What's For Dinner? - 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
For dinner last night I had pinto beans, onions, peppers, tofu and a veggy hot dog. That was the first time I had a serving of beans here. Whenever they served beans here they always had beans that were cooked in pork. The cook brought out a can of beans that said "vegetarian" beans that she brought off the truck. I can finally get some protein here without having to buy it myself.

Last edited:

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
The Chicken Marsala was excellent, although we had to thin the sauce a bit. The broccoli was just a bit overcooked. I thought so, but the guys liked it that way (I sprinkled a bit of Tuscan seasoning in the broccoli). The potatoes were perfect, just perfect; I just used a potato masher to mash them quickly afterward. Two minutes pressure cooking. That's it (plus the time it took to flour and sauté the chicken and then for the Foodi to get up to pressure). The potatoes were on the bottom with the liquid, the floured and sauteed chicken was in a pan in the middle, and the broccoli was in another pan on top. Thankfully, I had Fat Daddio pans (from Amazon) that I use in my NFGs and they worked out fine. Bob did all the work and I hung around for moral support. It's his Foodi and he needs to learn how to use the thing. He took it home last night and I hope he uses it. It's really nice for weekday meals.

So, tonight's dinner will be ham loaf with a brown sugar and mustard glaze. I'm thinking of orzo with petite peas to go with. We still have a couple rolls left. Applesauce. And lemon cake.

Last edited:

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
It's going to be raining by late this afternoon. I'm thinking of potato, bacon, and corn chowder, with the last of the rolls to dunk into the chowder. Applesauce (Rick just loves applesauce). The last of the lemon cake. With my remaining lemons, I made half and half iced tea/lemonade yesterday.

iPappy

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I went through BK tonight on my way home, and the woman working the window was SO nice to me. Big smile, asked how I was doing, etc. She noticed my dog in the back and was asking questions about her and talking to her, etc. She told me to have a great night and was just all smiles and it was such a mood lifter. That particular location always has the nicest employees, hopefully this means they're treated right.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Meatloaf in the NFG. Haluska with the last two slices of bacon. Roasted carrots thrown into the NFG at the last minute. And egg custard for dessert. Rick just loves custard and it's been a while since I made any. I'll have mine with blueberries; Rick will have his plain.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Saturday Lunch: My friend's roommate cooked for us again-- Cauliflower steaks which did NOT taste anything like steak, just tasted like cauliflower! Shouldn't have put steak sauce on it! I loved the fried plantains though! Those had a meaty taste. My friend had all kinds of condiments for me to dip them in.

Sunday Lunch: Made soft tacos at same friend's house with all the leftover fixins in her fridge. She has all the condiments, taco sauce, mexican street corn, hot sauce, guacamole salsa. She had fun cheeses, like a 12 year aged one!

Sunday Dinner: Got a calzone with pineapple & mushroom down the road from my friend's house to take home and it leaked all over my car in 2 seconds! Went back in and they put it in a plastic bag. I asked her how to get it off my car seat, she said dish soap & water, so that's what I did.

Monday lunch: Fried calzone on the Reservation with onions, green peppers, mushrooms. It was okay, but they served me the sauce cold! This time I ate it there so it wouldn't leak on my car!

Monday Dinner: Bean and Cheese Burrito from Walmart's take away section. It was really good, but needed more fixins! I should have added some. I did add a new Tostitos taco sauce I bought.

Status
Not open for further replies.