What's For Dinner? - 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.

catapault

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Still baking but I think it will be good. Two individual macaroni cheese using 2/3 milk and 1/3 bouillon, thickened with a butter and flour roux, half and half sharp white cheddar and mozzarella. Didn't have any ham so I broiled Premio sausages - sweet and spicy - then sliced and shuffled the pieces in with the macaroni and sauce. Topped with coarse bread crumbs, dotted with butter, and into the toaster oven. As I said at the start of this - is it a recipe? sort of - I think it will be good.

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Had the best pizza last night made by the head cook. The only thing about that is that they took us out to lunch yesterday. I had a pasta bowl for lunch and I got a pizza to bring home to freeze and eat when I wanted pizza. The funny thing was that both pizza's were almost exctly the same in appearance and taste.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
I ended up with the yucky chili last night.. UGH.. Instead of making it all from scratch with ground beef, they use outside prepared frozen meatballs, crushed up... ugh.. Pretty flavorless.. But with a ton of shredded cheese on top, it was palatable.

They had key lime pie for dessert. I never get dessert, but wanted to try it. Yuck.. It was too sweet! and the graham cracker crust was soggy.. They kept it out too long. Crust got soggy.. I only ate less than half of a small slice.

it was an unsatisfying supper. I ended up eating some Reeses Ice Cream, which I had in the freezer.
~~~~~
Tonight is my own food--- either leftover pizza or Tuna Salad (with celery) sandwich on Sourdough bread with a small bag of chips.

For some reason, they never have celery on the salad bar--- not matter how many times I ask for it... strange...the same with radishes... or a protein...

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
I don't know. I was scrounging around in the freezer and nothing looked interesting. What did look good needs to be thawed longer than just a few hours. I'm thinking of tuna melts. Or a tuna-pasta salad. Maybe tuna loaf. Tuna-something!
Then again, we could have hoagies. I don't know!

I need to start getting better organized with meals (and I've been saying that for a while now). When I was working, I had menus and knew exactly what I was making from day to day throughout the week. I'd go down to the freezers, get what I needed to thaw for the next day. Then I retired and....poof! Any kind of organization ran out the back door!

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
C catapault We have granite countertops, so, most of the time I can put something right on the countertop and it will start to thaw fairly quickly. It works for pork chops, steaks, etc. But it doesn't work well for a whole Cornish hen or a piece of pork. I'll try the aluminum. Thanks!

BTW, I decided on tuna melts, using tomato and basil bagels.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
When I was working, I had menus and knew exactly what I was making from day to day throughout the week. Then I retired and....poof! Any kind of organization ran out the back door!
That's the beauty of being retired. 😉

I went out to lunch with friends from college and brought home leftovers - roasted veggie salad (mixed greens, red onions, roasted tomatoes, artichokes, walnuts, feta cheese and fresh grilled veggies with balsamic on the side) plus pita bread. DH will have the leftover chicken tenders on an onion roll with swiss cheese and fries. Red seedless grapes and kiwi for dessert.

game misconduct

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
went to an all you can eat korean bbq place for dinner heard some kids around the corner from my apartment a kid was telling his lil brother the hallways are haunted😈😈😈😈i couldnt resist i hid in the recessed section to my front door waiting until they got close to enough to scare em:flail:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.