What's For Dinner? - 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
What kind of veggy meat do they have now? When I used to go there they only had the veggy paddys. I stopped going there because they did not wear gloves and they used the same knife to cut the veggy subs as they when tbey cut the meat subs.

Last night I had a veggy hot dog, (Field Roast) no roll, cole slaw and french fries.
Subway has a veggie patty. The probably still do that with the knives. I looked up the veggie patty. What You're Really Eating When You Order Subway's Veggie Patty - Mashed

I have to go rummage through the freezer to see what I'm having for dinner. No ideas yet.

catapault

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Stir fry of tilapia (cut in pieces and dusted with corn starch before tossing in wok) with medley of vegetables - asparagus, broccoli, sugar snap peas, mushrooms - over rice. Bouillon & soy sauce for finishing, then thickened with corn starch.

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Subway has a veggie patty. The probably still do that with the knives. I looked up the veggie patty. What You're Really Eating When You Order Subway's Veggie Patty - Mashed
Thanks. I'll have to try one. That is a lot of calories but it is also a lot if protein.

My eating habits was brought up again last night this time by the cook. It's rare that I can eat the soup here but last night I was able to enjoy the broccoli cheese soup. It was so good that I asked if I could have another bowl. There was not many people in the dinning room so I thought they would have extra. I was going to eat the 2nd bowl of soup in the dinning room and take the rest of my dinner back to my room to eat today for lunch. I could hear the cook say to the server "she does not need anymore food, she has plenty". In other words she was calling me a pig just like some of the residents have been doing this week. That hurt and I was embrassed. I went back upstairs to my room and threw away the rest of my dinner they gave me. I've heard other people refer to that cook as a "witch" and I can see why. I won't go down for dinner anymore and eat their precious soup.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
muffy muffy I don't even know what to say to that. I'm sorry. Do you have a support person? Someone to help you when things go badly there? Rick and his sister are their mom's support. When something happens, Rick doesn't think a thing of going up to ask questions and try to find out what's going on. She has had trouble with some of the staff because, due to her heart failure, she is on Lasix. Which means she has to pee a lot. One of the staff told her she was using the bathroom too often and who did she think she was? Didn't take long for Rick to head up to the nursing home and start asking questions. The result was that the staff person was moved to another floor; other residents have complained about her as well. Rick's mom has to take Lasix; she doesn't have a choice. Part of the problem is that it's hard to find good staff because they don't get paid enough to be "good" staff.

Our Reubens were excellent last night. I love Reubens.

Heading down to the freezer to see what I can find that looks interesting.

Last edited:

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
muffy muffy I don't even know what to say to that. I'm sorry. Do you have a support person? Someone to help you when things go badly there?
I have a sister but I don't like to bother her with my problems unless it is really big. There is a nurse and 2 people on the staff that I can talk to. I have not talked to them yet about my fat problem. I have a hernia and it popped out and it really makes me look fat. I can't have surgery on it because I'm not a good candidate to have the surgery.

Last edited:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Lunch was pancakes. DInner will be Cajun seasoned chicken Alfredo. Spicy. I like spicy!

muffy muffy , I am just so sorry that you are going through that! It is reprehensible, especially for that cook, to comment. Please do talk with one of the nurses about this. That's perilously near abuse.

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Lunch was pancakes. DInner will be Cajun seasoned chicken Alfredo. Spicy. I like spicy!

muffy muffy , I am just so sorry that you are going through that! It is reprehensible, especially for that cook, to comment. Please do talk with one of the nurses about this. That's perilously near abuse.
Thanks, its being taken care of. I told my friend that's on staff here and she told the director last night. The director asked me about it and then she called in the server that went to get the soup. They were in her office with the door shut so I don't know what was said. When they came out I found out that it was not the cook he was talking to but one of the servers. I was glad to hear that because I think the world of the cook that was on duty Sunday night. I could not imagine her saying something so mean. The director said she was going to talk to the kitchen staff today. They have been having a lot of problems. The server gave me a hug when he came out of the director's office and I thanked him for his help. He used to be a sports reporter for CNN. I don't know how he ended up here but he is the best server they have.

Last night I had a tomato sandwich with vegan mayo and Swiss cheese and some Lays potato chips. It really hit the spot.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
L lizzy And now I want a sausage sandwich! That sounds so good!

Last night, we ended up with a pan of lasagna from the freezer, garlic parmesan rolls, a bit of coleslaw, and some applesauce. Not bad at all for an "I don't know what to make" night.

We still have a bit of corned beef left. I'm thinking of making some hash with the last of the beef, although I'd be perfectly happy with another Reuben. There is some lasagna left, too, that Rick could have, if he doesn't want the corned beef.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What kind of veggy meat do they have now? When I used to go there they only had the veggy paddys.
Yes, it's the veggie patty. I had never seen it before on the menu. I'm just happy to have any type of vegetarian fake meat for protein, so I was really happy to see it! I liked it. It looks like a rectangle shaped long veggie burger.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Saturday Lunch: I went out to brunch with my high school friend. I had a breakfast sammich made with english muffin, egg, cheese, ketchup, and a side of home fries with onions. You could get the sammich made with a bagel instead of english muffin, but I was too cheap to pay $1 more. But then my friend ending up paying for my meal again when I went to the bathroom. Should have gotten the bagel! Ha!

Saturday Dinner: I ate the other half of my Subway Veggie Patty Sub.

Sunday Lunch: I went to my other high school friend's house and her roommate cooked soft tacos for us. He made mine with spicy tofu and vegetarian crumbles, onions, green peppers, hot sauce, and I don't know what else. I was looking through his hot sauce shelf and told him to add Scorpion hot sauce. It went in the air and nearly killed everybody! They had to open the door. They had like every hot sauce, taco sauce, dips, and condiments to add to our soft tacos. Oh, they also added raw radish slices for crunch. I was skeptical, but that was sooooo good!

Sunday Dinner: I cooked with my brother and he made me a rice dish with vegetarian sausage, asparagus, black beans, onions, green pepper, habanero pepper, and I don't know what else. I really like that vegetarian sausage! And of course asparagus is my favorite.

Monday Lunch: Leftovers from cooking with my brother.

Monday Dinner: we got Stromboli at a local pizzeria. I got the vegetarian with an extra side of marinara. It was really good. I got dad a sub, but I forgot his mayo somehow!!! He was soooo disappointed! We only had miracle whip in the house!

Tuesday Lunch: Leftover rice, asparagus, black bean, vegetarian sausage, habanero dish my brother made, and the quarter of the veggie stromboli I had leftover with marinara. I poured extra stir fry sauce on the rice dish, that was so good! Also melted some Aldi coffee flavored cheese on the stromboli. Sounds weird, but it really improved it!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Thanks, its being taken care of.
I am so very, very glad to hear that!

Lunch was waffles. Dinner will be one of my chicken strips, corn, and mac n cheese meals.

I'm making up a new food list. It will be rather restricted. My goal is to be able to do one meal a day (Spawn 1 covers the other with Instacart) that will allow me to do 30-31 meals for less than $50 bucks. It will be very plain, but that's fine. And I do not get bored easily at all. Day-to-day, I eat to live. Occasionally, I'll get inspired and do a quick 180 to live to eat!

Status
Not open for further replies.