What's For Dinner? - 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
not sure... had a lot of cottage cheese, as a luncheon snack.. honestly, not hungry.. maybe some popcorn to nibble on...

I could go downstairs and pick up a couple of chicken thighs and a salad/broccoli.. but... I am comfortable and do not feel like walking down.

catapault

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Not exactly a stir fry. Tilapia filet, mini wontons, pot stickers quickly sauteed with oil, splash of soy sauce, cover, turn down heat. Mashed potatoes (we've been having a lot of rice lately, wanted a change.) King napa cabbage quartered and sliced, quick saute with oil, splash of water, dash of soy sauce, cover pot to finish cooking. Plated up and enjoyed.

lizzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Today is cold,windy and rainy,so I think it calls for comfort food.For dinner I'm going to heat up the chicken and dumplings from a few days ago.I made buttermilk doughnuts today....they are baked ....and I can see one for dessert with a hot cup of vanilla chai tea.Yum!

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
I made individual veggie pizzas for dinner. I like to take mine out of the oven just after the cheese melts but DH leaves his in and doesn't take it out until the edges are burned. :dunno: Dark chocolate almond butter cup for dessert.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Whatever Dear Richard makes (or buys) will be dinner tonight.

ETA: And he just brought up a package of smoked sausage. He's making fried potatoes and eggs with the smoked sausage. (He makes much better fried potatoes than I do.) We'll have a bit of applesauce with it.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Lunch: Finished up the Cotton Candy Waffles. Put date syrup and cashew butter on them. Also finished up the snap peas. Chickpeas for protein.

Dinner: Huge Dinner plate salad with Ken's Red French Dressing. Put Tofu on it for protein.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
I'm not sure yet. I was going to make pizza, but we're out of mozz; at least I think we are. I need to check the freezers.

Failing that, sandwiches. I know there's a package of Lebanon (Rick's favorite deli meat) in the freezer and we have lettuce and tomatoes and some smoked cheese in the fridge. And applesauce brownies for a bit of dessert. I made bread the other day, so we're good. That will work for a Saturday night. And if Rick needs something else, there's always some kind of soup.

Status
Not open for further replies.