What's For Dinner? - 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
I used to make that recipe all the time until I tried the one by Chip & Joanna Gaines from the HGTV show, Fixer Upper. It's my new favorite chocolate cake now.
neely neely I'll have to check that recipe out. Thanks for the heads-up.

After our 4-hour vet appt with Tabby yesterday, neither Rick nor I felt like cooking anything. We ended up stopping at McD's on the way home. I'll bone the chicken today and we'll do those fajitas tonight.

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
neely neely I'll have to check that recipe out. Thanks for the heads-up.

After our 4-hour vet appt with Tabby yesterday, neither Rick nor I felt like cooking anything. We ended up stopping at McD's on the way home. I'll bone the chicken today and we'll do those fajitas tonight.
I hope things went well for Tabby.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sunday night was veggie Stromboli at an Italian restaurant with my brother & my cousin.

Monday I went out to lunch with my brother at a diner. I got one over easy egg, homefries with crispy onions, and 2 slices of texas toast for only $3.95. I put a peanut butter packet on one slice, apple strawberry jelly on the other, ketchup on the eggs & homefries.

Last night I cooked dinner with my brother. He showed me how to cook Tempeh. It was soooo good. It tasted like bacon. We put white rice, spinach, frozen green beans with almonds, onions, and tons of garlic in it. Also 1 whole habanero pepper with the seeds left in, and habanero ghost pepper hot sauce, and stir fry sauce, garlic parsley salt. That's all I can remember.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I went out to brunch with my brother & mom at a little cafe. I had a huge Belgian Waffle & Shredded Hash Browns. My brother suggested I put peanut butter on the waffle along with butter & syrup. Yum! Ketchup on the hash browns.

Dinner: I had the other half of my veggie stromboli left over from dinner Sunday with my brother & cousin. I had 1/4 cup chunky Ragu marinara sauce with it, added a pinch of garlic parsley salt & cayenne pepper.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Lunch was a veggie scramble with peaches and sweet cherries. DInner will be barbecued chicken with roasted potato medley (idaho, sweet, and yukon gold) and seasoned green beans.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Our fajitas were quite good last night. We each had two fajitas full of filling. Yum.

We have bacon that needs to be used up. Breakfast for dinner tonight. I'm thinking either French toast with bacon or a quiche. Or maybe windowpanes (AKA birds in a nest) with bacon.

susanm9006

Lola
Top Cat
Purraise
The pasta looks a bit like rice, susanm9006 susanm9006 .

I had something similar tonight - rice with edamame (peas work too) onion, garlic, egg and soy sauce.
It does look like rice doesn’t it - it’s Orzo pasta but I also make this with any tiny pasta. The fried peas have garlic and onions fried in with them.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Lunch: Meals on Wheels with dad-- Mac & Cheese, Applesauce, Stewed Tomatoes. I mixed the Stewed Tomatoes in with the Mac & Cheese, since everybody here is always talking about doing that. I liked it!

Dinner: Blueberry Muffin left over from Meals on Wheels with butter, leftovers from cooking with my brother-- That Tempeh, Spinach, Green Beans, Garlic, Onion, Habanero, White Rice concoction.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Well, lunch is a LONG ways off...think midnight, tonight, but it will be biscuits and gravy, and dinner will be cheesy chicken and rice with broccoli, and stewed apples/pineapples.

lizzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Spent the day in and out of the kitchen,making my broth for chicken and dumplings.So very worth it!We haven't eaten yet but it's ready when he comes in from the shop.I have a small batch of cornbread in the oven to have with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.