What's for dinner?

Status
Not open for further replies.

spiderplant

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
The same thing we have almost every night: quinoa or brown rice, broccoli with brussels sprouts, kale, or spinach seasoned with garlic, Braggs aminos, chili sauce, and cayenne. Possibly some faux "chicken" as well.

miagi's_mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I had two tortillas with cheese. I had a tooth extracted today unexpectedly.. so I couldn't eat much.
I love to eat so the next few days will be hard.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Busy this morning....

I have shredded BBQ beef in the oven now for sandwiches tonight. It's a chuck roast baking in a BBQ sauce. It takes 4 hours to cook; when it's done, I'll shred it for the sandwiches. Made a bowl of black bean and farfelle pasta salad as a side.....it's a new recipe that sounded pretty good and it tastes good, so it should be fine with the beef.

Remember a few weeks ago I mentioned that I had some chocolate cupcakes in the freezer? I got them out and frosted them with some French Silk  frosting. We'll have a couple of those for dessert.

And I made some mint tea this morning, too.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Chicken Cordon Bleu....made an easier way (yes I'm cheating). This method is from Cook's Country.

Instead of flattening the chicken breast and rolling the breast with the ham and cheese tucked inside, you slice into the breast, creating a pocket (like you would to fill a pork chop). Then you roll the slice of ham around the shredded cheese mixture and tuck two slices into the breast pocket. You smooth out the breast, then chill them for 25 minutes. Dredge and roll in crumbs. And bake.

We'll see how it works. I've got two chicken breasts thawing now.

dejolane

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Since our car isn't working and our daughter will be driving past our house  she is bringing us dinner, and I want Wendy's or Pizza.

Last edited:

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
I took some salmon for Aaron and some scallops for me out of the freezer and we will have them with Caesar salads. Since the rain has already started (earlier than expected) looks like I won't be grilling the seafood.

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
I think it is going to be eggs, english muffins and turkey sausage.

Last edited:

pat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
New recipe I wanted to try for a spinach braciole - primal recipe, no bread, no dairy.  Made a homemade marinara sauce using frozen tomatoes (last of) from our garden last year, and had fresh spinach from our garden to use in the filling :)

Status
Not open for further replies.