What's on your Mind Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Right. The north is just way less buggy than the south. I fuss when I come across a spider in the house.
The summer between my junior and senior year of high school we attended a Latin convention in Tallahassee. Florida's summer bugs...especially on a college campus... :running: We were properly dramatic about it.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
thats why cats are great indoor pets to have anything that moves gets played with to death or given to the human to squish :lol:
Back when Mooch and Noodles were kittens and young adults DH and I had a single-wide trailer. The cat tree was in front of a window almost right across from the door and there were a love seat and chair on either side; so the girls were around there a lot. One day Noodles saw a fly come in and head straight for the opposite wall and she had it as soon as it hit the wall. That fly didn't know what hit it. It probably barely realized it had come inside. :lol:

Now Mooch can't be bothered. Sometimes she looks irritated with us for making a racket trying to get a bug out. :rolleyes2:

Margot Lane

Kitten at heart, not a Top Cat
Top Cat
Purraise
Back when Mooch and Noodles were kittens and young adults DH and I had a single-wide trailer. The cat tree was in front of a window almost right across from the door and there were a love seat and chair on either side; so the girls were around there a lot. One day Noodles saw a fly come in and head straight for the opposite wall and she had it as soon as it hit the wall. That fly didn't know what hit it. It probably barely realized it had come inside. :lol:

Now Mooch can't be bothered. Sometimes she looks irritated with us for making a racket trying to get a bug out. :rolleyes2:
Ahhh, but you can learn from the master! Zorro can’t be bothered now either BUT, having studied him, anticipation is the key. If you can, in your mind, guess where the fly is going to go juuuust before you hit him w/ the swatter, you can usually get the thing in one, with a nice light rap, like a cat’s paw. Zorro usually watches me, intrigued.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
The summer between my junior and senior year of high school we attended a Latin convention in Tallahassee. Florida's summer bugs...especially on a college campus... :running: We were properly dramatic about it.
Yes, I used to have to travel to Miami for business 3-4 times a year. The place we stayed was an upscale hotel, really beautiful. But it always smelled like bug spray first thing in the morning and occasionally you opened a drawer or a cabinet and a big old palmetto bug (very large roach) would be scurrying. Never got used to it.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Ahhh, but you can learn from the master! Zorro can’t be bothered now either BUT, having studied him, anticipation is the key. If you can, in your mind, guess where the fly is going to go juuuust before you hit him w/ the swatter, you can usually get the thing in one, with a nice light rap, like a cat’s paw. Zorro usually watches me, intrigued.
If only I could leap over furniture like they do too. :lol:
Yes, I used to have to travel to Miami for business 3-4 times a year. The place we stayed was an upscale hotel, really beautiful. But it always smelled like bug spray first thing in the morning and occasionally you opened a drawer or a cabinet and a big old palmetto bug (very large roach) would be scurrying. Never got used to it.
My stepmother got stuck at her hotel down there because an iguana decided to sun himself on her rental car and wasn’t leaving. :flail:She had to reschedule her work meetings!

iPappy

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
thats why cats are great indoor pets to have anything that moves gets played with to death or given to the human to squish :lol:
There was a dramatic incident the other day involving 6 cats, one fly, two huge spilled water bowls and two spilled bowls of dry kibble. Despite that, the fly got away. 😂

game misconduct

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
There was a dramatic incident the other day involving 6 cats, one fly, two huge spilled water bowls and two spilled bowls of dry kibble. Despite that, the fly got away. 😂
that must have been fun to watch 6 cats tearing around the place chasing a fly :rolleyes:until it came time to clean up

iPappy

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
that must have been fun to watch 6 cats tearing around the place chasing a fly :rolleyes:until it came time to clean up
The fly, or another fly was back tonight and two of the cats went crazy. One leapt up and missed the food and water bowls at least, but came down and did the paw hold on the floor thing for several minutes thinking he'd caught it. He didn't. That fly must be bionic!

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm trying to decide between 2 cakes DD wants to make for me so I'm trying to decide if I can combine recipes. After looking through the whole cookbook she gave me to look at I'm either wanting the Lemon Bundt cake with raspberry added; or the chocolate rum bundt cake has a raspberry rum glaze covered by a chocolate glaze. :dunno:

Lemon Raspberry sounds even better than plain lemon. So I'm wondering if I can take the raspberry rum glaze and pour it over the lemon cake. Followed by the chocolate glaze. Or should I just try to find a regular raspberry glaze or way of adding raspberry to the lemon cake. I can bake just fine; but I don't usually experiment quite like this. Plus I need to get the ingredients for her. ;)

Wondering how long I can lie on my back with a cat on my stomach. Must. Hold. Position.
It depends on things like your bladder capacity, hydration and tolerance for pain. 🤪

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
Hope to get some replanting of potted perennials into the ground before freezing temperatures arrive. This morning the temperature is 46F. So winter is not far away.
I have also been working on the fall to do list. We could have a couple more months or just a few weeks left of good weather, you don’t know. I hate sitting through a long winter thinking about the stuff you didn’t get done and now can’t until spring.

vansX2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have also been working on the fall to do list. We could have a couple more months or just a few weeks left of good weather, you don’t know. I hate sitting through a long winter thinking about the stuff you didn’t get done and now can’t until spring.
I agree. Yesterday I removed some ugly Hosta's beneath my Clump Birch tree. And replaced them with Two Columbine plants and added Crocus bulbs. I Want some cheerful colors for next spring.
This fall season may escape us quickly.

Last edited:

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
This is why God made brooms.
I think the hotel told her they weren’t supposed to touch them or disturb them. I kept thinking the locals must! :dunno:
:biggrin:i need to purchase one of those frying pan egg mold things(as next kitchen tool) so i can make a proper mc donalds style egg mcmuffin:rolleyes:the one i made earlier with a thomas english muffin turned out so messy:lol:
I have a little 4” frying pan for my eggs. I use it every day but I’m hoping to find one with a lid. I’ve been cooking 1 egg with some pico de gallo and adding some liquid egg whites to the top for a little thicker egg. Its just hard to flip it. If I had a lid I think trapping the heat would let me avoid needing to flip it. So its a little work; But SO tasty!

Status
Not open for further replies.