What's For Dinner? - 2024

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
It isn't even 8 AM, and here I am, trying to decide meals that will happen at midnight and 4 AM. I'll give it a go. Taquitos for lunch, the sour cream will make Hekitty VERY happy. For dinner...a pork chop, mashed potatoes, and either green beans or corn, depending on my mood.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
M maggiedemi Did they taste battered?
Not sure.They had a crispy coating.

I tried a friend's double deep fry recipe once-they were yummy
start by rinsing potatoes and then coat them with a light layer of cornstarch before frying then season - salt ,pepper,onion & garlic powder & fry them again

They looked just like those ( you can add a little paprika too to the seasoning mix
Awesome thank you! Double frying, very interesting. No other restaurants make them this way. Never tasted fries this good.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
You know those Wendy’s commercials for the baconator on a pretzel bun? Well Dear Richard had a dermatology appt on Thursday, so I drove him. On the way back, he said, ”Lunch? Wendy’s?” Oh heavens yes! I had a baconator on a pretzel bun. Large fries. Large Coke, with caffeine. I could feel my arteries narrowing, but heavens, it was good. I scarfed that puppy down.

Got a small turkey hoagie today at the store and split it with Rick.

catapault

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Last night I made a very delicious dinner - tilapia dusted with flour, dipped in beaten egg, coated with bread crumbs and fried. Rice. Asparagus. And a little side dish of mayonnaise, horseradish, lemon juice to embellish the fish. And mixed together the leftover beaten egg and bread crumbs, fried little dollops as mini-pancakes.

Dinner_2024-02_tilapia.jpg

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
My sister and BIL and we went to a little family-type restaurant last night. My sister and I had liver and onions and it was excellent. Everything was really good and the servings were plentiful. Their sweetened mint tea was TDF; I could have happily drank a gallon of the stuff, but kept myself to one glass (because of the caffeine). Rick had teaberry cake with buttercream frosting and I think they gave him a fifth of the cake, the slice was that big. We rolled ourselves out. We will go back.

Tonight, we're having pizza. We looked and I'm out of dough balls, so I'll have to make the dough. Our standard pepperoni pizza will do.