What's For Dinner? - 2024

catapault

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Made lamb stock with the bones of the chops we had a couple of days ago, and the bones from the three remaining chops. When finished in about 90 minutes I strained off stock from bones and onion. Set aside.

Sauteed chopped onion and diced carrot. Added barley. Added stock. Covered pot and simmered for 45 minutes.

Added cubed lamb and heated for 15 minutes.

Microwaved bacon on a special tray until crispy.

Dished up barley etc, topped with cut up crispy bacon. And enjoyed.

Kwik

Animals are Blessings
Top Cat
Purraise
Winchester Winchester mentioned " good burger" yesterday & it really got me going,made a couple of calls to see who could go to the diner to get me one- by the time anyone called back I read " baby back ribs" in a different thread by guess who? yep Winchester Winchester !lol

Well,a burger didn't sound so good anymore & I ended up having a hot dog!!!I have to say,it was delicious..... melted cheddar cheese on garlic roasted Naan,sprinkled chopped onions,relish a dab of mustard rolled around that dog and mmmmm good!

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Well, we didn't have the meatloaf last night. Our kids spent the day with us and we had pizza and salads. They said I was not cooking and they were adamant. Works for me. I'm thinking of making the meatloaf tonight and throwing it into the freezer for sandwiches later on. I don't want the ground beef to go to waste.

Tonight will be our corned beef. I'm doing it in the 14-in-1 NF. Pressure-cooked first, then air-fried with a bit of glaze. It is so good in the NF! I've tried corned beef in the crock pot, in the oven, and on the outside grill. Then I did it in Bob's (friend of ours) 10-in-1 NF last year. I'll never do corned beef any other way. If I wouldn't have bought my 14-in-1, I would have borrowed Bob's NF just to do this dinner. It is that good. Dear Richard, who is not a corned beef fan, thought it was excellent, too. You do the cabbage and corned beef first, then add potatoes and carrots and finish the whole thing off.

I'm not doing potatoes or cabbage in the NF, though, just the carrots. Instead, I'm making colcannon, which is essentially mashed potatoes with sauteed cabbage and onions. No dessert. This dinner will be my treat for the week, esp with the potatoes and I'll be careful how much I eat.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
The very last of my Chinese leftovers from dinner with friends last Thursday - I got a total of 3 meals out of it. DH is having withdrawal from not having his turkey burger sandwich so that's what he's having on an onion roll with swiss cheese and tater tots. Honeycrisp apple for dessert.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Instead, I'm making colcannon,
Save me a plate. I'm on my way!

Lunch will be either waffles, or taquitos. SIGH...the taquitos give me a pang, because I don't have to save licks of sour cream for my girl anymore. But the taquitos are still yummy. Dinner will be a chicken patty, mashed potatoes, and corn, okra and tomatoes.

lizzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Had some things to pick up in town today,and I don't feel like he should be going alone these days,so we went together.It was after noon so I picked up a small fried chicken at Wal-Mart.By the time we got home we were starving so had a late lunch amnd had mac salad and some chicken.It was fresh so pretty good.Dinner I had ramen noodles and he wanted peanut butter toast,so there we are.

Kwik

Animals are Blessings
Top Cat
Purraise
Save me a plate. I'm on my way!

Lunch will be either waffles, or taquitos. SIGH...the taquitos give me a pang, because I don't have to save licks of sour cream for my girl anymore. But the taquitos are still yummy. Dinner will be a chicken patty, mashed potatoes, and corn, okra and tomatoes.
Soon as I read waffles I thought of Hek and syrup,taquitos of course her sharing the sour cream--- unforgettable little sweetheart,she brought many smiles to all of us here

You okay? You are deeply loved and always in my prayers ❤🙏

lizzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The leftover sausage,peppers and onions are calling my name today.When I was growing up,my Grandma used to make these wonderful scrambled egg sandwiches on garlic bread with them,chopped up in the scrambled eggs.Sounds to me like that's what is for our dinner!

Kwik

Animals are Blessings
Top Cat
Purraise
The leftover sausage,peppers and onions are calling my name today.When I was growing up,my Grandma used to make these wonderful scrambled egg sandwiches on garlic bread with them,chopped up in the scrambled eggs.Sounds to me like that's what is for our dinner!
Me too! Italian? We mix everything into eggs--lol

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
You okay? You are deeply loved and always in my prayers
I am. But just "ok." "Good" will come in time. And if it doesn't, I fully expect her to haunt me!

Lunch will be waffles, I think. Unless I get a craving for scrambled eggs, which could happen. Dinner will be...um...I think a pork chop with mashed potatoes and some sort of veggie. Field peas and snaps? That sounds good.

Kwik

Animals are Blessings
Top Cat
Purraise
I am. But just "ok." "Good" will come in time. And if it doesn't, I fully expect her to haunt me!

Lunch will be waffles, I think. Unless I get a craving for scrambled eggs, which could happen. Dinner will be...um...I think a pork chop with mashed potatoes and some sort of veggie. Field peas and snaps? That sounds good.
Lol- be the best darn " haunting " one could ever hope for!
I love you my Friend- I'd love some pork chops too and ohhhh do I love mashed potatoes! How do you make your pork chops usually?After that grits casserole I'm hooked on now I'd like MORE of something "Mamany❤

You and Winchester Winchester kill me with your ' what's for dinner" by making me COOK!

Kwik

Animals are Blessings
Top Cat
Purraise
My Dad would be appalled because I just had" Meals on Wheels" lasagna & I liked it very much....He'd say" what kind of Italian eats frozen lasagna"? Rofl

He used to tease me all the time cause in my world Chinese food trumps Italian anyday(& now frozen lasagna!hahaha)