What's For Dinner? - 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you both for your replies. Everything you said is absolutely true. It is so difficult for me to type on this IPad. I typed this post twice and both times they were erased. I don't have the time or patience to type it over. I will have to start standing up for myself. The women here are "witches" just like the ones I used to work with. That includes some of the staff.

Last night I had pizza and a salad.

Last edited:

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Last night, we finally tried out the deep fryer. Chicken tenders and onion rings. Everything was so good. But the prep work was messy and so was the clean-up. And I could feel the cholesterol oozing through my veins. :lol: I threw together a sauce with a little bit of this and a little bit of that and a spritz of this with a pinch of that. Rick loved everything. He's waiting on me to do fried chicken. Yes, Dear Richard and chicken. Who knew?

Tonight will be corned beef, done in Bob's Foodi. With carrots. I'm making Colcannon for the potatoes and cabbage. And I'm thinking bread pudding for dessert.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Half a Veggie Patty Sub from Subway. I love that they have fake vegetarian meat now! It was sooooo good! It had veggie patty, mayo, parmesan vinaigrette, lettuce, spinach, tomato, green peppers, cucumbers, swiss cheese, red onions, parmesan cheese, black pepper, on toasted multigrain bread.

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Half a Veggie Patty Sub from Subway. I love that they have fake vegetarian meat now! It was sooooo good! It had veggie patty, mayo, parmesan vinaigrette, lettuce, spinach, tomato, green peppers, cucumbers, swiss cheese, red onions, parmesan cheese, black pepper, on toasted multigrain bread.
What kind of veggy meat do they have now? When I used to go there they only had the veggy paddys. I stopped going there because they did not wear gloves and they used the same knife to cut the veggy subs as they when tbey cut the meat subs.

Last night I had a veggy hot dog, (Field Roast) no roll, cole slaw and french fries.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Best corned beef ever! I started it out in the Foodi by pressure cooking. Finished it up by air crisp and a balsamic, brown sugar, and mustard glaze. So good! I will borrow Bob's Foodi every year forever and ever to do my corned beef. I did the carrots for two minutes in the pressure cooker and they were absolutely perfect. Who knew? I also made colcannon. And bread pudding for dessert.

Tonight is pizza. I don't know yet if we're doing delivery or if I'm making it.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
I offered to make DH a chicken recipe I haven't made in a long time but he had already bought fresh onion rolls this morning to have quinoa burgers tonight. However, the store that has the hummus I like was sold out. It turned out to be a good thing though because I bought Kite Hill's Spinach & Artichoke dip instead since it was on sale. I tried it on a cracker and loved it, now I'm hooked.
Plant-Based Dips - Kite Hill Dairy Free Foods

lizzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Very cold and blustery today,so we had bean and ham soup from the freezer,and hubby asked for more biscuits,so I made another batch.Also made 10 pints of black cherry jam today,so they're all sealed and cooling in the oven overnight.

catapault

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Simple, easy meal last night - broiled hot dogs on toasted bun plus double baked potatoe (take left over baked potato, cut in half. Scrape potato out of skim with fork and spoon back in. Add a smidge of butter or Smart Balance on top. Into toaster oven with hot dogs.) And Steam Fresh cut green beans.

lizzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Easy fixins tonight...going to cook some brats and split them...stuff with leftover mashed potatoes,chopped onion and cheese and bake .Everything will get hot and the cheese melty....haven't had in awhile so looking forward to it.Maybe some pickled beets to go with...

Status
Not open for further replies.