What's For Dinner? - 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.

catapault

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thin sliced the very last of the meatloaf and reheated in toaster oven. Made home fries from boiled russet potatoes. Steam fresh carrots in butter sauce finished in herb-ox bouillon together with frozen pearl onions. Rather nice, even if I am the one saying so.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Dinner for our anniversary...he could have anything he wanted...what's he want?Meatloaf!So,we had that,fried potatoes with onions and green pepper and glazed carrots,and I made a very lemony pound cake with a very light lemon glaze.Delicious dinner!53 years and counting:)
A very Happy, Happy Anniversary to you and Mr. Lizzie! :hugs: That was an awesome anniversary dinner!

Since we had breakfast out this morning, we won't have much for dinner tonight. There's some leftover shrimp and rice and he'll have that. Not sure about me yet, but I'm not hungry at all.

lizzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
A very Happy, Happy Anniversary to you and Mr. Lizzie! :hugs: That was an awesome anniversary dinner!

Since we had breakfast out this morning, we won't have much for dinner tonight. There's some leftover shrimp and rice and he'll have that. Not sure about me yet, but I'm not hungry at all.
Thank you so much!It was really good I will say. We have been known to go out someplace from time to time,but I just didn't have the urge this year.I have a recipe for fried chicken using the NFG...tomorrow will work!

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
I made a bowl with rice, 3 types of beans, broccoli, green onion and shredded carrots. DH made a bowl with chicken, spicy black beans, rice, peas and carrots. Honeycrisp apple for dessert.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Dinner for our anniversary...he could have anything he wanted...what's he want?Meatloaf!
Happy anniversary! My dad is the same way about meatloaf. Maybe it's a guy thing?!

Lunch: Half of a Fried Calzone at a deli in town with Mushrooms, Green Pepper, Onions, Pineapple, Mozzarella, Tomato Sauce. They gave me sauce on the side too, but it was cold! Next time I'll ask them to heat it up for me.

Dinner: The other half of my fried calzone that I saved from lunch. They are getting so expensive that I try to stretch it to 2 meals.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
I have plans to meet friends for dinner at a new Asian restaurant. I've really been looking forward to trying it but we're supposed to get rain turning to heavy wet snow so not sure what will happen. :dunno:

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have plans to meet friends for dinner at a new Asian restaurant
One of the few Asian restaurants here closed, and the other one stopped their buffet and became takeout only.

Lunch: Mini Pizza Roll from an Italian restaurant in town. I got Pineapple, Mushroom, Onion, Green Pepper, Marinara, Cheese. I like the mini size, I could eat almost all of it. Usually they are so huge!

Dinner: Just finished up a bunch of stuff in the fridge-- Vegetarian Meatballs, Brussels Sprouts, Chopped Apple. It was okay, but I really preferred when I had the brussels sprouts in my mac & cheese!

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
We were supposed to have hamburgers and onion rings last night for dinner. Around 4:30, Dear Richard said, "Dear? Was I supposed to make hamburgers today? I don't feel like it now." Welcome to my world, Rick!!

So we had freezer pizza last night. He made the burgers first thing this morning and we'll throw them into the NFG. The container of crock pot beans. And I finally get to try out our deep fryer by making onion rings. It's out of the box, all washed up, and sitting on the kitchen counter, ready to go.

I tried onion rings in the NFG. Once. It did not go well. Or I did not go well. I don't know which. I make fantastic fries in the air fryer. My onion rings? Not so much.

But I need to stop buying kitchen things. I have no storage space anymore. I said to Rick, "Where are we gonna put this? I have no space anymore!" Dear Richard: "Gee, d'ya THINK?!" Brat.

Status
Not open for further replies.