What's For Dinner? - 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Butternut squash ravioli drizzled with EVOO and parmesan cheese
I'll have to try it that way! I struggle to find a sauce that goes with it.

Lunch: Veggie Omelet with swiss cheese, ketchup on top at a cafe in town with mom.

Dinner: Brought home a veggie sammich on white bread from deli in town. I'm gonna ask them if they have hard boiled eggs to add to my sammich next time. I need more protein, but not a single restaurant in town uses fake meats besides Burger King!

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Last night I had a tiny amount of mushy mixed vegetables, a few bites of a greasy grilled cheese and some cole slaw. I should of had 2 packages of plant based meatballs and a package of chicken tenders in their freezer that I brought but they could not be found. That's the third time they just threw my food away that I brought and paid for because they won't give me enough protein. All they seem to want to give me anymore are greasy grilled cheese sandwiches and a salad made with lettuce and ranch dressing. For awhile they got really good but that has stopped.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
That's the third time they just threw my food away that I brought and paid for because they won't give me enough protein.
I don't recall if it was suggested but can you bring a mini-fridge or microwave in your room? That way you could keep your own food and not have to rely on the kitchen staff who throw your food out.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Beef stew in the Foodi pressure cooker (it's an experiment, not my Foodi, but I'm trying it out). Pickled cabbage, applesauce, homemade bread. Dessert will be Hershey's Perfectly Chocolate Chocolate cake with whipped peanut butter frosting.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
I'm trying to talk DH into trying a new diner someone told us about yesterday but he's being stubborn. :rolleyes2: If we do go it will be for lunch and I'll probably be stuffed so not planning dinner. If we don't go I think I'll just make grilled cheese sandwiches with tomato basil soup.

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't recall if it was suggested but can you bring a mini-fridge or microwave in your room? That way you could keep your own food and not have to rely on the kitchen staff who throw your food out.
I have a microwave and a mimi-fridge in my room and I want to get a toaster if I can. Some of the veggy meat cannot be cooked in a microwave and they taste better when they cook the food and add a sauce or flavoring. Tofu taste better when it is stired fried or cooked on a stove top. Also I need to get out of my room and socialize with people. I do eat some meals in my room and sometimes I have food delivered.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I want to get a toaster if I can
Maybe you can get a toaster oven. Too bad they don't have a stove that you are allowed to use, like some college dorms.

Lunch and Dinner: Dad cooked a big batch of a rice and veggie dish in his instapot. It's really good. I added melted cheese and those jalapeno cornbread crackers from TJMaxx that are so yummy.
1678586200519.png

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Tofu taste better when it is stired fried or cooked on a stove top.
You might consider a single-eye hot plate, that would allow you to stirfry.

Lunch was waffles, and dinner will be my darliing chicken strips, mac and cheese, and corn!

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Maybe you can get a toaster oven. Too bad they don't have a stove that you are allowed to use, like some college dorms.

They do have a stove in the activities room I guess I could use if I wanted to cook pasta or bake something.
View attachment 445394
You might consider a single-eye hot plate, that would allow you to stirfry.
That could work but I'm in a wheel chair and the counters are high so I would have to stand to stirfry. That's just too labor intensive for me. I like their stirfrys with the tofu I provide. Tofu is cheap and I don't mind if it gets lost sometimes.

Last night they gave me a stirfry with tofu.

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have a microwave and a mimi-fridge in my room and I want to get a toaster if I can. Some of the veggy meat cannot be cooked in a microwave and they taste better when they cook the food and add a sauce or flavoring. Tofu taste better when it is stired fried or cooked on a stove top. Also I need to get out of my room and socialize with people. I do eat some meals in my room and sometimes I have food delivered.
Definitely consider a toaster oven over a toaster, especially if you can't stand. We use ours so much!

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
I'm trying to talk DH into trying a new diner someone told us about yesterday but he's being stubborn. :rolleyes2:
We didn't make it to the diner yesterday but fortunately I talked DH into going today. We both loved it and, best of all, there was a cute coffee shop right around the corner. Believe it or not I had too much caffeine between coffee at the diner and a cortado at the coffee shop. I'm stuffed from going out to lunch so planning to just have a large sweet potato for dinner with strawberries and kiwi afterwards.

Status
Not open for further replies.