What's For Dinner? - 2024

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
I had my pizza leftovers from the weekend. Got 3 meals out of them so that was pretty good. Spinach salad on the side. DH wanted a turkey burger sandwich on a whole wheat roll with hummus and swiss. Baked potato on the side. Clementines for dessert.

GenCat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Oh goodness the lamb chops were so good. I cooked them medium rare since all the recipes called for that, good thing too because we ate half that night and it was melt in your mouth. The next day my husband wanted fried rice so we got the leftover lamb and threw it in which was amazing in it’s own was because the fat cooked down and added flavor to the rice 🤤

(I’ve been stressed so this is backlog food from days ago lol)

Kwik

Animals are Blessings
Top Cat
Purraise
I had such a blah food day-breakfast is a favorite meal but I just popped in a toaster scrambler,,found out I bought "ready to cook" bacon instead of " ready to eat so after I ate I cooked the whole pack- I'm hooked on microwave bacon nowadays- anything that will keep me from standing on these knees

Lunch was a leftover cheeseburger( awful) and dinner was the most tasteless Salisbury steak I've ever had- even the mashed potatoes were not good.
Meals on Wheels changed over to something else and their" regular" meals are not good so I called & switched to "italian" which is better tasting (I got it one week by accident)

GenCat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I had such a blah food day-breakfast is a favorite meal but I just popped in a toaster scrambler,,found out I bought "ready to cook" bacon instead of " ready to eat so after I ate I cooked the whole pack- I'm hooked on microwave bacon nowadays- anything that will keep me from standing on these knees

Lunch was a leftover cheeseburger( awful) and dinner was the most tasteless Salisbury steak I've ever had- even the mashed potatoes were not good.
Meals on Wheels changed over to something else and their" regular" meals are not good so I called & switched to "italian" which is better tasting (I got it one week by accident)
Sounds like everything needed the bacon from breakfast. I have always loved microwave bacon except for the clean up, but we started cooking it in the oven and I taught my husband how. Teaching him was the best random thing I’ve ever done because for weeks I had English muffin bacon sandwiches 🤤

Kwik

Animals are Blessings
Top Cat
Purraise
Sounds like everything needed the bacon from breakfast. I have always loved microwave bacon except for the clean up, but we started cooking it in the oven and I taught my husband how. Teaching him was the best random thing I’ve ever done because for weeks I had English muffin bacon sandwiches 🤤
Exactly- I needed bacon,wanted bacon and didn't get my bacon! Can you lend me your husband to make the bacon? :flail: :hugs:

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Can anybody tell me how to recreate these fries by looking at the pic? Are they battered? Best most crispiest fries I ever ate! They are open for lunch now on the weekends, so dad and I are going.
FB_IMG_1707251634862.jpg

GenCat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Exactly- I needed bacon,wanted bacon and didn't get my bacon! Can you lend me your husband to make the bacon? :flail: :hugs:
Seems like a bit of a drive to make bacon lol Maybe you can train one of your cats to make it for you? I've noticed my cats are quite good at flinging their meals about 2 feet away using their claws, seems like a good skill for bacon making :tongue:
If you ever move up to Georgia let me know and I'll make it personally :welcomesign:

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
M maggiedemi Did they taste battered? They threw them into the deep fat fryer.

Last night, we had pork chops (I used McCormick's Smokehouse Seasoning) and then threw them in the NFG. Corn with lemon and pepper and I made some Harvard beets for myself. Chocolate brownies for dessert.

Rick got some pasta sauce out of the freezer for today. Plain old spaghetti and meatballs is on the menu.

Kwik

Animals are Blessings
Top Cat
Purraise
Can anybody tell me how to recreate these fries by looking at the pic? Are they battered? Best most crispiest fries I ever ate! They are open for lunch now on the weekends, so dad and I are going.
View attachment 469723
I tried a friend's double deep fry recipe once-they were yummy
start by rinsing potatoes and then coat them with a light layer of cornstarch before frying then season - salt ,pepper,onion & garlic powder & fry them again

They looked just like those ( you can add a little paprika too to the seasoning mix