but I don't have the wall space for that. At this point; getting started is more important than finding something perfect. I can adjust over time.
I no longer use dumbells. Just body weight training. I got for my sis 0ne month trial version of Mark lauren on demand. You need a roku stick or use your phone. Stronger legs and core and balance is much better. Hope it works out for you!

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Made a memorial gift for my bfs moms dog. She died in 2021 and her old collar has just been sitting on the kitchen windowsill. Bfs mom talks about how much she misses her dog still so I thought she might like this to display her collar properly. I bought the wood and had it split because it was too thick, carved out all the details, painted it, and applied a varnish to seal. I got tiny hinges at Michaels for the stand part at the back. The paw print is as big as her dogs paw was. Did my best to carve that out. We will be giving it to her on her birthday in a few days. I'm so excited for her to see it.
View attachment 449330View attachment 449331

Before this picture, I added a purple "M" out of felt so that the stand doesn’t slam into the back and get damaged. I also added a picture frame hook to the top above her name.
View attachment 449332
You are so talented!

susanm9006

Lola
Top Cat
Purraise
I have to go to my dementia aunty’s (single, no children, 80’s) today to deal with this voice mail message from her. Making my head spin and it’s the last thing I feel like doing today. My sister is her guardian and I have been trying to tell her we are reaching the end of what we can do to help her

“This is your auntie terrible time with this phone number again. Why don't you call me back. I can't get to my new number and I can't call any on this because I love you prescriptions and so would you please see what you can do from your Berry under the line. If you get me back answer(?) number. Thank you.”

iPappy

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
View attachment 449330View attachment 449331

View attachment 449332
I would cry tears of joy if I received a gift like this. Not only so thoughtful but you took time to make it! It's beautiful and I'm sure it will be very well loved. 💕

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
~ Your personal at home trainer has arrived. 😉

Thanks but I think I'm going to go with these guys:

Can someone swing by to peel me off the floor in a couple hours? :lol:

My workout card pack arrived yesterday and I think it'll work good without having to match this energy. I'm not sure I could have kept up as a fit kid. :lol: I already have probably everything I need. I might need a chair or bench to lean on occasionally. Our kitchen table is pub height but we have some folding chairs. I'll figure it out soon.

maggie101

3 cats
Top Cat
Purraise
~ That is what Jack LaLane used to teach. Some of his exercises used a towel for resistance. 💪😌
Similar but no bending over with your arms on a chair so you roll your shoulders. Exercises are much slower so I find it more effective, leg exercises are lying down or to the side. One of my fav exercises is monkey squats. Squat all the way down so your hands are touching the floor then stand strait back up

susanm9006

Lola
Top Cat
Purraise
An interesting start to my morning. On Monday I signed a contract to have the gutters on the front of the house replaced. This morning at 8:00 am a roofing delivery truck showed up, the driver took a picture of the address sign as proof of delivery and dropped a bundle of gutters in yard. Extremely speedy contractor, but what was delivered was not the brown I ordered but instead white. I told the driver that but he said he couldn’t take them back because that was what was ordered. Of course my blood pressure went up, envisioning a discussion or argument with the contractor.

We chatted a few minutes about gutters and why I am replacing mine before he asked me where I wanted the shingles placed? Shingles? Definitely not! Turned out he had transposed a number in the address and his load was going a few blocks down. I was so relieved.

Margot Lane

Kitten at heart, not a Top Cat
Top Cat
Purraise
An interesting start to my morning. On Monday I signed a contract to have the gutters on the front of the house replaced. This morning at 8:00 am a roofing delivery truck showed up, the driver took a picture of the address sign as proof of delivery and dropped a bundle of gutters in yard. Extremely speedy contractor, but what was delivered was not the brown I ordered but instead white. I told the driver that but he said he couldn’t take them back because that was what was ordered. Of course my blood pressure went up, envisioning a discussion or argument with the contractor.

We chatted a few minutes about gutters and why I am replacing mine before he asked me where I wanted the shingles placed? Shingles? Definitely not! Turned out he had transposed a number in the address and his load was going a few blocks down. I was so relieved.

And they always try to blame you! Wish I could have billed Hertz for the chiropractor I had to see after they didn’t have the 4WD they said they’d have. Anyway that must be a relief!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.