What's on your Mind Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

Margot Lane

Kitten at heart, not a Top Cat
Top Cat
Purraise
cats is playing next month at the pantages theater the sad thing is. for a place thats been there so long they offer no disabled/wheelchair accessible seating.:rolleyes3:so gf and i will spend our money elsewhere at a disabled friendly theater to watch the young frankenstein musical instead
Makes me so mad! I’d bet YF is better tho anyway. The poetry the Cats musical is based on is much better and cheaper (free, from a library). Outrageous though: I hope they are reading your comment. I’d sign a petition.

Margot Lane

Kitten at heart, not a Top Cat
Top Cat
Purraise
…Zorro is trying to get me to turn in early. This happens every night. :rolleyes: He needs his nightly snorgle session on my foot to go to sleep. I’m glad nobody can hear me arguing, as if we were Oscar and Felix.

Mighty Orange

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I bought a cat exercise wheel. It's like a hamster wheel, but it's 47 inches round. I wanted to try and see if my cats would enjoy the ability to run.
Cat wheel

I will let you know how it goes. Furthermore, I'm sort of expecting the Thai chocolate Suphilak to love it. He's a dark brown panther and runs like the wind.

iPappy

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I have one similar to that. It was gifted to me by a wonderful friend who had Bengals that loved it years ago. My cats are older and don't use it much, but I catch Eva "going for a walk" every morning.
One day I heard a loud whirring noise that sounded similar to a washing machine on spin cycle. The washer wasn't on and I jumped up and looked around. I could see a fraction of the wheel down the hallway, and it was spinning VERY fast. She shot out of there like a cannon. Her tail was poofed up but it didn't stop her from using it again!

iPappy

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
i had a bad night last night ! some homeless boy knocked on my door and woke up from a rather nice rest and then i got very sick to my stomach and had trouble resting after that
That had to be upsetting. I hope you can get some good rest tonight.

iPappy

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Enjoying The perhaps the last heat from Summer today. Temperature Reads 90F on my deck.
Our last heatwave will be tomorrow. 90 degrees, humid, and storms. Then Thursday it will dip down and the high is in the 60's and that trend looks like it will continue. I'm anxious to open the windows and turn off the AC. I'm also anxious to get outside and knock the knee high weeds down from my brand new much neglected catio :(

vansX2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Our last heatwave will be tomorrow. 90 degrees, humid, and storms. Then Thursday it will dip down and the high is in the 60's and that trend looks like it will continue. I'm anxious to open the windows and turn off the AC. I'm also anxious to get outside and knock the knee high weeds down from my brand new much neglected catio :(
Your to receive the heat that I experienced today. Actually It wasn't To bad as the humidity Seemed low. Wednesday's high is expected to be only in the mid 60's. I haven't had my Central air on for over 1 month. The weather overall has been very decent For August/September .

iPappy

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Your to receive the heat that I experienced today. Actually It wasn't To bad as the humidity Seemed low. Wednesday's high is expected to be only in the mid 60's. I haven't had my Central air on for over 1 month. The weather overall has been very decent For August/September .
I see you're in Iowa, and I'm in Ohio and that pattern is pretty normal :)
I've kept the AC on for a few reasons, but I'm ready to kick it off. This house needs some fresh air after this summer.

vansX2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I see you're in Iowa, and I'm in Ohio and that pattern is pretty normal :)
I've kept the AC on for a few reasons, but I'm ready to kick it off. This house needs some fresh air after this summer.
I'm hoping that there's a long "indian summer" at least till Thanksgiving . I'd be fine with "No Snow" this year.

Graceful-Lily

Extraterrestrial Being
Top Cat
Purraise
Wondering if my driving teacher is a creep. We had a 2-hour lesson before my G2 test and he kept asking where we were going to celebrate and then pausing as if waiting for a serious response and then when I said nothing, he said he was joking. He'd ask me where I want to go and if I'd like to go out for drinks or food. He did this about 7 times, but I brushed it off because he regularly jokes around with me. He had told me before that I'm one of the best students he has had so he wanted to take a picture of me for his Instagram. So, after I had got my licence and he took me back home, he took the picture and I had to go back into his car to sign some papers because we completed all my lessons. As I was getting out, he says, "You have my number if you ever wanna go out for drinks or something...". And I laughed and got out of the car and walked away quickly and didn't look back. Later in the day, I wanted to show my mom the picture he took so I asked him to send it to me because it still wasn't on his Instagram account (and there weren't a lot of pictures up on there anyway). He flat out told me no and that the only way I was getting the photo is if I get drinks with him. And then there was a pause when I didn't respond and then he said "just kidding" again but didn't send the photo still and sent another message that was still not the photo, so I blocked him. It made me extremely uncomfortable and triggered me because I've had something like this happen before where a man was pushy and making unwanted advances. This is a small town so I'm afraid I'll bump into him again. I've told my boyfriend and his mother, and they both agree that this kind of behaviour was inappropriate. It's just hard to wrap my head around it because I didn't expect this from him and hoped he wasn't like this. And now I'm second guessing every interaction we've ever had. Like when we first met and he kept asking me how old I am and what kind of alcohol I like (at the time, I told him that I'm not a huge alcohol drinker and rarely drink at all). The kicker is he's married and has 2 children. He talked about his wife as if they are still together.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
Wondering if my driving teacher is a creep. We had a 2-hour lesson before my G2 test and he kept asking where we were going to celebrate and then pausing as if waiting for a serious response and then when I said nothing, he said he was joking. He'd ask me where I want to go and if I'd like to go out for drinks or food. He did this about 7 times, but I brushed it off because he regularly jokes around with me. He had told me before that I'm one of the best students he has had so he wanted to take a picture of me for his Instagram. So, after I had got my licence and he took me back home, he took the picture and I had to go back into his car to sign some papers because we completed all my lessons. As I was getting out, he says, "You have my number if you ever wanna go out for drinks or something...". And I laughed and got out of the car and walked away quickly and didn't look back. Later in the day, I wanted to show my mom the picture he took so I asked him to send it to me because it still wasn't on his Instagram account (and there weren't a lot of pictures up on there anyway). He flat out told me no and that the only way I was getting the photo is if I get drinks with him. And then there was a pause when I didn't respond and then he said "just kidding" again but didn't send the photo still and sent another message that was still not the photo, so I blocked him. It made me extremely uncomfortable and triggered me because I've had something like this happen before where a man was pushy and making unwanted advances. This is a small town so I'm afraid I'll bump into him again. I've told my boyfriend and his mother, and they both agree that this kind of behaviour was inappropriate. It's just hard to wrap my head around it because I didn't expect this from him and hoped he wasn't like this. And now I'm second guessing every interaction we've ever had. Like when we first met and he kept asking me how old I am and what kind of alcohol I like (at the time, I told him that I'm not a huge alcohol drinker and rarely drink at all). The kicker is he's married and has 2 children. He talked about his wife as if they are still together.
”Just Kidding” is the line they always use and yes, it sounds like he was hoping you might be interested in more than just driving lessons. Unfortunately being married isn’t a barrier for some. I would just ignore the guy and forget about him. If you bump into him, treat him like you would a stranger but if he should ever ask why you blocked him (doubt he will because it has probably happened with others) just tell him he was making you uncomfortable.

Status
Not open for further replies.