What's on your Mind Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

furmonster mom

Lap #2
Top Cat
Purraise
I had a visiter this morning
We’ve known each other for at least two decades, and I once considered her one of my close friends (which are very few to start with).
About seven years ago, she got mad at me for something; to this day I still don’t know what it was. It happened during a time when I had been watching her kids for about 4 days a week while she got back into the workforce.

Apparently, whatever I did was so horrendous that she completely cut me out of her social circle, even tried to tell her husband not to socialize with my hubby (which he did not go along with). She tried to cut us off from some of our other mutual friends, partially successfully, but they came back around after a couple years. Still, she never gave anyone an explanation.

So what brought her to my doorstep?
Kumquat jam and farm fresh eggs.
A swap that our Hubbys arranged before they ran out of town on some gigs.

The visit was pleasant and casual. I hope they enjoy the jam.

game misconduct

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have a little 4” frying pan for my eggs
:lol:i have one to but its not to stable for me to use it slides/tipsover. i dont have a working free hand to keep the pan stable when its time to use the spatula. so i use an 8 inch non stick one. :biggrin: its about a year old and starting to stick so maybe i'll buy a cast iron one this time or another stainless steel pan

Graceful-Lily

Extraterrestrial Being
Top Cat
Purraise
IMG_20220913_112530_01.jpg

Guess who is my friend again and is on longer upset that I left him at my parents place... 😆 He is back to trilling at me and greeting me nicely. No bites or hissing yesterday or today. I think we'll be alright. Maybe I'll leave some smelly shirts with him on rotation so he gets used to my new scent.

Margot Lane

Kitten at heart, not a Top Cat
Top Cat
Purraise
I had a visiter this morning
We’ve known each other for at least two decades, and I once considered her one of my close friends (which are very few to start with).
About seven years ago, she got mad at me for something; to this day I still don’t know what it was. It happened during a time when I had been watching her kids for about 4 days a week while she got back into the workforce.

Apparently, whatever I did was so horrendous that she completely cut me out of her social circle, even tried to tell her husband not to socialize with my hubby (which he did not go along with). She tried to cut us off from some of our other mutual friends, partially successfully, but they came back around after a couple years. Still, she never gave anyone an explanation.

So what brought her to my doorstep?
Kumquat jam and farm fresh eggs.
A swap that our Hubbys arranged before they ran out of town on some gigs.

The visit was pleasant and casual. I hope they enjoy the jam.
Gosh it seems very odd of her not to say What bothered her! Sounds like a set up by your hubbies, but a pleasant one. :)

Margot Lane

Top Cat
Purraise
View attachment 431503
Guess who is my friend again and is on longer upset that I left him at my parents place... 😆 He is back to trilling at me and greeting me nicely. No bites or hissing yesterday or today. I think we'll be alright. Maybe I'll leave some smelly shirts with him on rotation so he gets used to my new scent.
That face totally says: “Alrighhht, but, just don’t do it again!”

furmonster mom

Lap #2
Top Cat
Purraise
Gosh it seems very odd of her not to say What bothered her! Sounds like a set up by your hubbies, but a pleasant one. :)
It was very odd, especially since we’d been friends for so long (hubby and I introduced her and her hubby). It was also very hurtful, and took me a long time to recover.
Still, I always made the effort to be cordial at mutual friends gatherings and such, and did not exclude her from our own small events (though she often made an excuse not to come).

I know some of our mutual friends have been watching from the wings, and have made efforts to facilitate a reconciliation, and it’s quite possible this is our Hubbys’ effort. While the visit was pleasant, it is by no means a return to previous friendship status. That would require a real conversation that I doubt will ever happen.

DebfromPhilly

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Good morning all you cat lovers! Hope everyone is having a fantastic Wednesday, so far!

I have a new 3.5 year old girl to keep my old 10.5 year old boy cat company. So far they are still separated and doing well with site swapping and gate feeding, although it is so hard to listen to the kitties meowing on the other side of the door, begging to be let out.

