What's For Dinner? - 2024

catapault

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you for the compliment, Kwik Kwik Supposedly it was Apicius, the 1st Century Roman gourmand who said “We eat first with our eyes”.

No pictures as food was on the kitchen counter for serve yourself lunch today. It was spareribs from the fire company barbecue, potato salad I'd made yesterday. Because I wanted a green (their baked beans are bland, their coleslaw is deli counter, also so-so) I thought up a recipe - cut several strips of bacon into pieces and browned in a pot. When crispy I remove to a paper towel and added diced onion. When the pieces were softened I added kale - the warty Nero di Toscana, stripped off the midrib and torn into large pieces. Tossed with the onion pieces and remaining bacon grease. Add a splash of water, turn down heat, covered pot. Dished up when done and topped with the crisp bacon.

A very pleasant meal. The three of us ate, talked, got up for seconds, ate some more and talked some more. Good time.

GenCat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
chicken katsu with japanese curry
This made me so hungry, I haven't had Japanese curry in years. The only good curry place near us is Thai and even "no spice" is too hot for this white girl :jester:

And veggies? Lol
Probably carrots, potatoes and onions in the curry (oh god now I made myself even hungrier) but some people add peas and other veggies. I wonder if ground bison would be good in dry curry.....

Edit: Was looking up recipes and saw this adorable curry

Kwik

Animals are Blessings
Top Cat
Purraise
This made me so hungry, I haven't had Japanese curry in years. The only good curry place near us is Thai and even "no spice" is too hot for this white girl :jester:

Probably carrots, potatoes and onions in the curry (oh god now I made myself even hungrier) but some people add peas and other veggies. I wonder if ground bison would be good in dry curry.....

Edit: Was looking up recipes and saw this adorable curry
[/URL]
Me no like curry.....🥴

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
This made me so hungry, I haven't had Japanese curry in years. The only good curry place near us is Thai and even "no spice" is too hot for this white girl
I love curry in Indian food - the spices they use open up my sinuses and can cure any migraine. 👍

DH has a taste for pizza tonight so I'm taking out the pizza crust and looking forward to dinner.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
Yesterday was leftovers.. some of the lentil soup, and a slice of pizza.
Today, I am not sure.. It is a busy day.
Corn Hole, Ash Wednesday Service at 3pm. It will be rushed with me setting up and breaking down. Then it is supper time. Nothing good in the dining room; even though I have stopped eating their food. Perhaps just a tuna fish sandwich, or an omelet,
or frozen Mac & Cheese. or just cheese & crackers. ...

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Nothing special for us since we went out earlier this afternoon. Hummus veggie wrap with a sweet potato for me and DH is having tomato basil soup with a tuna fish and melted swiss cheese sandwich. Dark chocolate that I bought him for dessert. Of course, you know I'll have to share the chocolate with him. :lol:

catapault

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I guess you could call it a sort of chicken stew - white meat, carrot, celery, onion, frozen green peas topped with steamed dumplings. A little more complicated than that might sound - add a splash of Worcestershire sauce at one point, flour added to thicken liquids - you know the kind of thing. The dumplings were cloud soft, was this partly because I used cake flour? No idea. But they were very nice and nothing like the dense, chewy nockerl. No comparison.