What's For Dinner? - 2024

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
How do you make your pork chops usually?
Your wish...

Mamanyt's Pork Chop Bake

4 pork chops
2 potatoes, medium to large, peeled & sliced ½” thick
2 onions, peeled & sliced ½” thick
¼ C milk
Salt and pepper to taste

Preheat oven to 375°

Place potatoes and onions in greased baking dish, layering. Top with seasoned chops. Pour milk evenly over all. Cover with foil and bake x 1 hour, or until potatoes and onions are tender, and chops are cooked through.

You can, of course, reduce this by using just two chops, one potato and one onion. Leaves you leftovers for another meal. And, BTW, season those chops any way you like! I generally add Mr. Cavender's Greek Seasoning, which I love. The thing is, the drippings from the chops work their way down through the potatoes and onions, flavoring them, as well. Easy, and yummy!

Lunch today will be taquitos, and dinner will be...um...chicken patty, mashed potatoes, and field peas and snaps.

Kwik

Animals are Blessings
Top Cat
Purraise
Your wish...

Mamanyt's Pork Chop Bake

4 pork chops
2 potatoes, medium to large, peeled & sliced ½” thick
2 onions, peeled & sliced ½” thick
¼ C milk
Salt and pepper to taste

Preheat oven to 375°

Place potatoes and onions in greased baking dish, layering. Top with seasoned chops. Pour milk evenly over all. Cover with foil and bake x 1 hour, or until potatoes and onions are tender, and chops are cooked through.

You can, of course, reduce this by using just two chops, one potato and one onion. Leaves you leftovers for another meal. And, BTW, season those chops any way you like! I generally add Mr. Cavender's Greek Seasoning, which I love. The thing is, the drippings from the chops work their way down through the potatoes and onions, flavoring them, as well. Easy, and yummy!

Lunch today will be taquitos, and dinner will be...um...chicken patty, mashed potatoes, and field peas and snaps.
Yay!Thank you❤last night sent a neighbor friend over to Walmart to get Cavender Greek seasoning which I never heard of and some milk which I never have and only buy for certain recipes -she found a "sale" pack of 4pork chops and having " Mamany Pork Chop Bake" tonight ,can't wait for dinner!

I always bread my pork chops and nake or sometimes just George Foreman ..... of course I also traditionally simmer them in tomato sauce where they just melt in your mouth but waiting 5 hrs for a pot of sauce for just myself is few and far between & then I always freeze like 10 Tupperwares with a chop ,a sausage & a meatball with sauce for one plate of pasta- 3 months later I do it again- lol

I'm gonna throw in a sliced red bell pepper with the onions and potatoes -love my Mamany dishes❤❤❤

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Last night, I finally had my Reuben! Yum! It was decadent. I used provolone instead of Swiss cheese.

Brought up two chicken thighs, two legs, and two breasts from the freezer. I'll cook them down to make chicken corn soup. With rivals. Some kind of muffins to go with.

Kwik

Animals are Blessings
Top Cat
Purraise
I ended up getting over ruled so no Roy Rogers last night. Maybe tonight or maybe Arby's. Knowing my husband, it will be Arby's. :lol:
I tried that smokehouse brisket at Arby's and it was very tastey- they sure could put some more meat in that sandwich though,especially for the whopping price.... very skimpy to my disappointment and surprise,Arby's packs the 'artificial roast beef ,yes sir"! Lol

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Got snowed in today. But yesterday Dad & I went to another Chinese buffet for lunch. He loved it. They confirmed that the fried dumplings I've been eating do indeed have pork in them! Dang. But the vegetable spring rolls are vegetarian. Not sure why that lady at the other buffet said they weren't.

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I tried that smokehouse brisket at Arby's and it was very tastey- they sure could put some more meat in that sandwich though,especially for the whopping price.... very skimpy to my disappointment and surprise,Arby's packs the 'artificial roast beef ,yes sir"! Lol
Whatever they use, don't care. It's tasty and I don't have to cook that night. 🤣

catapault

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The weather being what it was, last night I made a meatloaf. Peeled and parboiled some potatoes, tossed with olive oil and part of a Lipton onion soup packet, then into the oven with the meatloaf. Oh yes, also a sweet potato for me. Steamed some Brussels sprouts for our green veggie.

Nice meal. With leftovers.

So for lunch for Himself I cut up a couple of the potatoes (they're smallish), heated in a cast iron frying pan and topped with a flipped egg.

For dinner tonight I'll make crumbled meatloaf pot pies - crumble meatloaf, par-cook sliced carrots, add some frozen green peas, some frozen corn, some frozen pearl onions, gravy, top with mashed potatoes and bake.

Kwik

Animals are Blessings
Top Cat
Purraise
The weather being what it was, last night I made a meatloaf. Peeled and parboiled some potatoes, tossed with olive oil and part of a Lipton onion soup packet, then into the oven with the meatloaf. Oh yes, also a sweet potato for me. Steamed some Brussels sprouts for our green veggie.

Nice meal. With leftovers.

So for lunch for Himself I cut up a couple of the potatoes (they're smallish), heated in a cast iron frying pan and topped with a flipped egg.

For dinner tonight I'll make crumbled meatloaf pot pies - crumble meatloaf, par-cook sliced carrots, add some frozen green peas, some frozen corn, some frozen pearl onions, gravy, top with mashed potatoes and bake.
Nice- you invented a Shepherds pot pie,sounds yummy👍

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Got snowed in today. But yesterday Dad & I went to another Chinese buffet for lunch. He loved it. They confirmed that the fried dumplings I've been eating do indeed have pork in them! Dang. But the vegetable spring rolls are vegetarian. Not sure why that lady at the other buffet said they weren't.
They might make them differently at different buffets!