What's For Dinner? - 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Don't ask me how, I haven't a clue, but last night, our pizza or sandwiches ended up as spaghetti. We're out of mozz for pizza and, when I went down to get the Lebanon out of the freezer, I found a container of pasta sauce. Had the Lebanon is one hand and the sauce in the other. Which one? Which is the easiest to make? Which will Dear Richard prefer? Put the Lebanon back and came up with the pasta sauce. And I was right; Rick was happy with the spaghetti. Threw the sauce in the microwave, made the pasta, shredded some Parm, and dinner was ready. With slices of garlic-butter bread and some applesauce. And the brownies. It just happened.

So I'm thinking that Rick can have the leftover spaghetti (he just loves the stuff) tonight and I'll check to see what soup is in the pantry. Not a decent Sunday dinner, but since he's not feeling well anyway, it works.

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Last night was KFC. Over $50 for four meals!! I looked at the receipt and whatever the youngest and I ordered was almost $15 each!! I thought KFC was good food at a reasonable price.

Tonight is beef noodle bake. Something quick and easy to whip up.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Last night was KFC. Over $50 for four meals!! I looked at the receipt and whatever the youngest and I ordered was almost $15 each!!
I know! The prices are insane everywhere! Over $10 for a Calzone or Omelet. I try to bring home half my meal to make it affordable, stretch it to 2 meals. I think the Impossible Whopper is like $9 now if you get cheese on it?! That's nuts! When I was a kid nothing at McDonalds or Burger King was over $4!

I've just been eating huge dinner plate salads the past few days, trying to use up that Red French dressing so I can go back to my beloved Thousand Islands.

catapault

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Last night it was stir fry over rice - shrimp, mini wontons, pot stickers with baby bok choy tips, sugar snap peas, shredded Savoy cabbage.

Tonight? The day is still young so who knows what dinner will be.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
For lunch I had a huge dinner plate salad and finished up the red french dressing.

For dinner I had a veggie sammich on wheat bread from a deli in town. I had them leave off the pickles this time, but it must be the banana peppers that I don't like. Something is too vinegary on my sammich!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
When I was a kid nothing at McDonalds or Burger King was over $4!
Now I REALLY feel old! When I was a kid, McDonald's advertised "order a hamburger, french fries and coke, and get change back from your dollar bill!"

Lunch was French toast. Dinner will be a chicken fajita bowl. They are nothing like a chicken fajita, but they are decent.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Last night, I used peach BBQ sauce on our spareribs, since I still had some in the fridge.
Tonight's dinner will be honey-glazed shrimp with brown rice in the NFG. Glazed carrots. And the rest of the cheddar bay biscuits. I'm making a strawberry margarita, too!

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Breakfast for dinner tonight - scrambled eggs with finely chopped veggies and strawberry almond milk yogurt on the side. DH doesn't like eggs so he had his favorite turkey burger sandwich w/swiss cheese. Honeycrisp apple for dessert.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Lunch: Huge Dinner Plate Salad with Thousand Island Dressing.

Dinner: Amy's Broccoli Mac & Cheese Bowl, added chopped up vegetarian meatballs, frozen brussels sprouts, half a fresh habanero pepper with the seeds left in, ritz crackers. Yum! Brussels Sprouts taste good in Mac & Cheese!!!!!!!!!! It needed some salt, but otherwise yummy.

lizzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Dinner for our anniversary...he could have anything he wanted...what's he want?Meatloaf!So,we had that,fried potatoes with onions and green pepper and glazed carrots,and I made a very lemony pound cake with a very light lemon glaze.Delicious dinner!53 years and counting:)

Status
Not open for further replies.