What's For Dinner? - 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
I had my first of several dental appointments. Doc said soft foods only so I had vegetable soup for dinner and dunked a soft roll in it to coat my stomach for the meds. Pudding for dessert. I told DH I didn't know what hurt more my tooth pain or my pocketbook. 😉

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I didn't know what hurt more my tooth pain or my pocketbook.
Pocketbook definitely. Dental care prices are no joke unfortunately!

Just had leftovers of that Tempeh, spinach, green beans, rice dish I made with my brother for both lunch & dinner. I finished it up. It made 4 servings, so that was pretty economical.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Day 2 after dental surgery so my dinner combo of soft foods was apple sauce, pudding and cottage cheese. Tomorrow I'm going to see a play with a friend and go out for brunch, at least I can eat an omelette. And, best of all, doc said I can drink coffee at room temperature! :yess:

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Lunch: Went out to a diner on the Rez with my cousin. I had a grilled cheese & french fries with ketchup.

Dinner: Veggie Sammich on Dad's homemade bread. Got some new Horseradish Sauce, so I put that on it instead of mayo. It was pretty hot!

catapault

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yesterday was tremendously windy. No wind today but baby it is cold outside! The snowdrops are flattened to the ground. I wanted to use the oven so

First I baked chocolate chip cookies and then I turned the heat down just a bit and put a meatloaf, potatoes, and a sweet potato in to cook. Dinner in about an hour.

Meanwhile there's a nice fire in the wood burning stove making things cozy.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
I'm doing a tri-tip in the NFG. Never did tri-tip in it before, so I hope I don't screw it up! Crock pot baked beans, leftover mac and cheese.
Dear Richard was rummaging around in the freezers and found a pan of apple dumplings. They're for dessert, with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
We have three pies left, so I need to get them used, too.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The pasta sauce was not good.
I've noticed lately that nobody puts spices in their pasta sauce anymore, both the jarred kind & at restaurants. I guess they are afraid with all the allergies & food preferences nowadays. But it's so bland compared to the old days!

Salad with lettuce, small amount of shredded carrots and cheese. Two veggie hot dogs. I did not eat the rolls.
I've been wanting to try some shredded carrots in my salads & stir fries. I love rolls. Are you watching your carbs? I never do. I can't help it. I love my carbs. But I don't eat dessert, so I think I'm okay. Do you like dessert?

leftover mac and cheese.
Did you put tomatoes in it this time?

lizzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's Sunday..... looks like it'll be raining soon,we're watching the race,so I think we're going to have leftovers from last night...he actually enjoyed it enough.... asked if we could have it again tomorrow night.He has a very strong dislike for rice,mildly put.

catapault

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My friend and I went to the Asian Food market in North Plainfield New Jersey on Thursday. BelleWood-Gardens - Diary

I came home with Japanese style soba noodles, udon noodles, ramen noodles. Packets of hondashi to make broth. Imported shoyu sauce. And also baby bok choi tips, king napa cabbage. fresh sugar snap peas, scallions (2 goodly bunches for $1.75) and more fresh vegetables.

So tonight we had a stir fry of shrimp, mini wontons, various fresh vegetables over rice. Broth and soy sauce for steaming after first quick cooking in wok, thickened with corn starch. Delicious!

And pot stickers. I do not like the directions on the package of frozen pot stickers. They do indeed stick to the pot. I have some ides about this.

Status
Not open for further replies.