What's For Dinner? - 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Dad made a vegetarian spaghetti dish in his instapot with various veggies. I know it had carrots and peas in it. I had that for both lunch & dinner. I added half a fresh habanero each time, 1TB Hot Sauce, 1/8 Tsp Garlic Parley Salt, Cheese, Grated Parmesan Cheese, Crumbled Ritz Crackers, 1/4 Cup Cannellini Beans.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
I'm still on a soft foods diet so I had a large sweet potato with Oatly, (oat milk), yogurt. I love the Oatly milk and didn't know they made yogurt now. DH and I went out for coffee and dessert at a restaurant that has squash pie during the winter months - so delicious.

IMG_1837.jpeg

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've noticed lately that nobody puts spices in their pasta sauce anymore, both the jarred kind & at restaurants. I guess they are afraid with all the allergies & food preferences nowadays. But it's so bland compared to the old days!

I've been wanting to try some shredded carrots in my salads & stir fries. I love rolls. Are you watching your carbs? I never do. I can't help it. I love my carbs. But I don't eat dessert, so I think I'm okay. Do you like dessert?
They usually have good sauce here but what they had the other night was taste less. I like garlic and oregano in the sauce.

I don't think shredded carrots have much taste but I do like the small carrots you can buy and eat right out of the bag. No, I'm not watching my carbs. I just don't like hamburger or hot dog rolls. I love good bread. Being vegetarian I would starve if I could not eat bread, pasta, rice, beans and potatoes. Eating here I get way to much potatoes and rolls.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
C catapault Very nice haul from the Asian Food market!

Our dinner was good last night, but the tri tip was already marinated and the pepper taste was too much. And I think Rick had it too done for me; I like my beef to be red and there were a few slices that were barely pink. The rest was too done. I wanted to do it in the NFG, but Rick said he wanted it done in the oven and he'd be in the house to take care of it. (But not when golf is on tv!)

Anyway, leftovers tonight. I think I'm going to make a few pickled onions, slice the beef into thin strips, reheat a bit, and have it in wraps with the onions. And then the rest will be frozen for another meal. I kept some of the crock pot beans out for tonight, too; the rest went into the freezer. And we each have one apple dumpling left. It works.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Because I'm still on a soft food diet I decided to make veggie chili for dinner but less spicy than I usually prepare it. DH likes when I make brown rice and have the chili over it. Chocolate and vanilla pudding for dessert.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
For Lunch I had a veggie sammich with chickpeas on it on dad's homemade bread.

For Dinner I had frozen snap peas, 1TB Creamy Horseradish, frozen marinated bbq tofu, slice of dad's homemade bread toasted with 2TB cherry fruit spread on it. Melted 2 mozzarella cheese sticks on the snap peas. Mom left behind a lifetime supply of cheese sticks in the freezer, so I've just been melting them on everything. I really like melted mozzarella. Yum!

Tip: Don't microwave tofu. Yuck! Tastes like a soggy sponge.
Another Tip: Preserves taste much better than fruit spread!!!!

catapault

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Broiled Premio sweet and hot sausages. Sliced into coins when done. Reheated rice from our stir fry (I always cook double what's needed, refrigerate half - plain - and do something else with it.) Carrots and pearl onions. Looked attractive when plated up. Tasted good too.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Our chops were pretty good last night. They weren't thick enough to fill; got the wrong ones out of the freezer. And I made parsley potatoes instead of melting potatoes. But dinner was still good. Still have a couple containers of the peach BBQ sauce in the freezer. It's excellent on pork.

Pizza tonight. Digiorno's from the freezer.

Status
Not open for further replies.