What's on your Mind Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

Margot Lane

Kitten at heart, not a Top Cat
Top Cat
Purraise
I’m wondering if it’s possible to predict weather by the way my cat sleeps. We’re sposed to get a storm this weekend & he’s currently curled into an unusually tight ball. Following this theory, that means lots of sun = a looooong cat. It’d be fun to see a TV forecaster’s chart with tons of tiny cat symbols all over it.

catloverfromwayback

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My sick dog...my dog with cancer, has gone home to Heaven tonight. It was time. Maybe I waited too long, but it was time. He was still fighting so hard. When I got home tonight (after multiple silent anxious check up's during the day in which he never moved) his respiration was very high, very labored, and very noisy. He refused food (strange) and water (even more concerning). He was coughing, choking and gagging. The vet came to the house. It was a peaceful passing but I am gutted.
This past year....hoping, praying, some of the most dedicated and hardest working vets I have ever come across, and divine connections got him into partial remission. The vet who came to the house tonight has shined in so many ways in our lives, and tonight was really one of them. Unfortunately, this cancer (cutaneous lymphosarcoma) is a b*tch and very little is known about it, even in humans. His remission faded, and his respiration began to suffer and was heading towards agonal and drowning in his own fluid. I couldn't let him go through that.

TACh. CW-SRA Lazy G's Best Kept Secret, CGC,CL2-R, TAM, TMAG, CW-Ob3, AR, ZR-1 was his name, but everyone knew him as Tag. Tag loved me, cats, food, and agility in that order. He was the perfect dog. And now that perfect dog's soul is where he belongs...in the Perfect Place. I hate cancer so much. I am so lucky to be the Chosen One to love and protect and care for him during his time on this Earth.
I love you, Tag.
You did so much for Tag, bless you both.

iPappy

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I’m thinking apprehensively about next weekend, the AFL Grand Final (I loathe football) and whether I can go for a drive to avoid the racket from people’s televisions. I live in a retirement village where the units have very thin walls.
I used to live in a place that had very thin walls with quite a bit of noise. I would pack some food (or plan to go to my favorite place to get something I really liked), take a drive and listen to music, and go to a favorite park or secluded place and eat in my car. Then I'd go for a nice, slow walk, and if I was done with that and not ready to go home, I always carried a book or two. One time, I was so relaxed I fell asleep in my car!

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
My sick dog...my dog with cancer, has gone home to Heaven tonight. It was time. Maybe I waited too long, but it was time. He was still fighting so hard. When I got home tonight (after multiple silent anxious check up's during the day in which he never moved) his respiration was very high, very labored, and very noisy. He refused food (strange) and water (even more concerning). He was coughing, choking and gagging. The vet came to the house. It was a peaceful passing but I am gutted.
This past year....hoping, praying, some of the most dedicated and hardest working vets I have ever come across, and divine connections got him into partial remission. The vet who came to the house tonight has shined in so many ways in our lives, and tonight was really one of them. Unfortunately, this cancer (cutaneous lymphosarcoma) is a b*tch and very little is known about it, even in humans. His remission faded, and his respiration began to suffer and was heading towards agonal and drowning in his own fluid. I couldn't let him go through that.

TACh. CW-SRA Lazy G's Best Kept Secret, CGC,CL2-R, TAM, TMAG, CW-Ob3, AR, ZR-1 was his name, but everyone knew him as Tag. Tag loved me, cats, food, and agility in that order. He was the perfect dog. And now that perfect dog's soul is where he belongs...in the Perfect Place. I hate cancer so much. I am so lucky to be the Chosen One to love and protect and care for him during his time on this Earth.
I love you, Tag.
Oh, I am so sorry for your loss. I know you loved Tag with all your heart. You did everything in your power to keep him comfortable, safe and know love... Words cannot express my thoughts.. I know... I really do.. You gave love,...❤❤💔

catloverfromwayback

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I used to live in a place that had very thin walls with quite a bit of noise. I would pack some food (or plan to go to my favorite place to get something I really liked), take a drive and listen to music, and go to a favorite park or secluded place and eat in my car. Then I'd go for a nice, slow walk, and if I was done with that and not ready to go home, I always carried a book or two. One time, I was so relaxed I fell asleep in my car!
I would love to be able to do that! The hitch is that I’m my mother’s carer and can’t really take her for a long drive - she needs to use the loo a lot - and I have to make her meals. The timing is awkward, since the wretched game doesn’t start till 2.30 and drags on for hours. There is a big vintage market about half an hour away that might be a suitable haven for a while ...

iPappy

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Oh, I am so sorry for your loss. I know you loved Tag with all your heart. You did everything in your power to keep him comfortable, safe and know love... Words cannot express my thoughts.. I know... I really do.. You gave love,...❤❤💔
I know that you know...I know that so well. ((Hugs))

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
Had the new Covid Booster yesterday afternoon. Boy, did it sting going in!! It was a different person giving it to me, But WOW.. sting! My arm is sore--moreso the muscle.. I cannot lift that arm up very high.. Yikes..

