What's For Dinner? - 2024

Kwik

Animals are Blessings
Top Cat
Purraise
I made a small bowl of macaroni salad today,and he said he wanted meatloaf sandwiches again....on toast.He ended up not being very hungry so had half a sandwich and a little mac salad.He then went to bed.So,here's the deal with this.He needs a hip replaced...the right is bone on bone,he's in quite a bit of pain,but we have to get cardiac clearance before they'll do that.His ekg showed he's back in afib again,so he had an echo done, had the 24 hr. monitor as he has low heart beats per minute....the cardiologist wants to know exactly how low it gets.Now we wait til next week to get all the results.In the meantime,he's not feeling the best,not sleeping worth a hoot and it's getting him down.We could be looking at a pacemaker,and we're fine with that if they will just do it so we can get on with the rest.In the meantime,I'm worried.Very.
Praying for your hubby and for your Comfort and Peace❤❤❤

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Thank you so much Kwik.I'm trying to keep my worries in check,but there are days when it's hard.We have a week to go before we know the score and game plan.
From my parents, and now, in my 70s, myself, I so understand the worry and frustration that happens when one medical issue gets in the way of treating another! I'm keeping you both "tucked in my sleeve" for extra prayers!
00LitCandle.jpeg

Lunch will be either an omelet, scrambled eggs with English muffin, or taquitos. I'll play it by ear. Dinner will be a hamburger patty, mashed potatoes and corn.

lizzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
From my parents, and now, in my 70s, myself, I so understand the worry and frustration that happens when one medical issue gets in the way of treating another! I'm keeping you both "tucked in my sleeve" for extra prayers!
View attachment 472317

Lunch will be either an omelet, scrambled eggs with English muffin, or taquitos. I'll play it by ear. Dinner will be a hamburger patty, mashed potatoes and corn.
Thank you so much!

lizzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Happy Birthday to Mr. Klunick! :celebrate:

lizzie lizzie Harry is always in my thoughts. :hugs:

Last night, since Rick bowled, we had our standard "It's not delivery, it's DiGiorno's".

I just finished making a bowl of macaroni salad. Working on iced tea. And we're doing BBQed pork country ribs in the NFG. I really, really wanted potato salad; I just love potato salad. Alas, not allowed potatoes right now. Pasta it is!
Thank you ever so much!

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
I made a small bowl of macaroni salad today,and he said he wanted meatloaf sandwiches again....on toast.He ended up not being very hungry so had half a sandwich and a little mac salad.He then went to bed.So,here's the deal with this.He needs a hip replaced...the right is bone on bone,he's in quite a bit of pain,but we have to get cardiac clearance before they'll do that.His ekg showed he's back in afib again,so he had an echo done, had the 24 hr. monitor as he has low heart beats per minute....the cardiologist wants to know exactly how low it gets.Now we wait til next week to get all the results.In the meantime,he's not feeling the best,not sleeping worth a hoot and it's getting him down.We could be looking at a pacemaker,and we're fine with that if they will just do it so we can get on with the rest.In the meantime,I'm worried.Very.
I am going to add hubby, Mr Lizzie, to my prayer list... and you also... I understand completely how you are feeling. My dad had many issues; including A-Fib. It was controlled by medication.

Also, a belated Happy Birthday to Mr. Klunick...

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Happy Birthday to Mr. Klunick! :celebrate:

lizzie lizzie Harry is always in my thoughts. :hugs:

Last night, since Rick bowled, we had our standard "It's not delivery, it's DiGiorno's".

I just finished making a bowl of macaroni salad. Working on iced tea. And we're doing BBQed pork country ribs in the NFG. I really, really wanted potato salad; I just love potato salad. Alas, not allowed potatoes right now. Pasta it is!
I'm sure he'd appreciate all the well wishes on his birthday. Turned the big 5-9 which depresses the heck out of him. :lol:

I gave him his birthday present the day before because I couldn't wait any longer. It was one of those memorial night lights for your pets. When we lost our cat Comrade in February 2020, it devastated my husband. He and Comrade were best buddies. When I saw the night lights advertised, I knew I wanted to get him one. I think it made him cry a little.

Yesterday was pretty low key. Oldest is in NJ for work so it was just me, him, and youngest. After dinner, we had cake and ice cream.

catapault

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Loin lamb chops seared in cast iron skillet. Plated, covered with tin foil, set aside in very low oven. Made sauce: sauteed thin sliced scallions and onion. Smashed up juniper berries in small mortar, added to pan with a pinch of salt. Added white vermouth. When it was reduced, added a knob of butter to thicken and flavor. Plated chops, added sauce. Instant mashed potatoes. Microwave steamed fresh broccoli. Nice meal.

Thought Mr Poe was going to climb into the pan after the chops. So after dinner I gave some scraps to both cats. Domino was not interested, so Poe happily ate both shares.

lizzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have 2 loaves of what I hope will be a knock off of rye bread rising in the kitchen,and he asked if we could have bacon and eggs for dinner tonight.I'm thinking it won't be long before they go in the oven so fresh bread toasted to have with dinner.Yum!

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Last night, we had chicken in the NFG, seasoned with Florida seasoned pepper (no salt, from Penzey), along with a bit of macaroni salad.
For tonight, I made two small tuna loaves. Green beans with Tuscan sunset seasoning (no salt, from Penzey) and a wee pat of butter. Lemonade/decaf iced tea.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
I was in the mood for breakfast for dinner so I made scrambled eggs with zucchini, green onion, red & green pepper, spinach and swiss cheese. DH is not a big fan of eggs so he had a chicken kiev with rice and baby carrots. Coffee cake muffin for dessert.

Kwik

Animals are Blessings
Top Cat
Purraise
Lari Lari I'm always up for a burger!

Tonight's menu is meat loaf with my version of brown rice pilaf. Thinking corn for us, along with a small bowl of Harvard beets for me. Depending on how lazy I am, I may make a bit of bread pudding for dessert.
I think I'd like a burger tonight!It's the only way this body ever gets any beef- lol Well done burger with the works but I don't want to make it,maybe I'll send someone to the diner to get me one- well see who's available today,if anyone

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
I'm making a roast for DH tonight with onion roasted potatoes, it's his favorite. The weather is cold and there's a possibility of snow so it will be the perfect meal. I think I'm having vegetable soup with some pasta noodles added in. If I have time I might bake for dessert.

Emmypeps

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I'm making a roast for DH tonight with onion roasted potatoes, it's his favorite. The weather is cold and there's a possibility of snow so it will be the perfect meal. I think I'm having vegetable soup with some pasta noodles added in. If I have time I might bake for dessert.
That sounds INCREDIBLE!!
also wish it was cold here, summer is rapidly approaching 😫