Wondering if anyone has ever heard a cat make these noises when kitty is hunting. I'm attaching 2 clips from yesterday. This kitty (Kittybear), does this all night (and on a side note, seems to also not only fetch, but also retrieves when she's in the mood). I'm wondering if this is a meow or something else. Curious why she feels the need to do this. It's crossed my mind that she is trying to tell me, "look what I caught ma!" But I really have no clue. Clearly have to reverse her schedule, but in the meantime, wondering what this sound is. Thanks very much, in advance, for your thoughts.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
Good morning all you cat lovers! Hope everyone is having a fantastic Wednesday, so far!

I have a new 3.5 year old girl to keep my old 10.5 year old boy cat company. So far they are still separated and doing well with site swapping and gate feeding, although it is so hard to listen to the kitties meowing on the other side of the door, begging to be let out.

Wondering if anyone has ever heard a cat make these noises when kitty is hunting. I'm attaching 2 clips from yesterday. This kitty (Kittybear), does this all night (and on a side note, seems to also not only fetch, but also retrieves when she's in the mood). I'm wondering if this is a meow or something else. Curious why she feels the need to do this. It's crossed my mind that she is trying to tell me, "look what I caught ma!" But I really have no clue. Clearly have to reverse her schedule, but in the meantime, wondering what this sound is. Thanks very much, in advance, for your thoughts.

Willow sounds somewhat like that when she plays except a bit louder and longer. She usually finishes with a hiss at the toy or the wall.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
That is really funny and excellent news! I keep Googling it but only “chatter” sounds come up. Glad to hear she isn’t an alien impersonating a cat! LOL! 😹 Have a great day!
The really funny thing for me is that Willow is the meekest, quietest cat you would every meet. Eleven years with me, still afraid of being touched and mostly just whines and whimpers to me when she wants something. But when she plays by herself she is FIERCE.

Graceful-Lily

Extraterrestrial Being
Top Cat
Purraise
On my mind is wondering why one of my boyfriends cats is so clingy. He always tries to suckle on everyone and if you leave him and he can't see you, he will start meowing loudly. He will also follow me around in the mornings and is never more than 4 inches away from my feet at all times. I can't even go to the bathroom in peace. I had to go into the extra bedroom and lock him out just to get some things that I want to get done completed. I think he might be insecure? But I don't know how to teach him to be more self soothing.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
On my mind is wondering why one of my boyfriends cats is so clingy. He always tries to suckle on everyone and if you leave him and he can't see you, he will start meowing loudly. He will also follow me around in the mornings and is never more than 4 inches away from my feet at all times. I can't even go to the bathroom in peace. I had to go into the extra bedroom and lock him out just to get some things that I want to get done completed. I think he might be insecure? But I don't know how to teach him to be more self soothing.
You should post in Behavior even if just for the sake of discussion. There's several options and they can be interesting. One of my mom's cats is like that. At one point when he was younger she had to stop him from sleeping with her because he'd snuggle in her armpit all night and was leaving bruises from his kneading! He's 19 now and pretty much thinks he should be in someone's lap at all times. He will look at you until you sit. DS adores him.

vansX2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
How good is the product called "Kids'N' Pets Stain and Odor Remover ? I have just finished extracting my staircase carpet and have a fan running for drying out the carpet. Should one treatment be enough ?

iPappy

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
My sick dog...my dog with cancer, has gone home to Heaven tonight. It was time. Maybe I waited too long, but it was time. He was still fighting so hard. When I got home tonight (after multiple silent anxious check up's during the day in which he never moved) his respiration was very high, very labored, and very noisy. He refused food (strange) and water (even more concerning). He was coughing, choking and gagging. The vet came to the house. It was a peaceful passing but I am gutted.
This past year....hoping, praying, some of the most dedicated and hardest working vets I have ever come across, and divine connections got him into partial remission. The vet who came to the house tonight has shined in so many ways in our lives, and tonight was really one of them. Unfortunately, this cancer (cutaneous lymphosarcoma) is a b*tch and very little is known about it, even in humans. His remission faded, and his respiration began to suffer and was heading towards agonal and drowning in his own fluid. I couldn't let him go through that.

TACh. CW-SRA Lazy G's Best Kept Secret, CGC,CL2-R, TAM, TMAG, CW-Ob3, AR, ZR-1 was his name, but everyone knew him as Tag. Tag loved me, cats, food, and agility in that order. He was the perfect dog. And now that perfect dog's soul is where he belongs...in the Perfect Place. I hate cancer so much. I am so lucky to be the Chosen One to love and protect and care for him during his time on this Earth.
I love you, Tag.

Margot Lane

Top Cat
Purraise
My sick dog...my dog with cancer, has gone home to Heaven tonight. It was time. Maybe I waited too long, but it was time. He was still fighting so hard. When I got home tonight (after multiple silent anxious check up's during the day in which he never moved) his respiration was very high, very labored, and very noisy. He refused food (strange) and water (even more concerning). He was coughing, choking and gagging. The vet came to the house. It was a peaceful passing but I am gutted.
This past year....hoping, praying, some of the most dedicated and hardest working vets I have ever come across, and divine connections got him into partial remission. The vet who came to the house tonight has shined in so many ways in our lives, and tonight was really one of them. Unfortunately, this cancer (cutaneous lymphosarcoma) is a b*tch and very little is known about it, even in humans. His remission faded, and his respiration began to suffer and was heading towards agonal and drowning in his own fluid. I couldn't let him go through that.

TACh. CW-SRA Lazy G's Best Kept Secret, CGC,CL2-R, TAM, TMAG, CW-Ob3, AR, ZR-1 was his name, but everyone knew him as Tag. Tag loved me, cats, food, and agility in that order. He was the perfect dog. And now that perfect dog's soul is where he belongs...in the Perfect Place. I hate cancer so much. I am so lucky to be the Chosen One to love and protect and care for him during his time on this Earth.
I love you, Tag.
O dear am SO sorry. No way could Tag have had a better, more considerate owner.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
How good is the product called "Kids'N' Pets Stain and Odor Remover ? I have just finished extracting my staircase carpet and have a fan running for drying out the carpet. Should one treatment be enough ?
What are you cleaning up? If It’s something like cat urine, your cleaning product needs to be enzyme based and really needs to soak into padding. Even with that you might need to treat more than once. Cat puke and general dirt once should be enough.

vansX2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What are you cleaning up? If It’s something like cat urine, your cleaning product needs to be enzyme based and really needs to soak into padding. Even with that you might need to treat more than once. Cat puke and general dirt once should be enough.
A couple of the steps had Cat urine smell. I poured about 13 Oz. Of Kids 'N' Pet Stain & Odor Remover into my extractor mixed with Hot wwater. I ran a fan in the stairwell most of the afternoon and evening. Not sure if any of the smell still lingers. Perhaps I should buy a Gallon of this product to keep on hand.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
So sorry iPappy iPappy . :sniffle:

vansX2 vansX2 I keep a jug of Natures Miracle and Rocco & Roxy cleaners around for just in case. When Noodles was on a diuretic there were a few accidents because she couldn’t get to the box fast enough. Now I have to keep puppy pads under the litter boxes because Mooch can’t squat as well… They’ve come in handy! And I’d rather stay prepared than not. I have a little black light flashlight too.

vansX2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So sorry iPappy iPappy . :sniffle:

vansX2 vansX2 I keep a jug of Natures Miracle and Rocco & Roxy cleaners around for just in case. When Noodles was on a diuretic there were a few accidents because she couldn’t get to the box fast enough. Now I have to keep puppy pads under the litter boxes because Mooch can’t squat as well… They’ve come in handy! And I’d rather stay prepared than not. I have a little black light flashlight too.
Thanks for your input. A few minutes ago I took the plunge and purchased a gallon of Kids 'N' Pets, from Chewy. I'm happy that I happen to own a portable extractor.

Status
Not open for further replies.