Last night, I was feeling both warm and chilly.. Extremely tired today, no energy, just blah, a couple of joints are talking to me, and a bit SOB--asthma..Muscle still sore. Now, it feels as if my throat is getting scratchy. Not much of an appetite.

I expected worse. With the other boosters, I was really sick for 72 hours: fever, chills, muscle aches...

Glad I got it over the weekend. I may not go to Mass on Sunday-- may be too much of an effort.. but I will see.

Just baking a large sweet potato for supper.

I would advise anyone who is on the fence about the booster, to get it. It is worth it.. There is a shortage of Moderna; no shortage of Pfizer. I have always gotten Pfizer; but I was ok with either one.

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Stressed.

So, my SIL had her baby 7 weeks early yesterday (from what I've heard, everyone's okay), and we ended up as emergency dogsitters. The dog has been with us about 27 hours and I'm just finding the whole situation stressful. Dog barks at Lelia who hides under the couch. Sparkle growls at dog, and I have to keep J away before Sparkle redirects aggression her way. Dog also barks like crazy every time I come inside.

Meanwhile, our internet is out and Comcast can't come by to fix it until Tuesday and my grocery run ended up being a headache, too.

My husband's sister is supposed to pick up the dog tomorrow and take her turn with dogsitting, and I have to admit I'm really relieved. I want to be helpful, but I've reached my doggie limit, I think.

iPappy

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Stressed.

So, my SIL had her baby 7 weeks early yesterday (from what I've heard, everyone's okay), and we ended up as emergency dogsitters. The dog has been with us about 27 hours and I'm just finding the whole situation stressful. Dog barks at Lelia who hides under the couch. Sparkle growls at dog, and I have to keep J away before Sparkle redirects aggression her way. Dog also barks like crazy every time I come inside.

Meanwhile, our internet is out and Comcast can't come by to fix it until Tuesday and my grocery run ended up being a headache, too.

My husband's sister is supposed to pick up the dog tomorrow and take her turn with dogsitting, and I have to admit I'm really relieved. I want to be helpful, but I've reached my doggie limit, I think.
I'm glad SIL and her baby are OK.
Much as I love dogs, they need to be borderline perfect to stay in my house with me and my cats. Did they bring a crate or cage? If not, could you confine dog to the bathroom or a portion of the house separate from the cats?

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm glad SIL and her baby are OK.
Much as I love dogs, they need to be borderline perfect to stay in my house with me and my cats. Did they bring a crate or cage? If not, could you confine dog to the bathroom or a portion of the house separate from the cats?
My husband had to go to their house to get the dog, and he didn't bring anything like that back. We've been mostly trying to keep them separated but it hasn't been perfect. She just saw Lelia after my husband brought her outside for the bathroom and immediately started barking. She's in my husband's office with him now, so hopefully we have peace for a bit.

iPappy

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
My husband had to go to their house to get the dog, and he didn't bring anything like that back. We've been mostly trying to keep them separated but it hasn't been perfect. She just saw Lelia after my husband brought her outside for the bathroom and immediately started barking. She's in my husband's office with him now, so hopefully we have peace for a bit.
If someone is coming to get the dog tomorrow, that's a relief. The dog probably doesn't want to be annoying but is probably stressed and wondering what is going on, but I feel your pain. I used to do in home boarding for dogs and I won't do it again, aside from one friend who has a small well behaved dog who has lived with cats his whole life. He says hello then ignores them. I hope tomorrow is a relief and you can all get some relaxation!

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'd put the cats in a bedroom/office. It's not really fair to them but it's a lot less stressful for everybody.
They have one of the spare bedrooms with their food, litter, beds, cat tree,and they have been spending a lot of time in there, but Sparkle gets super annoying scratching at the door when she wants out.

I'm just telling myself it's one more night at this point.

The dog probably doesn't want to be annoying but is probably stressed and wondering what is going on, but I feel your pain
I'm sure she's confused and is trying to stick to my husband and freaks out when he leaves.

She's a little dog (I think technically still a puppy), around the same size as the kitties, and she's been BIL and SIL's baby up until now, so I think she might also be a bit spoiled and maybe not as well trained as she could be, but I'm not a dog person and I know she's off her routine so I'm trying to be understanding.

----

Our internet just came back on randomly after being off for 10 hours and Comcast saying there were no outages in our area. I'll take that bit of good news and hope it stays up and running.

Status
Not open for further replies.