What's For Dinner? - 2024

lizzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have a meatloaf in the oven right now...thinking of making some mac and cheese to go with.Harry's not feeling the best today so I may be eating alone,in which case I might make a meatloaf sandwich and be done with it.Sure smells good though!

lizzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I hope Harry feels better and can enjoy the meatloaf soon. :crossfingers:

I made individual veggie pizzas for both of us. As usual mine had more veggies on top. :biggrin: Yasso mocha chocolate chip bars for dessert.
He actually went to bed and took a nap,got up and felt a bit better.I had bread that I baked today,made him a sandwich and he did eat.It was yummy.He had me worried!

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
Had an amazing vegetarian meal yesterday! I live in an Independent living Senior building. We have a Rabbi in here. She is from Jerusalem and is a vegetarian. She decided to begin cooking classes, every 2 weeks.
This week it was a rice and lentil mix with some Israeli Salad. This had a tahini dressing. OMG< it was so good! She made a pot of it earlier and made another pot during the class. Everyone loved it.

A month ago, she made some Israel Lentil soup. Again, delish!

The only problem is, the lentils she uses are very hard to find. Pink for one dish and Beluga for the other. But they do taste different. One purely dissolves in the soup. The other stays whole, but is like little pearls of caviar. That is why it is called Beluga.
The Tahini is another story. It is also hard to get, but she gave us substitutes for that brand.

I took some extra food home, to nibble on, later in the day! Delish!

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Husband had a tooth extracted yesterday so no hard food for him. Luckily I was making bacon cheeseburger tater tot casserole for dinner so everything was soft. Supposed to be having nachos tonight but he will probably opt for soft tacos instead.

lizzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I made a small bowl of macaroni salad today,and he said he wanted meatloaf sandwiches again....on toast.He ended up not being very hungry so had half a sandwich and a little mac salad.He then went to bed.So,here's the deal with this.He needs a hip replaced...the right is bone on bone,he's in quite a bit of pain,but we have to get cardiac clearance before they'll do that.His ekg showed he's back in afib again,so he had an echo done, had the 24 hr. monitor as he has low heart beats per minute....the cardiologist wants to know exactly how low it gets.Now we wait til next week to get all the results.In the meantime,he's not feeling the best,not sleeping worth a hoot and it's getting him down.We could be looking at a pacemaker,and we're fine with that if they will just do it so we can get on with the rest.In the meantime,I'm worried.Very.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
We could be looking at a pacemaker,and we're fine with that if they will just do it so we can get on with the rest.In the meantime,I'm worried.Very.
Fingers and paws crossed for your hubby. :crossfingers: I hope he gets clearance for a hip replacement but if they approve getting a pacemaker I hope that helps his cardiac issues. I'm sure you're very worried and will keep you both in my prayers. 🙏 :vibes:🙏🙏:vibes:

Steamed veggies with falafel for me tonight - a roast beef sandwich with melted swiss on a wheat roll and curly fries for DH. Honeycrisp apple for dessert.

lizzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Fingers and paws crossed for your hubby. :crossfingers: I hope he gets clearance for a hip replacement but if they approve getting a pacemaker I hope that helps his cardiac issues. I'm sure you're very worried and will keep you both in my prayers. 🙏 :vibes:🙏🙏:vibes:

Steamed veggies with falafel for me tonight - a roast beef sandwich with melted swiss on a wheat roll and curly fries for DH. Honeycrisp apple for dessert.
Thank you ever so much!

Bri5

Seek justice, love mercy, walk humbly.
Alpha Cat
Purraise
We got an Every Plate order this week. Monday was steak and mushroom quesadillas with a side of zucchini. Tuesday was Cuban beans and rice bowls. Tonight I think we will do the BBQ pineapple pizzas with a side salad. As an aside, these are the only pizzas we like pineapple on. ;)

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Happy Birthday to Mr. Klunick! :celebrate:

lizzie lizzie Harry is always in my thoughts. :hugs:

Last night, since Rick bowled, we had our standard "It's not delivery, it's DiGiorno's".

I just finished making a bowl of macaroni salad. Working on iced tea. And we're doing BBQed pork country ribs in the NFG. I really, really wanted potato salad; I just love potato salad. Alas, not allowed potatoes right now. Pasta it is!

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
It's my monthly night out with friends from when our kids were young and in after school activities together. We take turns choosing a place to go and tonight it's Chinese. I usually order garden vegetables with tofu but I might get moo shu vegetable instead. :dunno: