What's for dinner?

Status
Not open for further replies.

feralvr

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
New recipe I wanted to try for a spinach braciole - primal recipe, no bread, no dairy.  Made a homemade marinara sauce using frozen tomatoes (last of) from our garden last year, and had fresh spinach from our garden to use in the filling :)
:drool: REALLY - sounds heavenly. I am crazy for spinach anything actually.

Broiled halibut, green beans, red potatoes. Simple, easy and quick. :nod:

spudsmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Elk steak here. Lean, tasty meat. Thank you Fred (Nugent)!! I think some of the last of our frozen corn and maybe some baked sweet potatos. Gotta get a good homemade meal in the man tonight. Tomorrow is P.T. and it's a toss of the coin to how I will feel after that, which reflects the dinner menu.

david's steph

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
homemade vegetable Thai stirfry! - easy!  simmerred with a can of coconut milk, tons of Thai green chili paste, broccoli, carrots, cauliflower (all together in a frozen bag) potatoes, onions, chick peas, soy sauce, toasted sesame oil drizzled on top.. all over brown rice, so good and FILLING (I also add some garlicky hot sauce),,

Last edited:

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
I had two tortillas with cheese. I had a tooth extracted today unexpectedly.. so I couldn't eat much.
I love to eat so the next few days will be hard.
Hope you're feeling better!

We're making vegetarian taco salads tonight. It's been ages since we had taco salads.

feralvr

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I am going to try a new recipe from the local paper. Orange - Wild Rice Salad with smoked turkey. Have to get to the store soon for the ingredients! :wavey:

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
I am going to try a new recipe from the local paper. Orange - Wild Rice Salad with smoked turkey. Have to get to the store soon for the ingredients! :wavey:
That sounds interesting!

Boring eggs, turkey sausage and english muffins here again. :lol3:

miagi's_mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks I am feeling tons better. :) We had homemade goulash my mom made. So yummy!

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
We just had goulash last week. Good comfort food. Glad you're feeling better.

Took boneless pork chops out of the freezer last night. I don't know what I'm going to do with them yet.

feralvr

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
That sounds interesting!
It was awful according to Larry. :rolleyes: :wife: I actually loved it! He said that fruit (oranges) and turkey do not go together. He ate it anyway bless his heart. :lol3:

Liquids for me today :rolleyes: - I keep repeating myself on this one today - :lol3: - the darn C-scope tomorrow. :nothappy: :slant:

Last edited:

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
Maybe you can make it again next time he is out of town. :lol3:

WE are having chicken tortilla soup.

pat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
REALLY - sounds heavenly. I am crazy for spinach anything actually.

Broiled halibut, green beans, red potatoes. Simple, easy and quick.
It was pretty good - my proportions of spinach were off (was adjusting the recipe), and imo, it needs some cheese - I have NO intention of ever giving up dairy..lol..and maybe some prosciutto. :)

Last edited:

pat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Tonight I'm making basil-garlic boneless, skinless chicken breast strips for me, and a fav of my husbands for him where I make a sauce with butter, garlic and Frank's hot sauce, apply over the chicken strips I cut from chicken breast, and bake.
Big salad from our garden, and if I stay ambitious today, roasted cauliflower.  Dessert - either a chai almond bumble bar, or an Oikos full fat yogurt.

Last edited:

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
Tonight I'm making basil-garlic boneless, skinless chicken breast strips for me, and a fav of my husbands for him where I make a sauce with butter, garlic and Frank's hot sauce, apply over the chicken strips I cut from chicken breast, and bake.

Big salad from our garden, and if I stay ambitious today, roasted cauliflower.  Dessert - either a chai almond bumble bar, or an Oikos full fat yogurt.

That sounds delicious!

I had a groupon for a palce that does super thin crust gourmet pizzas that you can order as take and bake. I froze two of them. I think I will thaw one and bake it for tonight and we"ll have a salad on the side. I had picked up a container of marinated mozzarella, sun dried tomatoes and parsley. Today I ran intto the store and bought arugula, roasted red peppers and pine nuts. I'll mix those all together with maybe some balsamic vinegar.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
We need to get rid of the leftovers from yesterday. There's not much left as we sent quite a bit home with Rick's parents and then with my sister and BIL, but what we do have needs to be gone. A few chicken wings, some mac salad and a very small container of baked beans. And the little bit of ice cream that's in the freezer.

Last edited:

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
I had a groupon for a palce that does super thin crust gourmet pizzas that you can order as take and bake. I froze two of them. I think I will thaw one and bake it for tonight and we"ll have a salad on the side. I had picked up a container of marinated mozzarella, sun dried tomatoes and parsley. Today I ran intto the store and bought arugula, roasted red peppers and pine nuts. I'll mix those all together with maybe some balsamic vinegar.
We'll be having a replay of this tonight. The salad came out delicious!

pat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Having large salad from our garden, a grilled ribeye, and I'm making Saag Paneer (recipe from Next Food Network Star winner from several years ago - Aarti Sequeira). For dessert, a homemade gluten-free Scone with butter.

david's steph

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Eggplant parmigiana (sans mozzerella) - my mum made homemade :)  (gave me a plate to take home after visiting with her) to die for!

Status
Not open for further replies.